Go to page:

So, how are we all?

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5564

☝️ nice to see you about SonderNinja. Climb out of your shell. We’ll coax ya with cookies.

Today has been taxing. So I’m currently seeing two physiotherapists as part of my recovery programme since my spine crapped out — one for pelvic / core rehabilitation and one for physicality / mobility.

Started my sensory rehabilitation programme today. It was A L O T. May have dropped the f-bomb far too much for prime time telly if you catch my drift.

So now… tea and a chip butty is my reward. So it’s not all bad.

Betty
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th May 2012
Forum Posts: 422

Northern_Soul said:☝️ nice to see you about SonderNinja. Climb out of your shell. We’ll coax ya with cookies.

Today has been taxing. So I’m currently seeing two physiotherapists as part of my recovery programme since my spine crapped out — one for pelvic / core rehabilitation and one for physicality / mobility.

Started my sensory rehabilitation programme today. It was A L O T. May have dropped the f-bomb far too much for prime time telly if you catch my drift.

So now… tea and a chip butty is my reward. So it’s not all bad.

Shit, that blows. I’m sorry you’re going through that, Missy. You win misery of the month.  That absolutely blows.

I’m on a self-inflicted shitfest!

My last few weeks have also blown. I torn a bunch of stuff in my knee on a run, and I’ve been on my ass

Yay!

robert43041
Viking
Tyrant of Words
Canada 43awards
Joined 30th July 2020
Forum Posts: 918

I'm tending towards a zen mode at the moment...............

SonderNinja
BenjaminEC
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 22nd May 2022
Forum Posts: 72

@Missy    It wouldn't take much coaxing with cookies in the works. Baked goods are always appreciated! I am hopeful there are more positive & empowering developments for you in the future!

@Robert    I am zenning my absolute ass off on the reg and it can get pretty rocky out there this day & age, crazy crazy times we live in. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't haha

So my spring staycation was up this past Monday and all the 9 days off did was simply remind me there are certain tasks that only I am capable of performing lol. But I got everything planted....cucumber, lettuce, marijuana, onion and tomatoes so mission accomplished. just very grateful to still be blessed with the capacity to work outdoors. Long, hot week comin up, and I plan on being in the thick of it with the bullfrogs, copperheads and snapping turtles. I do so love this time of year. I plan on writing more during this hot half of the season than I did the last....agh! look at all the pressure I'm putting on myself!

poet Anonymous

Greetings to all the poets! I believe there is a poet in all of us, we only need to slow down, listen and feel. For me poetry is therapy to both express myself and give to others. Keep watching, keep listening, keep feeling and let the words flow. (K)

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Liera25 said:Greetings to all the poets! I believe there is a poet in all of us, we only need to slow down, listen and feel. For me poetry is therapy to both express myself and give to others. Keep watching, keep listening, keep feeling and let the words flow. (K)

Welcome, Liera.

I’m pretty tired today. Had quite a big physio sesh this morning, so I’ve been chilling with some crafts for the rest of the day.

Empty, no plan days are just the best.

Poetry_In_Time
Strange Creature
Joined 23rd May 2023
Forum Posts: 2

I am new here to this platform just trying to get some of my work to reach other audiences. :)

Kou_Indigo
Kara L. Pythiana-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 68awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2775

I feel happy tonight, actually! I was on Facebook tonight, and checking my messages when I noticed one from a very familiar person. Namely, a certain very wonderful young woman named Lilly who happens to be the reincarnation of my first love Lilith. She used to post here on DUP back many, many years ago, and we actually met on here originally. Various things happened and life kind of came between us... but when I spotted that message, I decided to take a very big chance and answer it. And I am delighted that I did! Because she and I are finally back together. She is going to be leaving Facebook mostly due to the fact that the only reason why she even joined it was to try and search for me on there. And she will not be rejoining DUP. So, I was very lucky to meet her again, and she was equally lucky to meet me. I plan on moving out to California from Iowa sometime next year, and we are already in the process of making plans about the details of all that. In the meantime, she is doing everything she can to cheer me up and keep my spirits high! That is how you know when you're with your truest soulmate... when even if you only get to talk for a few hours, they still make you feel amazing. For me, this puts a whole new perspective on my life, and gives me hope back after I had honestly thought all hope was lost in so very many ways. It feels... right.

As for Chloe, I have not heard from her in many weeks... and she has not been on here for even longer. Our sealing ritual was not exactly an official sort of marriage ceremony anyway, so as far as I am concerned it was time for me to move on in any case. She is a nice woman, a talented poet, and very good person, but I simply cannot remain in a relationship with someone who is just not there for me when I need them, and not communicating with me when we are distant from each other. We simply have drifted apart, but I now realize why that had to be, and I have accepted it for what it is. One door may have closed to me... but, I am delighted that another better and more wonderful door has opened to take its' place. I could not ask for better luck!

Regarding Camilla's claims of being Lilith reincarnated, Lilith is of course first and foremost a primordial goddess. And such beings can have more than one emanation to them, in Gnostic terms. In Hindu terms, they can have multiple Avatars, or physical forms, that can walk the earth at any given time. Lilith clearly has two... one that is Camilla, and one that is Lilly. Lilly is the one I consider to me *my* Lilith, that is to say the particular form of her that is my truest soulmate. My beloved dark queen, the queen of my heart. Whereas Camilla, she represents a totally different aspect of Lilith and is more akin to Lilith's motherly aspects. Whilst she and I do still love each other, Camilla's love for me and mine for her is totally different and not nearly as intense and as pure and perfect and wonderful and magical as what Lilly and I have going between us. So, over our time talking tonight Lilly proved to me once and for all that she is truly the person I have always been meant to be with. I penned a poem to commemorate our reunion, and plan to in the future write many more in her honor. And this comes to me just in time for summer, too! A merry meeting, just in time for a beautiful and pleasant season of the year. *Smiles* :)

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

Poetry_In_Time said:I am new here to this platform just trying to get some of my work to reach other audiences. :)

You haven't spilled anything for Readers to peruse  

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

better

66 on Sunday is just another day

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1332

I'm feeling nervous today. I'm participating in a poetry reading tonight. I'm absolutely excited, but I always get nervous. I'm part of a local poetry association and we host several readings/events through the year. This is the first one since COVID. So send good thoughts my way so I don't trip over my words. Or throw up on the audience.  

Billy_Snagg
Rist Jizzmann
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 36awards
Joined 14th Apr 2018
Forum Posts: 233

Good luck today with the poetry readings, DaisyGrace. I send you my goodwill & best wishes. Mainly though, enjoy yourselves!

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

DaisyGrace said:I'm feeling nervous today. I'm participating in a poetry reading tonight. I'm absolutely excited, but I always get nervous. I'm part of a local poetry association and we host several readings/events through the year. This is the first one since COVID. So send good thoughts my way so I don't trip over my words. Or throw up on the audience.  

Quick tip. Find a point in the distance above your audience and focus on that. Always bring your gaze back to that point. That way you’ll keep looking forward, but ignore the gaze of people watching you, which always fills a person full of nerves.

Best of luck, chick.

Razzerleaf
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 26awards
Joined 15th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 487

Youll smash it DG, not sure of time zone so you may have smashed it already :)

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1332

Northern_Soul said:

Quick tip. Find a point in the distance above your audience and focus on that. Always bring your gaze back to that point. That way you’ll keep looking forward, but ignore the gaze of people watching you, which always fills a person full of nerves.

Best of luck, chick.

Thanks! I did just that, picked a large collage on the back wall of the gallery and always returned to that point. It was very helpful!

Go to page:
Go to: