Go to page:

So, how are we all?

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1135

Anyone else received messages with a similar title to this over the past few days? 'I'm compelled by the beauty of your profile to write you'... you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, blah blah (hardly)... as usual, it's from a guy who claims to be single and has posted no poetry whatsoever.  Highly likely he's using this site as a dating agency.  I haven't yet told him I've been married for 23 years.  Saving that interesting piece of information for another day.  Eejit.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5601

Wafflenose said:Anyone else received messages with a similar title to this over the past few days? 'I'm compelled by the beauty of your profile to write you'... you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, blah blah (hardly)... as usual, it's from a guy who claims to be single and has posted no poetry whatsoever.  Highly likely he's using this site as a dating agency.  I haven't yet told him I've been married for 23 years.  Saving that interesting piece of information for another day.  Eejit.

I’ve not received one, but I see the same message at work spamming our social media all the damn time like 20 times a day. Always with a stolen picture of a guy (image searching them is always fun) and all with fake pleasantries and compliments trying to hook a person into a conversation.

Honestly these cunts are relentless. Block. Report. Delete.

Styxian
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 9th Oct 2021
Forum Posts: 161

Northern_Soul said:

I’ve not received one, but I see the same message at work spamming our social media all the damn time like 20 times a day. Always with a stolen picture of a guy (image searching them is always fun) and all with fake pleasantries and compliments trying to hook a person into a conversation.

Honestly these cunts are relentless. Block. Report. Delete.

You're telling me his messages to me aren't sincere?!   I mean, I'm not gay, but if he has nice shit and an island, millions in a bank in the Bahamas, etc....   I'm maybe switching teams!  
Not really, but maybe I can get free shit from him.  Lol.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

LOL @ Styx!

I mean, I know I've told you and the whole site about my not-so-secret (and very innocent) crush, but that's entirely different to propositioning someone you've never chatted with, purely on the basis of looks and very probably insincerely.  Isn't it??

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Now an island... that's something I could get onboard with.

Styxian
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 9th Oct 2021

But Ellie !!!!
Sometimes we go with a hunch!  It's going to work out with him, I just know it!  
(Not really, I'm still just after his free shit).  

Hey girl, you can crush all you want!   It's a nice needed boost to my recent downtrodden moods...
Too bad you're not closer.  I made a huge pot roast/veggies and have so much left over!  
It goes well with all the non stop storms we are having, day after day.  I hate Florida!

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

It's kind of cool when the weather matches our moods... unless you're feeling down because of the weather.  I can understand that too...

Are we somehow in tune with each other across that vast stretch of water?  I've been in a pathologically glum mood for a couple of weeks.  I couldn't do anything for a while, but am easing myself back into things.  I delayed my return to work for just over a week because I Couldn't Deal.  I've dropped out of college temporarily (I was paying for night school on Zoom) and am probably going to drop out of one of my bands too.  Needs must.  Actually, my scores were appalling a week ago and I feared it would end in a hospital stay, but am a lot better at the moment.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

The food sounds lovely...

Styxian
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 9th Oct 2021

Wafflenose said:It's kind of cool when the weather matches our moods... unless you're feeling down because of the weather.  I can understand that too...

Are we somehow in tune with each other across that vast stretch of water?  I've been in a pathologically glum mood for a couple of weeks.  I couldn't do anything for a while, but am easing myself back into things.  I delayed my return to work for just over a week because I Couldn't Deal.  I've dropped out of college temporarily (I was paying for night school on Zoom) and am probably going to drop out of one of my bands too.  Needs must.  Actually, my scores were appalling a week ago and I feared it would end in a hospital stay, but am a lot better at the moment.

I've worked ten hour days this past week, because too many co workers are out.
And, both neighbors to the sides of me have Covid, a second time.   They're older ladies.  So I play boy scout for them.  Yes, truly innocent stuff!   Light shopping, trash, short chats.  I think I'm immune to that virus.  For once I get a break. Lol

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

I haven't had Covid yet.  It's truly astonishing.  My husband was the first person in the village to have it (Nov 2020) and my kids had it a year later.  I nursed them all.  Countless woodwind pupils of mine have been diagnosed with it, literally the day after having their individual or group music lesson with me.  All of my colleagues have had it.  I barely know anyone in real life that hasn't.  Also, I'm regularly immune suppressed because I have a week of prednisone for asthma every few months or so, and that knocks your immune system out for three months at a time.  Go figure.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

I think we need to break up...

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR5p5Whs/

Kou_Indigo
Kara L. Pythiana-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 68awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2784

I've had an interesting past couple of weeks. My therapist, Gloria, basically said that I definitely suffer from PTSD in life, which did not surprise me at all since I already knew I had that and she basically just kind of confirmed what I already knew. In my case it was from years and years of being abused in all manner of different ways, and in all kinds of different circumstances. The abuse starting in childhood. Then, I had to remove this one former friend from my friends list on Facebook because he turned out to be a very horrible person! Turned out he was an ex-convict who harbors hateful, bigoted opinions towards LGBT people such as myself. So... I unfollowed, unfriended, and that was the end of that! Won't have to deal with hearing his ignorant words any longer. Sybil and I had a couple of nice dates together, and we both had the chance to talk to each other about our lives in greater detail than previously... she's always such a sweet girl! I adore her greatly. Been a while since Camilla got a hold of either of us, but she did say she was planning on moving to another state sometime between September and November, so I'd wager she is just busy getting all of that figured out. Been having a lot of weird past life and otherworldly dreams again lately... not surprising, since it is the Samhain season now and for me that means an increase in personal spiritual happenings. And, in some of my dreams I've seen more than a few people I've lost in life (such as my deceased first love, Andrea, and people like my mother); so, I've had some dreams in which I had woke up screaming or crying and my partner Zoey had to calm me down. That is the thing with PTSD... when you remember something that was traumatic, you relive how it felt mentally and emotionally, and it is like the pain never left and you just keep on feeling it. Old pains, old hurts, old fears. My therapist basically gave me the "Fear is the mind killer!" speech, saying I need to let my fears pass through me so that only I remain. She knows I am a huge Frank Herbert and Dune fan, so I think she may have worded it that way deliberately knowing I'd appreciate the reference and dig it. But pain is different from fear... pain never fully passes through you; it remains a part of you always, either in one form or another. So, I've been dealing with a lot of old pains lately and trying to not let them affect me adversely. Other than all that, things have, thank heavens, been fairly normal in comparison. Or what passes for such, in this crazy world! Lol. ;)

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

The Queen’s funeral kinda affected me in an unexpected way today. I watched the whole thing with Hubs. Didn’t really plan to.

There was something really potent in the collective grief of the nation. I dunno, I think it just stirred me a bit.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

#Tuesday

Go to page:
Go to: