Go to page:

So, how are we all?

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1127

Managed to land myself in hospital for a night and a day. Now home and am supposed to rest. HELP!!! I don't know the meaning of the word!!!

robert43041
Viking
Tyrant of Words
Canada 43awards
Joined 30th July 2020
Forum Posts: 918

I could give you lessons on laziness...........just ask.  Regards, Robert.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Yes! Please help!

I'm supposed to be going with my family to my husband's sister's for a long weekend. There will be at least 10 of us under one roof and it's not restful because we all pitch in with cooking, cleaning up etc. There will also be late nights, a collectively-drunken NYE etc... and sleeping on an uncomfortable futon bed in a busy, noisy house. I'm seriously considering staying home.

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 120awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 2608

Wafflenose said:Yes! Please help!

I'm supposed to be going with my family to my husband's sister's for a long weekend. There will be at least 10 of us under one roof and it's not restful because we all pitch in with cooking, cleaning up etc. There will also be late nights, a collectively-drunken NYE etc... and sleeping on an uncomfortable futon bed in a busy, noisy house. I'm seriously considering staying home.

Hello Ellie I'm sorry for your holiday plight I got sick on Christmas and plugged through it... but I had my own bed seriously I don't think I would go... get well soon beautiful 💕

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Thank you. Everyone I've asked agrees with me, but the pair of them will tell me it'll be fine...

Billy_Snagg
Rist Jizzmann
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 36awards
Joined 14th Apr 2018
Forum Posts: 233

I'm gonna say something rather unhelpful here, Ellie, speaking from very recent experience! If it was me, I might plough through 1 night (of your plight but that's only a might!). The fact that you will be away for a few days, only you will truly know if you are up to it!

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

I can't do it. I know I'll overdo it if I go. I need quiet, rest and my own bed. I also don't want to be that far away (250 miles) from my team, and my hospital.

Billy_Snagg
Rist Jizzmann
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 36awards
Joined 14th Apr 2018
Forum Posts: 233

Yeah, I can imagine you getting carried away, as creative souls like you do, lol! When you say, overdo, it's gonna be something along the lines of what Keith Moon might do, right? Like leaping out from behind a drum kit! Well... you are musical, lol! 🤣

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Ha. No. Buying into the whole, "IS ANYONE GOING TO HELP ME IN HERE?!" and going along with whatever the whole family is doing. Not sleeping in a house full of noisy drunks.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Well. My husband declined on behalf of the whole family, and I told him he was being daft - the rest of them could have gone. In the time it took me to message his family to that effect, their older kids made other plans for NYE. Then my 17 year old came down with a flu thing/ high temperature, so none of us ended up going anywhere!

We invited a friend round tonight, but he's very tired and I'm unwell, so it's not happening. Older daughter has made a shock recovery and is off out for a bit! 14 year old is annoyed with her because she turned down an offer to stay home as a family. Kids!

I don't give a hoot about NYE, personally. I might just go to bed!

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Have to be up for work in the morning,  so will hopefully be sleeping and, out of body, before 2022 ends and 2023 begins.

SonderNinja
BenjaminEC
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 22nd May 2022
Forum Posts: 72

Same here....midnight is well past my bedtime. I am, however, going to meet some old friends at Waffle House at 8pm, because I'm classy like that.

Everybody knows that the cool people celebrate New Year's on April 1st anyway.

Styxian
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 9th Oct 2021
Forum Posts: 161

I'm ready to kick '23 right square in its calender ass!  
After I attend a very safe block party up the road in a few minutes.  Lol.

Let's do this, everyone!  

SonderNinja
BenjaminEC
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 22nd May 2022
Forum Posts: 72

Yet I ended up well-past midnight with Georgia outlasting Ohio State 42-41, and after more than one cup of stout Waffle House coffee, I gained some valuable time with possible allies, and regardless of how brief our bread & circus, we made use of our limited enjoyment of some select libation, cheering on the apocalaughs as TCU disrupted the college football universe, ushering in the days of some much-needed revelation.

Here in the West, the inevitable destruction of the debt-based system will be made apparent...the system which you, me, and almost everyone we've ever known is dependent on, and is probably more in the near-future than any of us would prefer. As most of us are busier than medieval peasants, I acknowledge that your time is important, and I understand that many of us are doing the best we can, even under strange and often unfamiliar circumstances.

I don't feel like talking about this shit on FB anymore, so you (DUP) poets will have to endure the brunt of my ramblings for now (or ignore at your leisure)

so happy (normie) New Year! I'll be watchin you, friends & fiends.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Every night since the hospital stay has had its moments, and tonight is no exception. It's 1.50 am and I'm struggling, but there's no way I'm going back there unless I've had a few hours' sleep first. Of course, I'll be fine in the morning!

Feeling done with this now.

Go to page:
Go to: