DU Groups

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

admin said:
I do see your point. However, at the moment with only YouTube integration, it makes it public by default, so I think that's something I'll consider further down the line.

Okay, that makes sense and no worries.  Thank you for all of the time and work you're putting into this project.  

poet Anonymous

DevlinDLC said:
I have a concern over the ``Welcome Party`` Group.

So far we have zero ``Members`` and I fear that it will remain at a zero membership in part that it is directed to those Joining DUP for the first time and not necessarily toward DU Veterans or those already familiar with the site.

Dev, in the spirit of solidarity and helping each other, would it at all help (because we have a welcome thread in our group to introduce people to our group) if we mentioned a link back to your welcome party to remind people that you are the first stop for all new members?

I'd be happy to oblige.

poet Anonymous

Miss_Sub said:

Dev, in the spirit of solidarity and helping each other, would it at all help (because we have a welcome thread in our group to introduce people to our group) if we mentioned a link back to your welcome party to remind people that you are the first stop for all new members?

I'd be happy to oblige.

Missy, that`d be great for Us!
We Thank You, humbly.

Now I got to get back to finishing my book.
Later ...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

JohnnyBlaze said:Greetings to all poets of the Deep Underground.

The Honest Crafted Critique group is open for business.

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/groups/honestly-crafted-critique/discussion/

If you are struggling with writing a particular poem, feel free to drop in and post it in a New Post. Ahavati and I will do our best to give you helpful feedback towards making improvements and finishing it. We won't be the only poets providing Honest Critique. This group is open to everyone willing to be of service to other members.

Echo!

Who will be the first to brave a submission?!

poet Anonymous

DevlinDLC said:

Missy, that`d be great for Us!
We Thank You, humbly.

Done. You're listed on our welcome thread now to remind new members to check you out *thumbs up*

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

I've released an update to "on page" group notifications.

- The count in bottom right corner of each discussion, on the main discussion page, now counts both comments and replies (previously this was only a count of comments directly on the main post).
- When you open a discussion, it will highlight the icon in blue in the bottom right corner of a comment, when it has one or more new replies.
- Viewing a discussion "marks it as read" so if you refresh/revisit the page, or post a comment on that discussion, the notifications for that discussion will be cleared. You can also still mark everything as read using the button at the top.

There will be much more coming by way of group notifications during the next few weeks (i.e. My Updates page additions and alerts in the site navigation bar).

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

DevlinDLC said:
So far we have zero ``Members`` and I fear that it will remain at a zero membership in part that it is directed to those Joining DUP for the first time and not necessarily toward DU Veterans or those already familiar with the site.

There are members, but the list isn't shown for this group. This is because new members are automatically added when they join DU. This might change in the future, but at the moment it would try to load them all on one page, so the list could get really long.

You will see messages on the activity page for members who choose to join (i.e. veterans who weren't automatically added).

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Query: Can we have Competitions in Groups? And, it so, will winners be awarded trophies?

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

Ahavati said:Query: Can we have Competitions in Groups? And, it so, will winners be awarded trophies?

You can promote a competition in a group, but it would need to use the existing competitions framework in the forums. So it would just be a link in a group, that would allow people to ask questions etc.

I will think about a way to "share" a winner announcement into a group, but that would come further down the line.

Also, I will think about incorporating a nicer way to include the link, rather than just a standard clickable URL.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

admin said:

You can promote a competition in a group, but it would need to use the existing competitions framework in the forums. So it would just be a link in a group, that would allow people to ask questions etc.

I will think about a way to "share" a winner announcement into a group, but that would come further down the line.

Also, I will think about incorporating a nicer way to include the link, rather than just a standard clickable URL.

Much Appreciated.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

What's the craic with our budgets. could do with some stuff. shiny stuff. myself and Jack wouldn't mind mucking in with the spending of money. quick ball park figure, I reckon if you could allocate us about 700 British pounds we could make a good start on becoming cocaine addicts

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

lepperochan said:What's the craic with our budgets. could do with some stuff. shiny stuff. myself and Jack wouldn't mind mucking in with the spending of money. quick ball park figure, I reckon if you could allocate us about 700 British pounds we could make a good start on becoming cocaine addicts

I sold all my British pounds pre-Brexit when the going was good. I got a load of magic beans for them, do you like magic beans?
I heard they're a bit like coke. We could get you doing a little jig or something after.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

hey, you had me with magic. anything with magic in it is A+. happy days.

basically you invested all your money into drugs. that's rad heh heh whatever else you do, don't throw them out the window if the cops come a knockin'

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

lepperochan said:hey, you had me with magic. anything with magic in it is A+. happy days.

basically you invested all your money into drugs. that's rad heh heh whatever else you do, don't throw them out the window if the cops come a knockin'

Drugs are like gold, a solid investment when things go to shit

Go to page:
Go to: