JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Dangerous Mind
United States
13awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 1369

Ahavati said:

I have no idea what would work at this point! It's almost become a fixture here!  But, yes, your suggestion does have merit!

I am still envisioning a big stick under it and everyone jumping on it to dislodge it!

I blame Josh for having put in SO many entries.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
73awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 3108

lepperochan said:I stand correctified 😎

So do I! I was thinking of our private message conversation where he asked me if I thought it was a good idea to mimic the classics except with DU Poets!  Thus the term, Doppelganger!  That's the same day I cross-posted the Avatars Amuck comp.  

I think "write" a poem means, well, write a new poem; however, what would help in the future is if new or old writes were clarified.  

At least it's been resolved now! Jumping on the stick worked!

JohnnyBlaze said:

I blame Josh for having put in SO many entries.

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
71awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 4969

lepperochan said:One idea might have been to put forward only the submissions which adhered to the rules...

That would be up to us as mods, to go through the thread and nix anything that didn't adhere to the rules, hence giving less for the voters, to have to read.  But yeah--agree with that.

Also, maybe we could set a cut off limit for entries vs going to vote--say maybe 20.  Any comps with more than 20 entries, aren't eligible for voting, but then too, if the host truly abandoned it and has no intentions of assigning a winner, then the comp is sort of stuck without being finalized and everyone's time got wasted, who wrote for it.  

Or maybe send them to vote anyway, the ones who's host has blown them off, and take away the comp-starting function of that host so they can't start anymore, if that's the way they're going to handle them.

Or maybe some Miralax.  If we feed the Poem Worm some Miralax, maybe he'll get the DUP plumbing moving along nicely, with a few winners, pooped out?  A good colon cleanse is a great feeling, at times, and healthy, too. ...

Go to page:
Go to: