Go to page:

librarians librarians librarians

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

I just scored pretty good at the library used book sale--got 5 books and a CD for $4.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

Ours is next week! Can't wait!

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Ahavati said:Ours is next week! Can't wait!

Library book sales, are my "crack" ... lol  

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

MadameLavender said:

Library book sales, are my "crack" ... lol  

It's apparent we need a group therapy program... or a Super Librarian reality tv show, where the celebrity host librarian (perhaps a nigella lawson look-alike for the gents and Conan the Librarian for the ladies) kicks down the front door to your home, then belittles you in front of the camera crew and your screaming family, whilst emptying your bookshelves into boxes, criticising you for your shit taste in books, cutting up every single card in your wallet/purse except your library card, screaming at you to stop wasting your money, then drags your sorry ass down to the local library to borrow over a dozen bestselling and obscure books in some literary lifestyle financial makeover... yeah.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6672

Perhaps an alternative show, with less screaming and belittling? There is already enough of that I the world thank you. We can keep Nigella and Conan though, Nigella-ist can say lots of sibilance while Conan swings about an oversized fountain pen and flexes.
The duo do makeovers for unsuspecting targets, I mean participants, by creating a mini library in their own home. All for worthy people mind you, cue the sob stories and tales of under privilege and bibliophile aspirations. Conveniently funded by over-eager writers and poets whose wares now adorn the shelves of the victims, I mean participants. Add in snippets of popular pop songs and/ or brass band covers and/ or transition music, during sped up playbacks, and lovable rogue helpers/assistants and boom winning formula.

Call me old fashioned, call me Dr Livingstone, but tv and entertainment is best when promoting joy and positivity, not belittling and arguing over ridiculous overplayed things.

If a stranger comes up to you in the street and offers you a book, by all means take it. Its cool to do books; knowledge is power and sex appeal.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

case28 said:

It's apparent we need a group therapy program... or a Super Librarian reality tv show, where the celebrity host librarian (perhaps a nigella lawson look-alike for the gents and Conan the Librarian for the ladies) kicks down the front door to your home, then belittles you in front of the camera crew and your screaming family, whilst emptying your bookshelves into boxes, criticising you for your shit taste in books, cutting up every single card in your wallet/purse except your library card, screaming at you to stop wasting your money, then drags your sorry ass down to the local library to borrow over a dozen bestselling and obscure books in some literary lifestyle financial makeover... yeah.

Sounds like a Monty Python skit....

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Viddax said:Perhaps an alternative show, with less screaming and belittling? There is already enough of that I the world thank you. We can keep Nigella and Conan though, Nigella-ist can say lots of sibilance while Conan swings about an oversized fountain pen and flexes.
The duo do makeovers for unsuspecting targets, I mean participants, by creating a mini library in their own home. All for worthy people mind you, cue the sob stories and tales of under privilege and bibliophile aspirations. Conveniently funded by over-eager writers and poets whose wares now adorn the shelves of the victims, I mean participants. Add in snippets of popular pop songs and/ or brass band covers and/ or transition music, during sped up playbacks, and lovable rogue helpers/assistants and boom winning formula.

Call me old fashioned, call me Dr Livingstone, but tv and entertainment is best when promoting joy and positivity, not belittling and arguing over ridiculous overplayed things.

If a stranger comes up to you in the street and offers you a book, by all means take it. Its cool to do books; knowledge is power and sex appeal.

Sounds like Queer Eye for a Straight Guy...

Go to page:
Go to: