Go to page:

How long does it take to write your poem?

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16075

I write some in a few minutes and others in days...depends on the mood at the moment, I suppose. And of the course the subject being written.

Leo_Sunset
Twisted Dreamer
Canada 1awards
Joined 18th Jan 2017
Forum Posts: 43

Some are finished in a matter of minutes in one take and some take days

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

minutes .... to days ... greatest euphoria in the ones that came quickly, there's a zone I morph into thats compelling

FreeYourSpirit_
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 22nd Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 4

As long as it should ; I like to let my creativity control the direction of my mind , and how long my pieces are rather than trying to force anything good onto a piece of paper

brenbernedo
Strange Creature
Joined 2nd Apr 2017
Forum Posts: 3

well i write when i cant think. it takes me a couple of minutes.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14281

LobodeSanPedro said:minutes .... to days ... greatest euphoria in the ones that came quickly, there's a zone I morph into thats compelling

^ Echo!

Miss-tixie
Strange Creature
New Zealand
Joined 31st May 2017
Forum Posts: 3

Varies from minutes to days.. mostly minutes maybe because I'm just an amateur still trying to find my rhythm point.

Duende
Dangerous Mind
Netherlands 9awards
Joined 24th July 2016
Forum Posts: 38

I'm pleasantly surprised to see similar stories... when I started writing I wrote one, sometimes two poems a day. Now it takes me a few days to a few weeks. There are poems that are written in a morning, but those are exeptions.

PoetryOnPurpose
Twisted Dreamer
United States 2awards
Joined 31st May 2017
Forum Posts: 13

It may take a few minutes to several months.

Zach_of_all_trades
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 17th Apr 2017
Forum Posts: 14

Mine usually don't take long. Only a few have taken a day or two to refine. Most of mine take minutes. Once the inspiration is tapped it flows quickly. I think my slight ADD probably precludes me from spending too much time on one thing. There is something to be said for those that spend significant time in perfecting their craft.

OxyMoronicMe
G.L.
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 24awards
Joined 15th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 1470

really depends. I could write very fast. what takes me so long is the editing. :D

poet Anonymous

Most are written within minutes, I get an idea in my head of a metaphor or something like that, and then it pours.   Sometimes it takes me a while to find the right words, I can sleep on them and try to find the right words. If I can't find them I usually forget about it, and never finish.

archetype23
Tyrant of Words
United States 7awards
Joined 5th Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 3672

Every poem takes as long as it takes. Minutes, years, lifetimes, I mean, hell, how long does it take to fuck, and how long does it take to fall in love?

HaiItsMo
Mo
Twisted Dreamer
United States 2awards
Joined 3rd May 2016
Forum Posts: 33

It honestly depends as to what I'm writing and what it is about. Sometimes it  takes 30 minutes sometimes it takes up to 2 or 3 days.

Go to page:
Go to: