Introduce yourself....

olablinks
Ola
Twisted Dreamer
Nigeria 1awards
Joined 16th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 20

Hi, I'm Ola.
My name means wealth but where I'm from makes the name look like a joke. Things ain't so rosy but writing is my escape.
I live, I laugh, I love

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14587

olablinks said:Hi, I'm Ola.
My name means wealth but where I'm from makes the name look like a joke. Things ain't so rosy but writing is my escape.
I live, I laugh, I love

Highly recommended ^

coyote
blue coyote
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 25th May 2017
Forum Posts: 12

Hello, requisite newbie post incoming.  I am not a professional writer, just a musician working on writing better lyrics.  I occasionally write poetry or prose for its own sake.  Mostly, I'm hoping that joining a friendly community will prod me into more daily effort.  Nice to meet you all.

AJ_09
Strange Creature
Joined 14th May 2017
Forum Posts: 2

Hello,
I'm AJ. I do written and spoken word poetry, I write songs and I'm looking to enhance the quality of my writing and explore different styles.

Nolly_FB
Nolly
Lost Thinker
Joined 27th May 2015
Forum Posts: 20

My name means "requested" (or "asked for") and all this time I've felt like I've always been available to everyone else but myself. I am not my own but I am all I've got.
Otherwise, I'm just Nolly here pleased to meet you.

ocean_wrecked
Strange Creature
Joined 28th May 2017
Forum Posts: 1

someone suggested this place to vent with my poems. i'm hoping for the best experience.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16193

Welcome to DU. Please enjoy your stay and your interactions with the community here. I am sure you will have an unforgettable experience.

hypechrist
Austin Frimps
Strange Creature
Ghana
Joined 29th May 2017

With the simple knowledge and wisdom given unto us from Above, we make a bold step of love to heal our individual woes and our world altogether...catch the fire of the Christian.

AJ_EXISTS
Strange Creature
Joined 29th May 2017
Forum Posts: 1

Hi People, My nick Name is AJ_Exists . I am a spoken word poet that enjoys expressing my everday life through my lyrics. Thankyou

Ghost223
The Midnight Poet
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 9th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 9

My name is Tryston and I like Edgar Allen Poe....Uhm...I wanna meet new people...And I really want people to like my writing style...

PoetryOnPurpose
Twisted Dreamer
United States 2awards
Joined 31st May 2017
Forum Posts: 13

Hey my poetic sisters and brothers. I am here as poetry on purpose. I have been looking for a poetry home and I believe that I have found it. Thanks for having me.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16193

Welcome to DU everyone. Post your poems here and enjoy the work of other writers. Read and comment, join in the competitions. :)

Idontknow123
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 2nd June 2017

Not much to tell, I like reading, writing, gaming, and socializing

Miss-tixie
Strange Creature
New Zealand
Joined 31st May 2017
Forum Posts: 3

Just dropped by to say hi looking forward to reading your all works, and maybe drop a few lines here and there.. Kia ora.

poet Anonymous

Fruitbat said:My name is Fruitbat.  

I enjoy poetry. I enjoy reading them but most of all I enjoy sitting in front of a blank page and the words flow into a poem.  Words are so powerful.  Anyway, not sure if they are any good but I enjoy at least trying to express myself!    

completely agree to always try
had i not tried to express myself
in the way i do
hope would truly be lost
madness would have me
& a tired light gone
so just as i did in secret
i do again
yet further in
& likely further still
ahh yep!

Go to page: