Page:

Were You 2nd or 3rd In A Competition - Who Knows?

poet Anonymous

Second or third? That is the question. And the answer is...wait for it - neither, because you are a runner up. Deep underground poetry refuses to recognise the correct order of merit here. Ok, it's only a small point & not exactly life or death but for the person hosting a competition, surely it is nice for him/her to be able to show the entrants the correct order in which they chose their runners up.

Or is it just me?

seekingkate
kateA
Tyrant of Words
Australia 28awards
Joined 20th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2079

I've noticed in other comps the host has made a comment when announcing the winner/s stating who has won and in what place. Maybe this is something all hosts can do when announcing the winners if there are more than two.

poet Anonymous

I would prefer it if deep underground could get their act together though & allow the host to determine the 2nd & third placings for themselves, rather than this weird random way DUP have of organising runner up spots. It did spoil my 1st competition experience somewhat when I saw that who I chose as runners up, did not fit the order I placed them in on the actual podium illustration. Thank you for your interest in this discussion, Kate.

seekingkate
kateA
Tyrant of Words
Australia 28awards
Joined 20th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2079

i see what you mean.  You need to direct your 'question' to the Webmistress as she is the one who writes the program and would be best able to give you an answer.

poet Anonymous

There was nothing she could do Kate as I asked her already, lol. This forum is my way of putting some pressure on the webmistress to move towards a solution on this issue.

And with the help of member support, I may be able to push this one through.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16209

LONDON-POETS said:There was nothing she could do Kate as I asked her already, lol. This forum is my way of putting some pressure on the webmistress to move towards a solution on this issue.
And with the help of member support, I may be able to push this one through.

Interesting to note that you have already asked and was informed that nothing could be done. Anyway,I have done a lot of competition here since I joined but this have never bothered me, as I look at it anti clockwise...3rd 2nd and 1st to the top.

poet Anonymous

Thank you Grace but even that's not right though is it, as sometimes DUP does arrange the 2nd & 3rd spots correctly as the host intended. I just don't like the randomness of these placings. I feel like DUP is taking the decision away from its members.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16209

LONDON-POETS said:Thank you Grace but even that's not right though is it, as sometimes DUP does arrange the 2nd & 3rd spots correctly as the host intended. I just don't like the randomness of these placings. I feel like DUP is taking the decision away from its members.

I wonder about that randomness. Mine goes like that, just checked my latest comp. I am sure taking away decisions from members was not the purpose at all.

Page:
Go to: