Page:

DUP Facebook Feature Poet of the Week - REVOLUTIONAL!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14554

Congratulations to RevolutionAl for being selected DUP's Facebook Featured Poet of the Week! Visit our facebook page and discover why he recommends Deep Underground Poetry!

https://www.facebook.com/DUpoetry/photos/a.10154508509648665.1073741826.148635498664/10154573658108665/?type=3&theater

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

Thank you ever so much for this, it is wonderfully liberating that, you have taken the time to get to know little old me.
You are ROCKSTARS!

Gahddess_Worship
Osomajestuoso
Tyrant of Words
United States 37awards
Joined 21st Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 816

Al, I enjoy getting to know you through your poetry. Thank you for sharing your exceptional talent with the world. I look forward to delving more deeply into your work. Congratulations!

poet Anonymous

Having known you for the best part of five years, I can honestly say my DU experience wouldn't have been the same without having known you. Thanks for making me laugh like a goodun, and making me emotional with your poetry. Most of all, being an awesome human being.

Congratulations!

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 2629

Congratulations AL you're a great poet i'm so happy for you

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

Miss_Sub said:Having known you for the best part of five years, I can honestly say my DU experience wouldn't have been the same without having known you. Thanks for making me laugh like a goodun, and making me emotional with your poetry. Most of all, being an awesome human being.

Congratulations!

Eish! Your check is the mail...
Yeah just like that!

crimsin said:Congratulations AL you're a great poet i'm so happy for you

Yeah yeah, yours too!

;)

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2447

Congrats

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Dear dear Al, oh how wonderful that this has come to you.  You're such a giving man, and kindhearted!  I hope you won't think me weird to admit this, but it's been almost a year since I first came to this site, and for months I steered clear of you because your clown avatar unnerved me!😳  But once I started to follow you I was glad that I'd pushed my way past the evil clown impression.  And here I am, proud to congratulate you for the feature!

with my support & respect,
always
Jade xo

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

Gahddess_Worship said:Al, I enjoy getting to know you through your poetry. Thank you for sharing your exceptional talent with the world. I look forward to delving more deeply into your work. Congratulations!

Ya' know I'm totally surprised at and extremely grateful for (The response to this) I had no idea really that this would bring "new readers!" yaaay! Friends and such a great opportunity to catch up... It's been quite overwhelming really. I an so so grateful for your words of kindness Ghaddess Worship! It's really kind of you!

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

mysteriouslady said:Congrats

Thank you

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

Jade-Pandora said:Dear dear Al, oh how wonderful that this has come to you.  You're such a giving man, and kindhearted!  I hope you won't think me weird to admit this, but it's been almost a year since I first came to this site, and for months I steered clear of you because your clown avatar unnerved me!😳  But once I started to follow you I was glad that I'd pushed my way past the evil clown impression.  And here I am, proud to congratulate you for the feature!

with my support & respect,
always
Jade xo

Hey my Jade

Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts love. You are stellar you know that!

Yeah me ole face... Interesting story really... Right in the beginning of my wtiting career at DUP, I was writing as AliP. I wrote a piece called "Vegas Tears", pretty much described me and who I am based on the clown metaphor, anyway that picture was the image with the poem. I used it as an avatar from then, it hides my depression well, You know "when your body lives a perfect life, but your mind wants to die".

You're not alone in being scared of that face, but good on you for recognizing judgement and prejudice when it's aimed purely at what a picture looks like. Yeah you're right maybe it is time for an upgrade.

Thank you for being here, you are special.

Blue Skies @ you

Al-x-

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

Congrats, Al !

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards