Go to page:

Updated Terms - Users with Multiple Accounts

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Having listened to members' concerns over those operating under multiple user accounts on DU Poetry, I have updated the Terms to add the following:

You are actively discouraged from creating multiple accounts on the Site. If you do have more than one user account, you are required to have this stated publicly at all times, on each account's public profile page and forum signature. This public statement must include the usernames of all of your other accounts. You may not use any of your accounts to promote User Content posted by any other account you operate. This includes, but is not limited to, awarding competition trophies, votes, likes and reading list entries. Failure to comply with any of these requirements may lead to some, or all, of your deepundergroundpoetry.com accounts being terminated.

This is in addition to what was already in the Terms regarding this matter:

You may not create multiple accounts with overlapping uses or in order to evade the temporary or permanent suspension of a separate account.

The main issue raised was the lack of transparency with regards to users operating under multiple different accounts. From my perspective, this policy update is of particular importance for new members, who may not know who is who.

Any user who wishes to maintain multiple user accounts (for any reason) should now adhere to the policy outlined above. Both their profile and forum signature should say something very similar to this:

I also use this website on the following accounts (usernames): example_username1 and example_username2.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

Thank you! Those of us who are ( and have been ) transparent, and actually use the accounts for writing aren't the issue. Its those who aren't transparent and use multiples to bully and harass.

We appreciate the Amnesty. 📝

aka Agentstarling & Ex-Machina

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Thank you WM  for the update.

Just the one account for me (this one)  

P.s.  I don't think it is so much of an issue if there are members with older accounts that are now idle/inactive...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Anyone who would like to publicly introduce themselves in the Speakeasy Thread as an added admission, please feel free:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/9544/

poet Anonymous

I have this acct & ``Devil-lyn``

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poets/Devil-lyn/  

I only opened Devil-lyn as a means
to add additional RL`s (reading lists).
I had posed this to Hades a while back
about maybe perhaps members being
able to Archive poems from their RL`s
to make room for future RL`s.

I hope one day that can be possible.

DarkEnchantress
Dangerous Mind
7awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 391

Here, Deep in the Underground, I have but ONE account!  WebMiss...thank you for listening to ALL the concerns, and for your time spent in revising, re-clarifying, and re-posting these regulations. Gratefully appreciated!

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

I've changed my profile and forum signature to reflect the updated user-terms. I can't see my forum signature though, or anyone's. could be a mobile thing  

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

May I add, wherever I go to post my poetry, it is always under the same name (my real name, albeit my second name) you will not find my writing under any other name, unless it has been plagiarised.

Just saying.

SatansSperm
Dangerous Mind
13awards
Joined 19th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 3112

I opened an account theotherguy when I locked myself out of my own...I will transfer the poems & close the account :D

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Next time ( if there is one, or for anyone else reading ), shoot us a message. We can resolve that.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1374

what if we have usernames that are old and no longer in use? i have an old account that i deactivated because people in my real life found it and i came here to hide. ha! i don't plan to ever have both accounts active at once.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

DaisyGrace said:what if we have usernames that are old and no longer in use? i have an old account that i deactivated because people in my real life found it and i came here to hide. ha! i don't plan to ever have both accounts active at once.

You're fine.

We're referring to active accounts. If you reactivate it let us know.

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

DaisyGrace said:what if we have usernames that are old and no longer in use? i have an old account that i deactivated because people in my real life found it and i came here to hide. ha! i don't plan to ever have both accounts active at once.

I can set accounts to a more permanent deletion status if people so desire. I would need to be contacted via email from the email address on the deactivated account.

Go to page:
Go to: