Go to page:

What inspires you

poet Anonymous

Hi im DarkSun82

i was wondering what inspires people to do poetry or to create things.
I have all ways been interested in people and their behaviours and what they are thinking about so yeah.  

Durdinah
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 12th Dec 2016
Forum Posts: 3

There are a lot of things that inspire me.  There is one thing or overall thing that collectively comes together for me inspiring and pushing.  That is being misunderstood.
 There is a sense of wanting to express myself this way because it feels like it may be one of the few ways I can make people understand me and also that it lowers my sense of hurt that comes from being misunderstood.

poet Anonymous

Yeah i feel misundersrstood to most of the time.

MsRockyJackson
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 1st July 2014
Forum Posts: 318

There's a number of things that can inspire me to write whether if it's a story about a person, nature, something taboo, something sad, walking through somewhere and I see something beautiful etc. but the most part music inspires me to write and it's what fuels my creative energy.
I always use music whenever I get stuck to help me keep going.

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 433

Everything!

tmoj
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 2nd Nov 2016
Forum Posts: 57

What inspires my poetry is my feelings that I need to get out. People don't treat me the best way sometimes and it hurts. And every now and then those moments come back to bring me down and remind me of how im not liked by some or most (though some who treat me bad treat me better after a while. It still hurts since the way they treat me the first time is their true feelings.) I don't want them to think I feel upset all the time like I seem to be in my poems, I just want them to know that I'm human too and I have feelings and how much the things they did affected me. I try to get over it but someone always gives me a reason to feel down again. I don't know if I ever will. I'm just trying to ignore people but that's hard too since I'm sensitive which I try not to be.
Other than that, it's about my thoughts and love

poet Anonymous

Waking up. Breathing. Thinking. Loving. Absence. Fondness. Distance. Closeness.

Sometimes it's the morning tea, my everyday shower, the leaves that litter the path as I walk through the park.

Sometimes it's a person, my cats that sleep 8 hours a day, the way the curtain hangs in the half-light.

Sometimes it's learning to love things you see in your sleep, and bringing them to life.

Sometimes it's raising the dead.

Peregrination
Strange Creature
Joined 25th Dec 2016

Staring silently at the glowing hearth as the sky drips outside.

poet Anonymous

Beautiful darkness and a diagnosis

Peregrine
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 31st Dec 2016

Love of language and literature; feelings I can't release any other way,

SatansSperm
Dangerous Mind
13awards
Joined 19th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 3112

Life & the voices...

kit_kat
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 8th Jan 2017

Honestly, all the bad things I have been through inspired me to wrote poetry. Writing poetry not only makes me feel better but it makes it to the one I dont do anything stupid. Poetry is the only thing that has helped me get this far in life.

poet Anonymous

Thanks for your reply and I do write poems to make me feel better to i normally write about stuff  what happens in my life to deal with it or just the process it.

poet Anonymous

I love your reply thank you for sharing it with me

SyPoetry
Lost Thinker
South Africa
Joined 12th Jan 2017
Forum Posts: 2

im inspired by mind travel, i spent about 15 years exploring my mind and its habits.
my penial gland is very active so i experience alot of weird things.
the only way for me to capture them is using poetry which i also discoverd through mind travel.

namaste

Go to page:
Go to: