Go to page:

Official DUP NAPOWRIMO (National Poetry Writing Month)

Poem-Worm
Poetry Worm
Thought Provoker
Joined 1st Nov 2016
Forum Posts: 346

April is National Poetry Month and DUP is participating in NAPOWRIMO! We are linked to the National Site, so we hope you'll join us! EVERYONE who completes the challenge receives a Special Trophy designed by the Mistress of the Underworld!

Take advantage of this opportunity to hone your craft through dedication and discipline. T-minus three days and counting! It's only for thirty days! You can do it!

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/9560/#388396

Poem-Worm
Poetry Worm
Thought Provoker
Joined 1st Nov 2016
Forum Posts: 346

Now - as promised - a sneak preview of the specially designed DU Glory Trophy, designed by Mistress of the Underground, for each participant who completes the challenge!

T-MINUS TWO DAYS!

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/9560/15/

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14587

Less than 48 hours to go and...

http://i.imgur.com/ZS9i3Be.jpg

..... it's on, DUpers.

Spelling Bee-yotches and Grammar Nazis need not apply.

We're just going to have fun exercising our minds and cranking out raw poetry ( to be edited and revised to your heart's content at a later date or simultaneously on your personal poetry pages ).

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:Less than 48 hours to go and...

http://i.imgur.com/ZS9i3Be.jpg

..... it's on, DUpers.

Spelling Bee-yotches and Grammar Nazis need not apply.

We're just going to have fun exercising our minds and cranking out raw poetry ( to be edited and revised to your heart's content at a later date or simultaneously on your personal poetry pages ).

It's almost time. Maybe it is April 1st somewhere in the world. I don't know.

This is a final refresher regarding the the most critical of rules.

Your entries must be Titled and aside from the Title, must contain a minimum of 50 different words.

Abandon all notions of skating through this 30 Day Challenge with Haikus and Limericks or simply repeating the same words again and again like lyrical choruses just to satisfy the word count.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

There's only a few hours left to enter this challenge! We're out of the gate with 22 horses so far! And it's not too late for you to round that corner and catch up!

The USA, Mexico, Canada, Central & South America has until midnight tonight to hit the track running to be eligible tor that specially designed trophy!

Thirty days of words, fun, tears, aggravation, joy, commaderie, encouragement, faith, frustration, and most importantly, belief and support that together we can make it.

No Poet left behind!!

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/9560/

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

T-minus 28 days and counting! Congratulations to everyone who made it to day three! We have 23 participants left who are eligible for the trophy! Please support your peers throughout this challenge!

Ahavati
JohnnyBlaze
mel44
RevolutionAl
Earth_Child
Jade-Pandora
Hepcat61
LobodeSanPedro
MadameLavender
DaisyGrace
Viddax
Whale
FromtheAsh
Magnetron
MaryWalker
PsychoticMastermind
Anarchitect
Josh
The_Silly_Sibyl
SatansSperm
Crimsin_Unveiling
David_MacLeod
Poetikmind

We want to remind everyone who isn't a registered participant to know they are more than welcome to join us. While you won't be eligible for the trophy, you will reap the fun and support of participating!

OxyMoronicMe
G.L.
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 24awards
Joined 15th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 1470

Aww, I missed this comp. 😭😭😭😭

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

OxyMoronicMe said:Aww, I missed this comp. 😭😭😭😭

Please feel free to join us anyway. You may not win the trophy, but you'll hone your your skill and discipline yourself to write every day.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

T-minus 27 days and counting! Congratulations to everyone who made it to day four! We have 22 participants remaining who are eligible for the trophy:

Ahavati
JohnnyBlaze
mel44
RevolutionAl
Earth_Child
Jade-Pandora
Hepcat61
LobodeSanPedro
MadameLavender
DaisyGrace
Viddax
Whale
FromtheAsh
Magnetron
MaryWalker
PsychoticMastermind
Anarchitect
Josh
The_Silly_Sibyl
SatansSperm
Crimsin_Unveiling
David_MacLeod

We want to remind everyone who isn't a registered participant to know they are more than welcome to join us. While you won't be eligible for the trophy, you will reap the fun and support of participating!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

T-minus 26 days and counting! Congratulations to everyone who made it to day five! We're holding strong at 22 participants who are eligible for the trophy:

Ahavati
JohnnyBlaze
mel44
RevolutionAl
Earth_Child
Jade-Pandora
Hepcat61
LobodeSanPedro
MadameLavender
DaisyGrace
Viddax
Whale
FromtheAsh
Magnetron
MaryWalker
PsychoticMastermind
Anarchitect
Josh
The_Silly_Sibyl
SatansSperm
Crimsin_Unveiling
David_MacLeod

We want to remind everyone who isn't a registered participant that you are more than welcome to join us. While you won't be eligible for the trophy, you will reap the fun and support of participating!

So jump in!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

!!! ATTENTION !!! ATTENTION !!! ATTENTION !!! ATTENTION !!! ATTENTION !!!

In the interest of reducing the stress of our participants and seeing them cross the finish line, we want you to consider a new approach.

Write down your ideas in the form of unfinished poems as they come to you. Create a bank of these unfinished poems. Work on finishing one or more of these poems every day.

Since you only post one finished poem a day, you would likely end up with a bank of finished poems.

On the days Life is not cooperating and it is unlikely you will be permitted to do any writing at all, make a withdrawal from your bank.

Yes, some of you may bank up so many finished poems that you wouldn't have to write anything new at all during the final week of April.

However, some poems seem to write themselves while we struggle with others.  So, you merely have to hold onto the poems you are struggling with longer. This will provide you with more time each day to work on them. Make these your entries in the final week.

If you are working on new poems "almost every day" of April and end up posting one finished poem each day of April, you are still in the Spirit of NaPoWriMo as far as we are concerned.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Not attempting to detract from Johnny wanting attention up there....but...

T-minus 25 days and counting!!!!!! Congratulations to everyone who made it to day 6! We're holding strong at 22 participants who are eligible for the trophy:

Ahavati
JohnnyBlaze
mel44
RevolutionAl
Earth_Child
Jade-Pandora
Hepcat61
LobodeSanPedro
MadameLavender
DaisyGrace
Viddax
Whale
FromtheAsh
Magnetron
MaryWalker
PsychoticMastermind
Anarchitect
Josh
The_Silly_Sibyl
SatansSperm
Crimsin_Unveiling
David_MacLeod

We want to remind everyone who isn't a registered participant that you are more than welcome to join us. While you won't be eligible for the trophy, you will reap the fun and support of participating!

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5599

Just a heads up, that I may have an issue on the 21st--will do my best to post a poem, but I'll be helping my daughter relocate/move, and I have no idea when I'll be back home that day.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

MadameLavender said:Just a heads up, that I may have an issue on the 21st--will do my best to post a poem, but I'll be helping my daughter relocate/move, and I have no idea when I'll be back home that day.

Post two entries the following day and say Ten Hail Mary's.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Welcome to Day 7! T-minus 24 days and counting! Congratulations to everyone who made it to the first marker! We're 1/4 the way home holding at 22 participants who are eligible for the trophy:

Ahavati
JohnnyBlaze
mel44
RevolutionAl
Earth_Child
Jade-Pandora
Hepcat61
LobodeSanPedro
MadameLavender
DaisyGrace
Viddax
Whale
FromtheAsh
Magnetron
MaryWalker
PsychoticMastermind
Anarchitect
Josh
The_Silly_Sibyl
SatansSperm
Crimsin_Unveiling
David_MacLeod

We want to remind everyone who isn't a registered participant that you are more than welcome to hop in with us!  While you won't be eligible for the trophy, you will reap the fun and support of participating!

Go to page:
Go to: