Go to page:

DU Groups

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Ahavati said:

Awesomeness! Two great visualists!

Also, regarding the notifications: They're working perfectly on currently posted threads ( topics ); however, we're not receiving any for new posts or new members who join.

Or was this on your project board?

I'm working on something very special regarding notifications

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14588

admin said:

Ohhhhhhh!!!!!

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

admin said:

Yay, sounds interesting.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

Hi WebMiss.

I just noticed that there is little in the way of "tools" for the directors of a group.  :ie with regards to our pinned threads, we can only pin them, we cannot move them to put them in order of relevance and such.  We can pin and hide.  That seems to be the only thing we can do that anyone who joins the groups cannot do, so it seems?

I was only asking, as I was looking to order the pinned groups, so I could put the "Hello" thread first for example.  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14588

Magdalena said:Hi WebMiss.

I just noticed that there is little in the way of "tools" for the directors of a group.  :ie with regards to our pinned threads, we can only pin them, we cannot move them to put them in order of relevance and such.  We can pin and hide.  That seems to be the only thing we can do that anyone who joins the groups cannot do, so it seems?

I was only asking, as I was looking to order the pinned groups, so I could put the "Hello" thread first for example.

Great suggestion.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

to help me understand 'groups'...

When we used to have a 'competition'
we had people posting in a serial fashion,
everything was in one linear column...

so i joined a group to check things out,
i was able to reply to existing posts, but the initial post button did not seem to let me post.
thats all i know...

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

Magdalena said:Hi WebMiss.

Thanks for the feedback.

It's possible to manipulate the order of pinned posts, because they get pinned in the order you pin them. Therefore you can re-pin them to change the order. I haven't built in an ordering system as it makes things more complex (perhaps something for the future). Also, I figured there wouldn't be too many pinned posts, as it wouldn't leave much room for the latest content to show on the first page.

Things you can do as a Director/Editor, which other group members cannot:
- Change the group image
- Change the group status
- Change the group 'about' page
- Remove/Block members from the group
- Hide any discussion post or comment
- Pin a discussion

Being a group lead, isn't so much about the functionality, it's more about being the driving force behind the group; setting the direction and vibe of the group.

Of course, if there's suggestions over the coming months, that help group leads realise their vision for their groups, I will help wherever possible

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

rabbitquest said: to help me understand 'groups'...

When we used to have a 'competition'
we had people posting in a serial fashion,
everything was in one linear column...

so i joined a group to check things out,
i was able to reply to existing posts, but the initial post button did not seem to let me post.
thats all i know...

Hi,

I'm glad you've started exploring the DU Groups.

You did indeed make some discussion posts, so I'm guessing this worked out? I'm not entirely clear on the issue you had, but if you can provide some more detail, I'll certainly look into this further.

Thanks

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

admin said:

Thanks for the feedback.

It's possible to manipulate the order of pinned posts, because they get pinned in the order you pin them. Therefore you can re-pin them to change the order. I haven't built in an ordering system as it makes things more complex (perhaps something for the future). Also, I figured there wouldn't be too many pinned posts, as it wouldn't leave much room for the latest content to show on the first page.

Things you can do as a Director/Editor, which other group members cannot:
- Change the group image
- Change the group status
- Change the group 'about' page
- Block members from the group
- Hide any discussion post or comment
- Pin a discussion

Being a group lead, isn't so much about the functionality, it's more about being the driving force behind the group; setting the direction and vibe of the group.

Of course, if there's suggestions over the coming months, that help group leads realise their vision for their groups, I will help wherever possible

Great stuff WebMiss.  I've un-pinned and re-pinned and the order is much better now.  I just wanted the "introduce yourself" and "The practice patch" to be the first discussions.  

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

Hullo

Craic here from The Igloo

on behalf of myself and my people we were wondering if you could make it bigger. just another inch maybe

its hard, y'know.

(reply comment box is hard to work with on mobile)

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

lepperochan said:Hullo

Craic here from The Igloo

on behalf of myself and my people we were wondering if you could make it bigger. just another inch maybe

its hard, y'know.

(reply comment box is hard to work with on mobile)

I've made it a tad bigger, let me know if that does the job, size isn't everything after all

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

much obliged, lady

someone once said: If a lady says size isn't everything, she's shallow

..I don't get it

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

You should now see some notification alerts next to the inbox alerts.

Apologies to those of you who have been around for a while, who may see a large number of alerts. I believe these will mostly be unread replies to comments you've made on poems.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16196

admin said:You should now see some notification alerts next to the inbox alerts.

Apologies to those of you who have been around for a while, who may see a large number of alerts. I believe these will mostly be unread replies to comments you've made on poems.

Actually Webmiss, I kind of like it ...now I can look back and reread the poems that I commented on.

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

Grace said:

Actually Webmiss, I kind of like it ...now I can look back and reread the poems that I commented on.

Great stuff

Go to page:
Go to: