Go to page:

Ask The Person Below You A Question.

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 1633

Yeah, at least two or three, I'm thinking of posting a short story series inspired by one of my old poems.

Have you ever written a novel and if not do you plan to?

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2454

No. Id love to just dont have the time.

You?

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013

Same, not enough time.

Dream job?

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16191

Owning my own news portal.

What do you think of short stories compilation?

poet Anonymous

Depends what they're about.

Ever broken a bone?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

no, saw my brother break his collar bone when we were kids. very funny,  for weeks it was funny. and still, now; many years later. thanks for the laugh,  lady

scientists have produced a woman who can see a million more colours than most everyone. ..could be more than a million

it's something which is passed on from a parent who is colour-blind ( and some other possibly critical component ) gives an extra cone

my question is this. has anyone here got colour blind parents ? are you female ? how many colours can you see ?

...also, how is it possible for someone to  prove that can see millions more colours ?

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

about four or five and I have managed to convert them to short story  status

Have you ever read a short story and then wrote a poem about it :-)

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013

Indeed I have.

If John is meating Jane at 3:30 and it's 1:37 and John is 42 miles away travling at 25.2 miles an hour, how much meth has Jane used?

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

First, I need to know how much meth Jane had at her disposal, to begin with, then second, I need to know how much she can use in grams-per-minute.  Additionally, I'll need to know her serum creatnine level so I can calculate her glomerular filtration rate, to determine how much of the meth will be excreted by first pass metabolism in her body, then I'll answer that, so I can make a comparison on exactly how much Jane used as opposed to how much is still in her system and if it's enough to do the job.

Do you know what a glomerular filtration rate, is?

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

I think you misspelled it it is actually Gnomerula  filtration rate and it is the rate that the Ministry for Gardens allows Gnomes to move from Gnomeland to planet earth

Do you have any Garden Gnomes?

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

No, but I have a few cat-statues.

What would be a great joke gift, to give someone?

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

A large box filled with polystyrene chips all wrapped up in a bow

what's the best birthday present you ever got?

poet Anonymous

It was actually from my mother in law. It was this beautiful, totally inexpensive bangle from a market that still remains one of my favourite things to wear. I do love it.

Have you ever had a surprise party?

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

No, never had a surprise birthday party... I think they're overrated, both surprise parties and birthdays in general.

A question that can't be ignored:
lepperochan said:

scientists have produced a woman who can see a million more colours than most everyone. ..could be more than a million

it's something which is passed on from a parent who is colour-blind ( and some other possibly critical component ) gives an extra cone

my question is this. has anyone here got colour blind parents ? are you female ? how many colours can you see ?

...also, how is it possible for someone to  prove that can see millions more colours ?

No, I don't believe my parents were colour blind, but how can anyone know for sure?  No, I'm male.  I believe I can see a full spectrum of colours, however, how many that is I have no idea.

Also, I agree, how can anyone really know how many colours one can see. I assume there must be some kind of tedious testing method that would take several days or weeks to run through millions of paint swatches and charts from the local hardware store... but how do we even know we're seeing he same colours anyway? A shitty shade of brown to one could be a flush red rose to another.

I think we just get programmed to associate colours with names from a young age, perhaps that's why we all have different favourite colours and not everyone loves the colour of the sky.

My question is this...

What was the first thing that popped in your mind the very first time you had [consensual] sex?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/futurism.com/scientists-say-they-found-a-woman-who-can-see-99-million-colors-more-than-the-rest-of-us/amp/

I was a tiny bit out with the numbers. explains it all up there

eh, that's a hard one. wasn't anything deep anway I can tell you that.  long story short,  probably something age representative like "g'wan, h'up horsey"   ahh, sweet love. If i knew then what i do now  

I shall pass the same question to the next person

Go to page:
Go to: