Page:

If you had to be stuck in a horror movie...

arortiz73
MTP
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 24th Sep 2013
Forum Posts: 298

Let's assume movies are concurrent alternate realities. Consider the most memorable horror movies you've ever witnessed. Hypothetically, if you had to choose to be stuck in one of those movies for an eternity, which horror movie would that be, what role would you fill, and why?

fiveamtuesday
Thought Provoker
3awards
Joined 11th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 257

Maybe something like Funny Games or Strangers. At the very least I can have a fighting chance.

LaBrujaOscura_75
Camilla Beatriz Flores
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 4th June 2022
Forum Posts: 47

Stephen King's The Dark Tower since if you stuck in that you get a whole multiverse of realities you can explore that would keep things fresh and interesting. More than just running from the monsters like in some movies. Though admittedly, as a horror movie it did not measure up... but as a horror fantasy science fiction hybrid it was good on its' own when not comparing it to the superior book series. Here's to hoping the new TV series they planning to make of The Dark Tower turns out better.

Kou_Indigo
Kara L. Pythiana-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 68awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2784

LaBrujaOscura_75 said:Stephen King's The Dark Tower since if you stuck in that you get a whole multiverse of realities you can explore that would keep things fresh and interesting. More than just running from the monsters like in some movies. Though admittedly, as a horror movie it did not measure up... but as a horror fantasy science fiction hybrid it was good on its' own when not comparing it to the superior book series. Here's to hoping the new TV series they planning to make of The Dark Tower turns out better.

That would be an interesting choice, but for me I would prefer to be stuck within the world of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. I had always felt that if I were a movie monster, I would be a vampire for certain. To me, werewolves were always a tad too crass and a lot of people who have known me in life said that I remind them of someone who is a cross between one of Anne Rice's vampires and a character from the Highlander movies and series. I just have that kind of a vibe to me. So being a vampire in the world of the Anne Rice vampire stories would be just the thing for me.

thoughter
Alienated
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 5th Dec 2022
Forum Posts: 2

Interesting…

CrazyPrincess_Chlo
Chloe A. Harper-Ashton
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 10th Dec 2022
Forum Posts: 21

Kou_Indigo said:

That would be an interesting choice, but for me I would prefer to be stuck within the world of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. I had always felt that if I were a movie monster, I would be a vampire for certain. To me, werewolves were always a tad too crass and a lot of people who have known me in life said that I remind them of someone who is a cross between one of Anne Rice's vampires and a character from the Highlander movies and series. I just have that kind of a vibe to me. So being a vampire in the world of the Anne Rice vampire stories would be just the thing for me.

OMG! Kara, that would be just incredibly romantic for sure. I'd be your Claudia, and it would be just us with no pesky Lestat to bug us or anything... plus, we'd avoid Armand and stay the heck away from Paris given the vampires there are jerks when it comes to how mean they are to child vampires which is what I'd be. So, we'd probably either stay stateside or move to England. I think you said once that your grandfather was (in real life!) descended from a real honest to goodness, actual English noble family which is the coolest thing ever since it means you have actual noble blood. So yeah, if you were a real vampire descended from English nobility... we'd do awesome in England in Anne Rice's universe. Given that in the Anne Rice stories there's no Dracula you could fill that void and become the Anne Rice universe's actual Dracula. I'd be like a mini Lucy in that case. Not so much Mina who was a total stick in the mud in Bram Stoker's novel! They always make Mina so much cooler in the movies for some reason. But in the book Lucy was the cool one! Which is why Dracula picked her first. Oh and hey! There's no Van Helsing to worry about in Anne Rice's stories too... so we'd be the ones doing all the hunting. Oh, the possibilities!

Kou_Indigo
Kara L. Pythiana-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 68awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011

Oh, the possibilities indeed, my charmingly delightful little vampire girl! Vampire hunters are not really a big thing at all in Anne Rice's books in general. Her stories far more realistically portray vampires as being kind of so much on the fringes of society that most people don't even know they're real let alone that they might ever consider hunting them. The biggest menace was always more other vampires... such as Armand and Akasha. Most especially Akasha, who was the big bad in her storyline. If I were to compare anyone I know to Akasha, it would be Camilla Flores. You know how very, very exceptionally fond of her I am but she does kind of exude a certain "Queen of Darkness" vibe to her, which is actually something I like about her. It suited her back when I met her for the first time in 2004 and it suits her still. So, if we were living in the Anne Rice universe, Camilla would probably BE Akasha... so we'd actually have her on our side which would be considerably awesome. We just would let her do her thing and attempt world domination all by herself. That way if Akasha won, we'd already be in good with her and if she lost then we wouldn't end up going down with her. All in all, a win-win situation for us! I'm actually as you know quite the romantic sort in general my sweet.

Yes, you remembered that correctly! My grandfather's last name was Ashton... which is my actual birth family name. We are descendants of the Ashton-under-Lyne Ashtons as opposed to certain other Ashton family lines. One of my ancestors actually fought on the side of the British back during the American Revolution and going way back there were knights in my ancestry as well as a couple of people who may or may not have dabbled in dark witchcraft on the side. Which was always something of a family legend in my more immediate family. My grandmother used to tell me stories about certain towers and castles where peculiar activities were said to take place. We actually had a coat of arms that came all the way from England that we kept hung up in our house. Sadly, I no longer have it. So yes, noble blood there for sure. On my grandmother's side of the family there was way back old German nobility... but I know much less about it compared to my English heritage. All I do know is that her grandfather inherited a castle somewhere in Germany and that he wanted her to go with him to claim it. She did not, and he was not ever heard from again. Given this was at the end of the Second World War you can probably guess at his fate given that the Russians who had at the time occupied half of Germany would not have looked kindly on a man of old German noble heritage attempting to claim an ancestral holding... especially since in Communism they don't even acknowledge private property. At worst he was probably killed and at best he had to go into hiding and ended up fleeing for someplace else in Europe. My great grandmother was also rumored to have Romani blood from who knows where, in addition to her otherwise being mostly German. Yes, that means I have gypsy blood in me too! In our family, they always said that is where the biggest bulk of the occult stuff comes from. In that respect, I do my ancestors proud since I practice the occult stuff big time. Funny you should mention Dracula since I am the reincarnation of Vlad the Impaler who was the inspiration for Dracula. Though Bram Stoker based much of his Dracula character on Elizabeth Bathory also. Ironically, back when I was Vlad the Impaler I was related to the Bathory family. So... there was a connection between our houses, but it was more to do with knightly orders (the Order of the Dragon especially) and certain occult secrets that had nothing to do with vampires and everything to do with knowledge forbidden by the Church at the time. The kind of deep secret knowledge some traditions hold that Joan of Arc and Gilles de Rais also were privy to. I never liked Mina in the Dracula novel either... she bored me to tears. Lucy was far more my kind of girl! She wasn't boring, unlike the rather prim and proper Mina. I could actually see you as a miniature Lucy and I find that both adorable and incredibly sexy at the same time. Whenever I watch Dracula movies I always root for Dracula for obvious reasons! Then again, I always root for the vampires is most all vampire movies. To me, they always feel like a marginalized people that deserve more respect than they get. Van Helsing always to me came off like a bit of a bigot, writing all vampires off as evil and a menace just because he did not understand them beyond looking at them as "creature of the night". I do like how in the Van Helsing movie they made him seem like a crazed overzealous madman at times... he kills a monster in it, the monster turns back into a persona and the police find the person's body. The policeman in the beginning says it all when he yells out: "Van Helsing, you murderer!"  which makes me chuckle every time since I always kind of saw that character that way. As a bit of a lunatic in certain respects. As opposed to Harker who was always too rational for his own good, which was why the supernatural events he got mixed up in strained his sanity so much. Had things gone differently, he could well have ended up just like Renfield when you think about it. But Van Helsing made sure he wouldn't lose his mind too-too much. Lol! ;)

CrazyPrincess_Chlo
Chloe A. Harper-Ashton
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 10th Dec 2022

Yeah, Sybil told me all about your past life as the real Vlad Dracula and she heard it from Camilla originally. I always thought it was cool! I mean, so many girls think vampires are sexy and everything... and me, I'm married to the reincarnation of the person who MOST inspired the whole legend to begin with. That'd be you, Kara my one true love! To me, that's just whatever is beyond cool. Super extra mega cool for sure!!! OMG! You summed up all my thoughts about how loony and loopy Van Helsing as a character always struck me as being too. I mean, he goes around screaming "Vampires!" all the time and banging stakes through peoples' hearts and cutting off their heads (and stuffing garlic in their mouths) but at the end of the day they always find a bunch of dead people and there's no proof they were ever vampires at all. We only have his word for it! So yeah, as a character in general he's just totally nuts. Then again, he was best friends with a man who ran a lunatic asylum and who in at least one movie version was addicted to morphine. Never a good sign if that's the sort of people a person runs with! Yeah, he WAS a bigot... I mean why did he want to kill vampires? Because reasons! More like because excuses. I think he just liked killing vampires for the fun of it and was a big jerk bully deep down. Yeah Harker was kind of impressionable wasn't he? Like, ridiculously! I mean, I have the mentality of a little girl and I'm not as silly impressionable as that. Then again I'm not a dummy... Harker was at heart I think a bit of a dummy. I could see him ending up exactly like Renfield! Honestly, honey, if Van Helsing could play him for his own ends... any garden variety vampire could do the same thing. Him and Mina deserved each other! Both were amongst the worst protagonists in any novel ever. She was like... 'Oh noes! Lucy! How horrible... but hey vampires are kind of hot, aren't they? Maybe becoming one wouldn't be too bad. But what about Johnathan? Oh noes! Save me from this horrible fate.' and then Harker was like 'I've seen horrible, terrible, unspeakable things! Ghastly things. Nearly drove me mad it did. So, let me get this straight, Van Helsing! The whole reason we have to kill Dracula is to stop him from buying property in London because if he does then he'll form some kind of cult and that would be bad. Good enough for me, let's go kill him!' Yeah, that's all very sketchy reasoning going on there on everyone's part. Lucy was more like 'Yes! Vampires are sexy and I totally love being one. So kill me, why don't ya.' and Van Helsing did. Because that's just how he rolled. Back to reality for a moment... Oh wow! I never knew about all that stuff in your ancestry, that's all just crazy awesome stuff. The best part is though, unless it comes up in a conversation you don't really throw all of that around like some people would. You're kinda humble about it, actually... you're like 'Well, these are the facts of it, and let me explain a bit more.' and it's like talking about just the most normal things in the whole world for you. All part of the reasons I love you so much, babe! Yeah, wasn't Joan of Arc involved with a group that the Church said were heretics or something? And I think if I remember my history correctly Gilles de Rais was into alchemy big time and they spun it at his trial that he was into black magic just like they spun it that Joan of Arc was witch. All so they could have an excuse to kill them. Like Van Helsing... because reasons. Oh wow! That movie was so awesomely crazy, the Van Helsing one you're talking about. I saw that... and oh wow they really did play up the whole 'maybe he's actually nuts' angle to a certain degree. I mean sheesh, he even turned into a big nasty werewolf and killed his girlfriend at the end. Yeah... he's a really credible monster hunter, he is! All the reason why people actually like Geralt from the Witcher series... is he actually thinks and uses his brain before killing monsters, and sometimes he finds ways to spare them or help them. Van Helsing just likes to kill people... monsters or otherwise. Because reasons. *Giggles*

Kou_Indigo
Kara L. Pythiana-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 68awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011

Totally the reason why I prefer Geralt as a character compared to Van Helsing. Yes! He hunts monsters. But he also has compassion and thinks before he acts. In fact, he will prefer to do nothing at all rather than get roped into a situation where someone he feels is innocent might get hurt. I actually have tremendous respect for Geralt for that reason. Van Helins is just a crazy zealot who thinks he is doing God's work by killing people. That those people just happen to be vampires is beside the point. The sect that Joan of Arc was a member of was the Cathar sect. The Cathars had been an offshoot of the Gnostics, and anything Gnostic related was considered heresy by the Church back during Joan of Arc's time (and during my time when I was Vlad Dracula as well, which is why the Order of the Dragon had to keep its' Gnostic roots a secret from the Church). Gilles de Rais was also a Cathar and had quite a bit of an abiding interest in alchemy. To the Church that was double damnation! So, in Joan of Arc's case they tried to get her on charges of witchcraft and ended up burning her at the stake for her wearing men's clothing in an age when that was a big no-no for women to do. Normally, they probably wouldn't have burned her at the stake for that either, but they were just insanely intent on getting rid of her... so they kept coming up with lame excuses for wanting her dead when really it was all about them hating her because she was a Cathar. Though because the Cathar order was a secret society they could not acknowledge its' existence openly. Thus, the whole "witchcraft" excuse for putting her to death. And then the other excuse when that didn't take at her trial. The hypocrites then knew they had totally f-ed up by having killed her... so they decided to saint her after the fact. Okay then, if a person is a saint you might want to think twice before killing them! The fools. They did an even worse campaign of lies against Gilles de Rais. They tried the same tactics they used with Joan of Arc... they accused him of sorcery (rather than witchcraft per se), of consorting with demons and devils (he was just into alchemy is all), and then as might be expected none of that went over all that well at his trial any more than their accusations against Joan of Arc went over well at hers. So, they may or may not have had some children murdered under his nose so they could blame him for their deaths... and they had him executed for being a child murderer which was the only thing they could come up with that would severe enough to warrant death. In both cases it was just like when the Church went after the Knights Templar and invented ridiculous untrue stories about them just so that they could have an excuse to destroy them and seize their lands, money, and holdings for themselves. The King of Frace actually colluded with the Church to bring about the destruction of the Templars because he thought he would get something money-wise and land-wise out of it for himself. Same thing the Dauphin thought when he colluded with the Church and the King of England in order to destroy Joan of Arc and any and all those who had followed her. The King of England at least had one thing in his defense! He did not know all the facts regarding Joan of Arc, so when people said she was evil he believed them because he did not know any better. But the Dauphin was the true villain in all this because he DID know everything about Joan including that she was a Cathar... and he even had made her believe that he valued this about her. Which made his betrayal of her so much worse! And ultimately, his betrayal of Gilles de Rais as well. If you've heard all the stories of how as Vlad Dracula, I broke away from any and all ties to the Church... it was because as a member of a secret Gnostic knightly order I knew all too well the Church's history of disposing of people they viewed as heretics when they ran out of ways to use them. The Order of the Dragon was bound to end up betrayed just like the Knights Templar were betrayed previously... so I beat them to the punch and renounced the Church rather than wait for them to seek my destruction. I still ended up in rather a big mess out of it all, but when I died in that life at least it was not at the Church's hands or because of any machinations of theirs. So, in that respect I learned from history and played it smart that time around.

CrazyPrincess_Chlo
Chloe A. Harper-Ashton
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 10th Dec 2022

And Kara my babe, that's why I love you! Because you actually have a brain as well as good looks. You really WOULD make one formidable vampire... if vampires were real, of course, my love.

Kou_Indigo
Kara L. Pythiana-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 68awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011

If I began to list all of the reasons why I love you, my precious Chloe, I would be soon filling volumes with the love poetry I could create thereby. You would also make a very magnificent vampire girl! If vampires were real, as you noted. *Smiles* :D

arortiz73
MTP
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 24th Sep 2013

That's a compelling choice. Running from "monsters" is pretty boring. 😈

arortiz73
MTP
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 24th Sep 2013

What would you do as one of those characters?

Liziantus-Marantus
Ivelina Boneva
Twisted Dreamer
Bulgaria
Joined 7th Nov 2018
Forum Posts: 91

Currently,my favorite horror movie is M3GAN. The one about the robot. I think it would be interesting to play the role of the robot. Process through the thoughts the robot went,in order to do all those things the robot did at the end. I'm not saying any spoilers,that is for you to watch and know. But I would pick this movie, I would be one of the robots maybe. Or I could interact with the robot M3GAN myself.

arortiz73
MTP
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 24th Sep 2013

Liziantus-Marantus said: Currently,my favorite horror movie is M3GAN. The one about the robot. I think it would be interesting to play the role of the robot. Process through the thoughts...
Thanks for refreshing this thread with a refreshing outlook. I'll look into M3GAN. 🤓

Page:
Go to: