Go to page:

Share a little about you..I, for one, am happy to meet you..

Tio
Lost Thinker
Ethiopia
Joined 6th Sep 2017
Forum Posts: 7

Arty78 said:

Hey Tio thank you for telling us a little about yourself. I hope life shows you some good time soon. I've never been to Ethiopia, but would love to visit one day.

Tio
Lost Thinker
Ethiopia
Joined 6th Sep 2017

Hi Arty78:) How are you doing? Hope ure good. It's nice to visit places. Maybe u should check out Ethiopia sometime. It's got interesting historical sites as well.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

Arty78 said:

A weird coincidence happened just before i read your post. I listened to a Joy Division song (Warsaw).  I hadn't heard it in a long time. Does Peter Hook have solo material he plays, as well as Joy Division, Bizarre Love Triangle, and other New Order classics. I'm a big fan of Gary Numan, and other music from that time period. One of my favorite bands is Fad Gadget.
As for U2, twice I've had tickets to see them, and twice i was unable to go. Was their concert you recently saw, the Joshua Tree tour?

I believe that Peter Hook is performing mainly Joy Division/ New Order songs, on this particular tour coming up.  U2--yes, it was the Joshua Tree 30th anniversary tour. ....and that's how I know when I'm getting old, because I saw the original Joshua Tree tour, 30 years ago!  LOL  Saw U2 in 1985, 1987, 1993, 2009 and the fifth time was just three months ago in June.  

poet Anonymous

Tio said:Hi Arty78:) How are you doing? Hope ure good. It's nice to visit places. Maybe u should check out Ethiopia sometime. It's got interesting historical sites as well.
Hey Tio, so much in Ethiopia I'd love to see, Afar, Blue Nile Falls, Lake Tana, Danakil Depression, Lalibela, Sof Omar Caves, and so much more.

dejure
vick
Dangerous Mind
29awards
Joined 17th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 2879

hello there, am a graphic designer living in Dubai with my wife.  I was born in Sri Lanka and moved here for work. I started writing when I was a teenager, mostly songs to my two chords songs I loved the gothic, dark, heavy metal, medieval themes and music. so everything I wrote, I sketched was dark and grim. even then when I wrote a song first thing came to my mind was the visuals, they played like a music video. it's the same even now.  I listen almost any music. Slipknot to Katy Perry.. ( I wouldn't buy her music but I admit her songs are catchy. if I heard in the morning I will be humming that even when going back home)

Actually writing helped me as a therapy. I noticed most of the members here all suffered some kinda trauma in their early selves. and that leads them to write and release the anger frustration, sadness etc. I was alone, and I felt alone almost every night. so every night if I wasn't high I would write. that's when the dejure came in. it was silly... I know. But I loved the idea of slim shady of Eminem. so I created this inner character De Jure. that wasn't the first choice of name. I have written conversations between me and him. I would pretend I have a split personality. lol

I only started writing other than dark poems was like 2 - 3 years ago. Its always a pleasure to spend time in the DUP :)

poet Anonymous

dejure said:hello there, am a graphic designer living in Dubai with my wife.  I was born in Sri Lanka and moved here for work. I started writing when I was a teenager, mostly songs to my two chords songs I loved the gothic, dark, heavy metal, medieval themes and music. so everything I wrote, I sketched was dark and grim. even then when I wrote a song first thing came to my mind was the visuals, they played like a music video. it's the same even now.  I listen almost any music. Slipknot to Katy Perry.. ( I wouldn't buy her music but I admit her songs are catchy. if I heard in the morning I will be humming that even when going back home)

Actually writing helped me as a therapy. I noticed most of the members here all suffered some kinda trauma in their early selves. and that leads them to write and release the anger frustration, sadness etc. I was alone, and I felt alone almost every night. so every night if I wasn't high I would write. that's when the dejure came in. it was silly... I know. But I loved the idea of slim shady of Eminem. so I created this inner character De Jure. that wasn't the first choice of name. I have written conversations between me and him. I would pretend I have a split personality. lol

I only started writing other than dark poems was like 2 - 3 years ago. Its always a pleasure to spend time in the DUP :)

Katy Perry Lol, I know how you feel. My little one loves her, so I'm obligated to listen to her as well. She gets annoyed when I sing along.

Do you miss Sri Lanka, or is Dubai home now?

Yes, it does appear that some kind of mental or physical trauma is linked to poetic escape, or therapy...unfortunately.

Thank you for sharing DeJure, and your other personality. 🙂

dejure
vick
Dangerous Mind
29awards
Joined 17th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 2879

Arty78 said:

haha yeah, I miss Sri Lanka, for he greenery, here the climate is too hot and you don't see much greenery unless you go to a park. but living is much easier here. hopefully, our government will create a better country for us to go back.

Tio
Lost Thinker
Ethiopia
Joined 6th Sep 2017

Arty78 said:
Hey Tio, so much in Ethiopia I'd love to see, Afar, Blue Nile Falls, Lake Tana, Danakil Depression, Lalibela, Sof Omar Caves, and so much more.

Tio
Lost Thinker
Ethiopia
Joined 6th Sep 2017

Hi:) well no time like the present. We just celebrated New Year's on Monday. U should visit then.

A_tellers_tale
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 2nd Sep 2017
Forum Posts: 2

Favorites wax and wane but if I was to have an evening of jazz music Trombone Shorty would be my current favorite ~ perhaps not new, but unexpected

Many places and experiences have touched me deeply in my life but among all these, the ones connected to dirt roads and hiking trails perhaps run the deepest.

Favorite pig out food…pulled pork BBQ sandwich and slaw

Favorite sporting event: College football

Long or short hair on a woman? Long hair ~ unless she already has short hair and was willing to give me the time of day

Xtreme sports I love but would never try: extreme wing suit base jumping.

Friends – I tend to have a very small (read: select) group of friends. What you call foxhole buddies that I'd be there for regardless

If I could have picked any time when I would have chosen to live – the 1800’s on the American frontier

A Fav book: Khalil Gibran’s The Prophet. Just really well crafted thoughts

Favorite play [movie]: Henry the V  - Kenneth Branagh (adaption). Hey, there’s just not a Shakespeare production company out here in the sticks…just sayin’

Favorite Movie: The Quiet Man, starring John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara

Favorite ice cream: Turtle Tracks – but I’m not prejudiced, I’m willing to play the field. There’s just aren't very many problems a good bowl of ice cream won’t help – except your waistline  :D

No tattoos or piercings but I’ve tried to make up for it with scars to mark my “hey, y’all, watch this moments.

Embarrassing moment: In 8th grade I had almost managed to avoid gong to the 8th grade dance. At the last minute a young lady approached me and asked me - hey, once upon a time I was painfully shy - besides, this is my story (and I'm sticking to it). Don't get me wrong, she was a good looking gal but mine was not a dancing family. I mean I have absolutely no memories of my parents dancing and I wasn't a dancer.
I valiantly tried to explain all this but I couldn't get around her, "Thats ok, my parents can teach you" or the not so subtle effect she was having on my hormones. So on the appropriate day my mother (who was immensely enjoying my discomfort) dropped me off for my lesson.
What immediately dawned on me - and I had failed to connect (which is apparently why no one else had asked her) was she was the coach's daughter.
To say that the lesson was painful wouldn't be right. More like traumatizing. Coach was a BIG boy who danced like a bear and outlined dance steps like football plays...his wife was nice but that was the first time I had a well endowed woman pressed up against me...don't think MILF here - think AWKWARD - "the sisters" were just hard to get out of the range of!
Just for the record, I don't remember the dance and I apparently survived Jr High School but its safe to say, I dance no better now than I did after my first and only lesson. I'm just thankful I survived.

Dance – Having just proven I can't dance let’s just pretend that if I could, I'd love to try the jitterbug. That just looks like full on fun!

A favorite quote: “Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be. ”Miguel de Cervantes

Fav color: Green

Fav vacation: Have a pontoon plane fly me out to a cabin on a lake and come back for me a couple weeks (or more) later

poet Anonymous

A_tellers_tale said:Favorites wax and wane but if I was to have an evening of jazz music Trombone Shorty would be my current favorite ~ perhaps not new, but unexpected

Many places and experiences have touched me deeply in my life but among all these, the ones connected to dirt roads and hiking trails perhaps run the deepest.

Favorite pig out food…pulled pork BBQ sandwich and slaw

Favorite sporting event: College football

Long or short hair on a woman? Long hair ~ unless she already has short hair and was willing to give me the time of day

Xtreme sports I love but would never try: extreme wing suit base jumping.

Friends – I tend to have a very small (read: select) group of friends. What you call foxhole buddies that I'd be there for regardless

If I could have picked any time when I would have chosen to live – the 1800’s on the American frontier

A Fav book: Khalil Gibran’s The Prophet. Just really well crafted thoughts

Favorite play [movie]: Henry the V  - Kenneth Branagh (adaption). Hey, there’s just not a Shakespeare production company out here in the sticks…just sayin’

Favorite Movie: The Quiet Man, starring John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara

Favorite ice cream: Turtle Tracks – but I’m not prejudiced, I’m willing to play the field. There’s just aren't very many problems a good bowl of ice cream won’t help – except your waistline  :D

No tattoos or piercings but I’ve tried to make up for it with scars to mark my “hey, y’all, watch this moments.

Embarrassing moment: In 8th grade I had almost managed to avoid gong to the 8th grade dance. At the last minute a young lady approached me and asked me - hey, once upon a time I was painfully shy - besides, this is my story (and I'm sticking to it). Don't get me wrong, she was a good looking gal but mine was not a dancing family. I mean I have absolutely no memories of my parents dancing and I wasn't a dancer.
I valiantly tried to explain all this but I couldn't get around her, "Thats ok, my parents can teach you" or the not so subtle effect she was having on my hormones. So on the appropriate day my mother (who was immensely enjoying my discomfort) dropped me off for my lesson.
What immediately dawned on me - and I had failed to connect (which is apparently why no one else had asked her) was she was the coach's daughter.
To say that the lesson was painful wouldn't be right. More like traumatizing. Coach was a BIG boy who danced like a bear and outlined dance steps like football plays...his wife was nice but that was the first time I had a well endowed woman pressed up against me...don't think MILF here - think AWKWARD - "the sisters" were just hard to get out of the range of!
Just for the record, I don't remember the dance and I apparently survived Jr High School but its safe to say, I dance no better now than I did after my first and only lesson. I'm just thankful I survived.

Dance – Having just proven I can't dance let’s just pretend that if I could, I'd love to try the jitterbug. That just looks like full on fun!

A favorite quote: “Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be. ”Miguel de Cervantes

Fav color: Green

Fav vacation: Have a pontoon plane fly me out to a cabin on a lake and come back for me a couple weeks (or more) later

Thanks for sharing A_tellers_tale. Love the favorite quote.
Yes, i did prefer women with longer hair, but like yourself, if any gave me the time of day, I wouldn't of cared.
Love the embarrassing moment story....classic.
I'd love to try extreme winged base suit jumping as well, but....first I'd like to perfect not falling. Perhaps hand gliding might be more realistic, with a parachute, back up parachute, my friends below holding a mattress....lol

MisanthropicShynes
MisanthropicShyness
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom 2awards
Joined 17th Sep 2017
Forum Posts: 19

I'm 30, single and no children. I'm starting a computer science degree. I'm a recovering alcoholic and that's when I started writing poetry. It helped me to get my thoughts out. Also other people in recovery were doing the same and I felt that this would benefit me too. However I got judged and in trouble with the service for mentioning explicit poetry that I'd written. I'm also autistic which makes it hard to understand people's reactions. Many of the people I've been around were obnoxiously not understanding of autism. I've never been able to make friends although I do try. I also barely see my family which is sad.

I enjoy many types of music including metal, gothic rock, dark wave, chill out and synth. I don't like trendy mainstream music.

I like films especially horror films like the conjuring. I also like anime like Tokyo ghoul.

I live in Nottingham in England and have lived here most of my life.

I'd love to travel the world but can't afford to.

I also like trading card games like magic the gathering.

poet Anonymous

MisanthropicShynes said:I'm 30, single and no children. I'm starting a computer science degree. I'm a recovering alcoholic and that's when I started writing poetry. It helped me to get my thoughts out. Also other people in recovery were doing the same and I felt that this would benefit me too. However I got judged and in trouble with the service for mentioning explicit poetry that I'd written. I'm also autistic which makes it hard to understand people's reactions. Many of the people I've been around were obnoxiously not understanding of autism. I've never been able to make friends although I do try. I also barely see my family which is sad.

I enjoy many types of music including metal, gothic rock, dark wave, chill out and synth. I don't like trendy mainstream music.

I like films especially horror films like the conjuring. I also like anime like Tokyo ghoul.

I live in Nottingham in England and have lived here most of my life.

I'd love to travel the world but can't afford to.

I also like trading card games like magic the gathering.

Hello MisanthropicShynes, thank you for sharing a little about yourself. Good luck with your Computer Science degree..
Also continue the great, and what i imagine would be a very difficult life change in being a recovering alcoholic. I wish you continual strength in dealing with this.
Never been to Nottingham, or England. It is on my places to visit one day, money allowing.
The Conjuring was a good movie.
Anyway, thanks again. I look forward to reading your poems.

MisanthropicShynes
MisanthropicShyness
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom 2awards
Joined 17th Sep 2017
Forum Posts: 19

Arty78 said:

Hello MisanthropicShynes, thank you for sharing a little about yourself. Good luck with your Computer Science degree..
Also continue the great, and what i imagine would be a very difficult life change in being a recovering alcoholic. I wish you continual strength in dealing with this.
Never been to Nottingham, or England. It is on my places to visit one day, money allowing.
The Conjuring was a good movie.
Anyway, thanks again. I look forward to reading your poems.
Thank you for your kind words

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: