Go to page:

Updated Terms - Users with Multiple Accounts

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Just to clarify on this, I think it's important to be really clear with text like:

I also use this website on the following accounts (usernames): example_username1 and example_username2.

Simply saying aka isn't clear, as people may not realise that they are usernames of other DU Poetry accounts, people might just think it's a nickname or such.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14270

admin said:Just to clarify on this, I think it's important to be really clear with text like:

I also use this website on the following accounts (usernames): example_username1 and example_username2.

Simply saying aka isn't clear, as people may not realise that they are usernames of other DU Poetry accounts, people might just think it's a nickname or such.

True. I didn't think about that. Changing now.

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1337

admin said:

I can set accounts to a more permanent deletion status if people so desire. I would need to be contacted via email from the email address on the deactivated account.

I like having the option to reactivate simply because it has a time stamp attached to it. That way if questions of "who wrote it first" come up, I have this as well as my own files on my computer. thanks for the work you do!!!

clewluss
SMOOKY
Thought Provoker
Joined 22nd Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 281

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 706

admin said:Having listened to members' concerns over those operating under multiple user accounts on DU Poetry, I have updated the Terms to add the following:

You are actively discouraged from creating multiple accounts on the Site. If you do have more than one user account, you are required to have this stated publicly at all times, on each account's public profile page and forum signature. This public statement must include the usernames of all of your other accounts. You may not use any of your accounts to promote User Content posted by any other account you operate. This includes, but is not limited to, awarding competition trophies, votes, likes and reading list entries. Failure to comply with any of these requirements may lead to some, or all, of your deepundergroundpoetry.com accounts being terminated.

This is in addition to what was already in the Terms regarding this matter:

You may not create multiple accounts with overlapping uses or in order to evade the temporary or permanent suspension of a separate account.

The main issue raised was the lack of transparency with regards to users operating under multiple different accounts. From my perspective, this policy update is of particular importance for new members, who may not know who is who.

Any user who wishes to maintain multiple user accounts (for any reason) should now adhere to the policy outlined above. Both their profile and forum signature should say something very similar to this:

Is there some way you could require that all new accounts be established through an identifiable ip address even if the user logs in later on through a vpn, that would possibly help with transparency and prevent fraud, it's just a suggestion

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

ayy let me grave dig

suppose, theoretically, i had old accounts that i want gone, but for various reasons I can't access the email addresses?

i would suggest- in deference of course to your adminess- you resend a confirmation email to the account(s), and since I know that email address doesn't exist, you will then have reason to suspend the account. (s).

Daffodil32
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 28th Feb 2018
Forum Posts: 47

hello, im not sure why people would have two accounts and i guess it may well be confusing for other people. personally i only have one account on here, i don't feel the need for two . i have a twin sister and she also uses this site but of course her account is her own .. in the past , i can't remember where ... but someone thought we were the same person using two accounts, of course we are not , we are two seperate people who just happen to like using the same sites... i think actually this happened on a mental health forum people got confused because we kept writing similar things about how we feel but we are twins and have very similar issues..

i have seen on here a few people who seem to have an account but do not post poems or seem to have zero poems and no comments on anyone else's , this is confusing for me as why join a poetry site if your not going to post?

anyhow

bullying should not exist on a site like this but im sure there is the odd person who comes onto sites just to annoy people, its not nice but i guess it happens, i've seen it before elsewhere... people bullying people and these people have no interest in using the site as they should ..

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

I want to thank people with multiple accounts for there creativity and virtuous acts.

A person's feral response is to strike out in anger, but it just isn't the case that we are malushious.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14270

rabbitquest said:I want to thank people with multiple accounts for there creativity and virtuous acts.

A person's feral response is to strike out in anger, but it just isn't the case that we are malushious.

* curtsies *

smackdownraven
Dangerous Mind
5awards
Joined 29th Sep 2017
Forum Posts: 50

thank you Mistress for the update I edited my profile page accordingly 😊

Go to page:
Go to: