Go to page:

Football / Soccer World Cup

poet Anonymous

Appreciate it doesn't float everyone's boat. Qatar hosting isn't ideal given their abuse of human rights. It is, what it is.

Group B is very very spicy:

USA, Iran, England & Wales.

Wales is the smallest Nation and our last WC qualification was 1956. I'm half-English (the bad half ) but my football allegiance is blood Red.

For those who like a gamble, Argentina or Brazil will win. Heard it here first.

Any thoughts? Anyone? Lol

Billy_Snagg
Rist Jizzmann
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 37awards
Joined 14th Apr 2018
Forum Posts: 235

I think Wales will be lucky to get out of the group. Can't really see Iran making the cut. USA could surprise us.

poet Anonymous

Yeah. Not much expectation from Wales. Too reliant on an aging Bale & Ramsey. Won’t fail though lack of passion. The video below articulates this well. Though, it could be perceived as hot-wind & rhetoric.

https://youtu.be/1fpV0OFC0vc

On paper, England should walk the group, but there is the defensive-douche Southgate & Maguire to bear in mind. I’d love Bellingham and/or Foden in the Wolverhampton Wanderers midfield. Oh well. Tis free to dream.

USA may very well surprise & Iran are no mugs. The 2026 WC in USA, Mexico & Canada will be fun. Especially if Wales reach Mexican shores

poet Anonymous

https://youtu.be/43Fag8ZQcz4

At least we have the most passionate official song, bang average team though. Don't give a flying fluck if we don't progress from the group. Should never be held in Qatar. I was at 6 of the games highlighted in the video.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

Might be a bit hard to make out. I put €5 on Wales seeing as they're 200 - 1

not gonna watch any of the games, or go on a rant here, but in the spirit of Fifa will take any money I can get from it

Billy_Snagg
Rist Jizzmann
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 37awards
Joined 14th Apr 2018
Forum Posts: 235

I hope you may share your big win if it materialises. Good luck, of course!

poet Anonymous

Jesus Leep. Have yo been drinking? Not sure we will even beat Iran, but hey-ho, stranger things have happened.

Being serious (I can be). Tournaments are always poorer without the presence of the Green and it should never be anywhere near Qatar. Think I wrote about the 2016 ferry to France. Totally awash with Irish & Welsh. Bit of a Celtic love-in.

Can't see anyone outside Brazil or Argentina. No outstanding European team and it will be sweltering. Benzema should give you a run for your money as top goalscorer.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Went in the bookies to put a punt on Croatia. they'd a not bad run last time around

Brazil are hit and miss, played woeful some copa cups ago, are favorites now in the bookies, wouldn't surprise to see a South American team do well

but I dream with Wales

The women qualified, aren't playing bad

Casted_Runes
Mr Karswell
Fire of Insight
England 5awards
Joined 4th Oct 2021
Forum Posts: 402

I got sick of the World Cup because I had to spend a week at work packing St George flags and inflatables for customers. It felt like I was canvassing for the National Front.

The Times had a pretty potent cartoon today, depicting a soccer ball, one of the black hexagons of which was replaced with a coffin symbolising the migrant workers who died building the Qatar facilities.

poet Anonymous

Casted_Runes said:I got sick of the World Cup because I had to spend a week at work packing St George flags and inflatables for customers. It felt like I was canvassing for the National Front.

The Times had a pretty potent cartoon today, depicting a soccer ball, one of the black hexagons of which was replaced with a coffin symbolising the migrant workers who died building the Qatar facilities.

"Inflatables for customers." ? Where the fluck do you work? Lol. Have this image of blow-up doll footballers raging across England. Strangely deflating (awful pun. sorry) thought.

Casted_Runes
Mr Karswell
Fire of Insight
England 5awards
Joined 4th Oct 2021
Forum Posts: 402

Strangeways_Rob said:

"Inflatables for customers." ? Where the fluck do you work? Lol. Have this image of blow-up doll footballers raging across England. Strangely deflating (awful pun. sorry) thought.

lol Nothing as sexy as that, I’m afraid, though they were called “bangers”. Tubular sticks you’re supposed to bang together to make noise. Though for some reason each customer only got one. We had some Welsh flag ones as well.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

I have to finish work later on a Sunday because of the world cup.

Shhh

robert43041
Viking
Tyrant of Words
Canada 43awards
Joined 30th July 2020
Forum Posts: 918

Argentina lost...........and so did Germany. Wow.

poet Anonymous

Well, that was shite. Lol. No excuses, Iran deserved their victory. Time and lack of quality (used up all their luck too) have finally caught up with the Welsh team.  

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

... You people are dead to me.

could have bought three cigarettes with that five euro. ... Or won a few more on the Saudies.  ... odd seeing the team get off the bus with back packs haha

today I dream with the USA

Go to page:
Go to: