Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

Cipher_O said:

Yes...

That account is mine...

Thank you. You're more than welcome to use both accounts, you just need to disclose it on your signature and profile to make sure you ( and thusly, us ) are in compliance with the site and challenge rules.

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 704

cabcool said:
Thank you for a detailed and helpful set of guidelines on the word count options, issues, and solutions, PR. Generally, I use 2 or 3 counters at he start and eliminate the least necessry one as soon as I figure it out (usually the one falling at midpoint). Now, when I stick to the 2 options I prefer, I compare the outcomes, usually feeling safer to abide by the one that gives the LOWER count. That way, I will keep a safer margin for the minimum, rather than thinking I have made the mark and then proven to have fallen short.

An important reminder, for especially newer participants, is that a poem has no upper limit for unique words; one may always exceed 50, but cannot safely fall short. I state that, because I've seen many a post with the exact 50 UWC - and if there is an error on the lean side, the count suffers.

Of course, that could be a special strategy and personal challenge, if a participant wanted to write 30 poems, each having an exact 50 UWC; I did it one year.

You're welcome, guys, Eerie, Josh, Cabcool, the wheelhouse was spilling out tools so I'm glad they can be a help!

And also, Cabcool, thanks for mentioning that there is no unique word maximum, only a minimum.  That seems to have been a point in the past and I forgot to mention it as a tip to remember..

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

*****REGISTSTRATION IS OFFICALLY CLOSED*****

This Thread will be renamed the 2023 Discussion Thread. All discussion pertaining to the 2023 Challenge is to be posted in this thread.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Good morning, NaPoets! Looks like we've got a bit of drama on our hands, so until we get that sorted, I'll be posting the storyline by Cipher.  

Klash of the Poets

In the beginning there were the stars. Pure. Like ink awaiting revelation. Like harmonies awaiting alignments...

Episode 1

The grey smoke of the oracle rose into a vibrant blue sky, in billowing segments, seeking self discovery,dematerializing into a crystalline clarity that vibrated.

“Acrisius, King of Argos, your daughter, Danae, will give birth to a son who will be the cause of your destruction and demise.” The booming voice of the oracle said.

King Acrisius paced in circles, engaged in a dread induced cold sweat.

“I must hide Danae away… She must never give birth to a son.”

“How will you prevent this, my king?” Asked one of the king’s advisers.

“I shall place her in the tower, where no man can get to her.” The king replied.

~

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1664

... the drama begins ... what will the poets do?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:... the drama begins ... what will the poets do?

Just choked on my tea! right! write onward!

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1112

Woohooo! And we're off! 😃

I have a question. Can a poem that is written for NaPo also be submitted in another comp during the month of April? I did scan through the rules... apologies if it's there and I missed it. 😬

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

brokentitanium said:Woohooo! And we're off! 😃

I have a question. Can a poem that is written for NaPo also be submitted in another comp during the month of April? I did scan through the rules... apologies if it's there and I missed it. 😬

Yes ma'am!

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1112

Ahavati said:

Yes ma'am!

Super, thanks! I thought so, but the question came up so I thought I should check with someone more knowledgeable than myself.  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

brokentitanium said:

Super, thanks! I thought so, but the question came up so I thought I should check with someone more knowledgeable than myself.  

You're welcome. We can clarify in the 2024 guidelines.

Cipher_O
WarlordoftheWrittenWord
Tyrant of Words
United States 19awards
Joined 7th Mar 2021
Forum Posts: 250

Damn near walked out on this project, I do admit...

Things happen sometimes...

I will, however, be posting the remaining episodes of this story...

This story...

It is...

Clash of the Titans in Parallel Universe: DeepUnderground.

[Personally, I believe in parallel universes]...

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1664

Cipher_O said:Damn near walked out on this project, I do admit...

Things happen sometimes...

I will, however, be posting the remaining episodes of this story...

This story...

It is...

Clash of the Titans in Parallel Universe: DeepUnderground.

[Personally, I believe in parallel universes]...

... and like railway tracks, they meet in the distance

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

This s the final enrollment roster. It will be posted each day beginning tomorrow and will reflect those who have completed the previous day's challenge. If you see a wreath, you're good to go. If you see an X - get on the ball, because after XXX you're out!

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1127

We neeeeeeed you, Cipher!

Cipher_O
WarlordoftheWrittenWord
Tyrant of Words
United States 19awards
Joined 7th Mar 2021
Forum Posts: 250

Wafflenose said:We neeeeeeed you, Cipher!

Thank you E$...

I need you too...

Go to page:
Go to: