Go to page:

DU Groups

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14271

admin said:

Currently images cannot be uploaded to comments or comment replies. Not sure yet if/when that will change, I will gather feedback, so I'll note the request

Thanks! We appreciate it greatly, and will go an alternate route for now.

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Introducing a brand new group "Word Play", which will be looked after by Grace.

Hone your skills through word play. Participate with other members in quick-fire short poem and prose challenges.

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/groups/word-play/discussion/

You can find all your favourite "endless" challenges here from the competitions forum.

poet Anonymous

General question out of interest: do posts in groups count towards our forum post count? (I post quite a bit every day and just haven’t noticed if it does or not)

I just wondered in terms of users ranks etc.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16069

Hi there everybody!
We have a new group for those who love the endless thread  with its short poems and prose. As Webmiss just announced, its called Word Play.  I am sure these threads will allow us to hone our writing skills, and forge friendships through interactions. And its fun. So join in our Word Play group. Welcoming everyone!

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

Miss_Sub said:General question out of interest: do posts in groups count towards our forum post count? (I post quite a bit every day and just haven’t noticed if it does or not)

I just wondered in terms of users ranks etc.

I'm going to be adding a different count for group related stuff, and it will count towards ranks. This will be coming soon, and it will count retrospectively.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

Good day to you all.                 18/ 10/17

The Igloo poetry workshop, through its dedicated directorships of Mr Jack Heslop and Mr Lepper O' Chan,  does with immediate effect declare itself independent from Deep Underground Poetry

that in mind, but at the same time moving on, The Igloo poetry workshop will forthwith cease to be known as The Igloo poetry workshop ( TIPW) and will now instead be known as Ten Igloos to sell) (TITS) so would subsequently appeal to our brother and sister groups to use TITS when refering to or addressing this great independent state

..we jest

mostly

The Igloo will shortly be exploring a different avenue,  i.e. will change from workshop to discussion group.

having been blessed with bucket loads of integrity and foresight, The Igloo (  formally known as The Igloo poetry workshop)  would apeal to members who joined a 'workshop' to unjoin and, if to taste, join the discussion group

The Igloo (formally known as The Igloo poetry workshop) will endevour to be a hub of ideas, philosophy, conversation and debate

poet Anonymous

Dear TITS,

Much like a well fitting bra, Loud-speaker poetry would like to extend its support to your group during this period of transformation, and fully understands that transformation is essential for growth.

Looking forward to see what you all have to offer and best wishes to you all 👍🏻

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah16/Ahavati1/buttons_zpsqfumlmow.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/DUpoetry/photos/a.10154508509648665.1073741826.148635498664/10155718681773665/?type=3&theater

Brand new for the weekends on the #dupoetry Facebook page. This is the first post in a line up of monthly features from each our new DU #poetry groups. For this one I'm handing over to the hosts of #HonestlyCraftedCritique https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/groups/honestly-crafted-critique/ We'll be continuing with more group features next weekend.

" The Buttons & Bottle Caps of Critiquing "

When it comes to honestly critiquing poetry, there are many different approaches to be taken or techniques to be applied. It really boils down to the quality and condition of the poem you are presented with.

A thorough critique of a poem can take upwards of two hours of your personal time you are not being reimbursed for. Unless you are in fact getting paid. If that is the case, then please point us to the Human Resources department for applications.

All kidding aside, bettering yourself and others as writers is the true reward.

However, your time is valuable and should only be reserved for those desirous of serious and in-depth analysis.

So, words of advice: before assessing any poems, critique their owners. Do some investigative homework on your potential victims recipients to determine if they are taking advantage of aid from others, merely looking for a clap on the back or are just networking to gain exposure to their portfolio. You may just save yourself hours of angst and effort laboring over the brain child of someone who may not be even be interested in applying the knowledge you're gleaning for him or her.

If you do have reservations about the writer, you can always get your feet wet in the shallows of the pool by bouncing a few ideas off this person before diving headfirst into the deep end.

Or if you have plenty of time to kill, then throw caution to the wind and have at it - you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

And if you do love poetry as much as we do and would like to earn a living wage from such a creative activity that brings you joy, there is nothing stopping you from becoming a paid professional critiquer hawking your services on Facebook or Craig's List.

We do recommend asking for money in exchange for your services ( currently the Deep Underground Webmiss pays us with sewing buttons and bottle caps, which makes for great art! ).

Ahavati & Johnny

https://www.facebook.com/DUpoetry/photos/a.10154508509648665.1073741826.148635498664/10155718681773665/?type=3&theater

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

Brand new group Spoken Word Lowdown just launched, currently home to our #SpokenWordLowdown features from Facebook.

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/groups/spoken-word-lowdown/discussion/

poet Anonymous

Hello

Since adding the bold / italic / strike through buttons on groups (wonderful stuff) groups doesn’t display properly on my iPhone.

You can’t click the text box until maybe ten clicks, and when you try and move the cursor, it deletes maybe three lines above so you can never click and edit where you want to click.

Also, the threads are flickering when I click on them, and it won’t let me scroll down. This only happens on my iPhone, not the laptop. It’s only happened since the new style text box.

Just reporting as a fix, if you would 👍🏻

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

Miss_Sub said:Hello

Since adding the bold / italic / strike through buttons on groups (wonderful stuff) groups doesn’t display properly on my iPhone.

You can’t click the text box until maybe ten clicks, and when you try and move the cursor, it deletes maybe three lines above so you can never click and edit where you want to click.

Also, the threads are flickering when I click on them, and it won’t let me scroll down. This only happens on my iPhone, not the laptop. It’s only happened since the new style text box.

Just reporting as a fix, if you would 👍🏻

Thanks for reporting. I don't have an iphone so I can't reproduce these issues in order to try and fix them. I've changed it to use a different plug in now so hopefully that will resolve things. Please let me know.

poet Anonymous

Hi webmiss.

the problem isn’t fixed...it’s got worse.

Now I can’t type in the box at all on my iPhone. It won’t let me select the box to type. At all. Same on my iPad.

Edit: I’ve recorded my screen as a video so you can see what is happening - https://youtu.be/dC79OYA-w70

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Improving Your Work Through the Eyes of Another!

The final installation of our critique series for 2017! Where is time going?! Happy Holidays and Prosperously Blessed 2018!

🎄💖🎊

https://m.facebook.com/DUpoetry/photos/a.10154508509648665.1073741826.148635498664/10155893075103665/?type=3¬if_t=feedback_reaction_generic¬if_id=1513457184370840&ref=m_notif

Joshuaberry
Ancestor
Fire of Insight
Nigeria 2awards
Joined 18th Aug 2017
Forum Posts: 231

Web Mistress? How can one obtain stars here?

And also i've been trying to change my profile picture but i've been have trouble with it.

I'll be glad,if you promptly fix it.

Joshua.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Ahavati said:Improving Your Work Through the Eyes of Another!

The final installation of our critique series for 2017! Where is time going?! Happy Holidays and Prosperously Blessed 2018!

🎄💖🎊

https://m.facebook.com/DUpoetry/photos/a.10154508509648665.1073741826.148635498664/10155893075103665/?type=3¬if_t=feedback_reaction_generic¬if_id=1513457184370840&ref=m_notif

Time flies when we're critiquing hard and having fun!

💑💜💕💋

Go to page:
Go to: