Go to page:

Favorite music, bands, etc.

Hepcat61
geoff cat
Dangerous Mind
United States 33awards
Joined 27th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1028

wow... ok... bach, mozart, beethoven, schubert, gershwin, johnson, dorsey, miller,  porter, berlin, parker, getz, beatles doors, csny (all permutations) airplane, stones, who, hendrix, zepplin, black sabbath, acdc, b-52s, rem, smiths, costello, inxs, joy division, radio head, depeche mode, ratm, nin, social distortion, rancid, beastie boys, run dmc, nwa, tupac, digital underground, (god help me) train, muse, imagine dragons, arctic monkeys, ... yes, that's what's in my head... this afternoon...

Intepta
Lost Thinker
Germany
Joined 18th Mar 2016
Forum Posts: 6

Genres: Heavy Metal, Power Metal, Hard Rock, Progressive Rock, Reggae Rock, Psytrance and much more

Bands: Sabaton, The Police, Guns n Roses, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, ASP, Dire Straits, Queen, The Prodigy, Alestorm, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dio, Status Quo, Hendrix, Civil War, Wishbone Ash,..

There's lots of great music.

Jack_C
Twisted Dreamer
Canada
Joined 26th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 30

When I'm in a writing place (which is roughly 50 hours a day), I like heavy metal for mood, and horror rap for words. Most recently I am on a Tech N9ne spree, but I am a completely unapologetic Juggalo.

uniqueshaky
Thought Provoker
Wales 2awards
Joined 24th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 196

My music taste is so widely spread, I can't list it all - but the majority of music I listen to is some form of rock/metal.

By far, my number one band is Killswitch Engage (my opinion: Jesse Leach is one of the greatest lyricists to ever live; and a major influence to me) but after that? The list is endless.

Here is a list of some of the music I listen to though:

Killswitch Engage, Times of Grace, Trivium, Breaking Benjamin, All That Remains, Korn, Disturbed, Paramore, Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Twenty One Pilots, Bullet For My Valentine, Papa Roach, Seether, Within Temptation, Beartooth, Blood Stain Child, Fightstar, A Day To Remember, Bring Me The Horizon, Bury Tomorrow.

russiamagda
Twisted Dreamer
United States 4awards
Joined 20th Mar 2016
Forum Posts: 83

I used to listen to a ton of emo in 2011-2013, but I've moved to more indie and lofi. I still listen to emo, but actual emo music, and not the more pseudo kind like Bring me the Horizon or Sleeping with Sirens. I like Juliana Hatfield (Also Blaks Babies, which she was in), Liz Phair, The Promise Ring, Tiger Trap, Beekeeper, Jen Wood, Dar Williams, etc.

Pho3nix19xx
Thought Provoker
Canada 1awards
Joined 15th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 66

I'll listen to everything but my favorite is urban/hip-hop/rap and my favorite artist is MGK Machine Gun Kelly

dejure
vick
Dangerous Mind
29awards
Joined 17th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 2879

placebo
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 4th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 18

really into funk & soul lately like Lee Dorsey and Rufus Thomas.

my constant favorites are Depeche Mode, Placebo, The Smiths, Nirvana, Kanye West, The Killers, Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, Vampire Weekend.

pretty much into everything, even country.

hammind
sarahjean
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 17th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2

I love Say Anything they are probably my favorite band. Max Bemis (lead singer/lyricist) is so funny and witty and i can relate to him...he has a lot f emotional problems that he turns into quirky pop punk music ,I love him so much and some of his songs are so powerful/weird they make me cry. Idk I've got weird taste.

"Hate everyone", "slowly through a vector" and "every man has a Molly" are the best songs

OxyMoronicMe
G.L.
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 24awards
Joined 15th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 1470

You might find me weird, but the music and song I like most, are the ones I couldnt understand the lyrics of. To just enjoy the voice, and the melody without understanding the meaning of the lyrics.

Northern1
Fire of Insight
Iceland
Joined 15th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 223

i love music and have many favorites, but biggest influences would be The Beatles, Badfinger, Blue Oyster Cult and 10cc.

Northern1
Fire of Insight
Iceland
Joined 15th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 223

OxyMoronicMe said:You might find me weird, but the music and song I like most, are the ones I couldnt understand the lyrics of. To just enjoy the voice, and the melody without understanding the meaning of the lyrics.

i don't think it's weird at all and i agree.  Those are some of my favorites too, it allows me to just focus on the melody,
the mood of the voice, the atmosphere and when on YouTube, the imagery.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS-GNawg-48

Nicolassy
Lost Thinker
Joined 23rd Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 27

I enjoy bands such as: Full of Hell, Garbage, Weekend Nachos, Vitas, Code Orange(Kids), Nirvana, Savage Garden, Have Heart and some Kendrick Lamar. It's a healthy mix IMO.

CritolColee
Strange Creature
Joined 24th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 3

PBR&B :)

mommakoko
Strange Creature
Joined 24th June 2016
Forum Posts: 3

Hiatus Kaiyote really excited to see them august
Phish | Tom Waits | Elephant Revival
The Dead / Warlocks | Umphreys Mcgee
Nahko and Medicine for the People
Peter Gabriel | Orchestra Baobab | Ian Anderson
Jimi Hendrix | King Crimson | Pink Floyd
Alice in Chains | Children of Bodom | Marilyn Manson
PrototypeD said:Wu-Tang Clan must be on this list!
100% agreed

Go to page:
Go to: