Go to page:

So, how are we all?

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5736

In the last week I’ve lost a dear friend and my cat as they crossed the rainbow bridge. I’m saturated in grief. Frustration. Anger. Sadness. And I’m not really sure what to do with that.

That being said, I’ve been having a little think about what I want to do with my life. And I think this last week might well have spurred that on for me. Time to shake some shit up. x

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1191

I've been thinking about you. That really is shit.

Can you come and give me a shake too, please?  I've no idea what to do next.

poet Anonymous

Felt like the bloody grim reaper myself these past 2 years. Find solace in the fact that not one of the departed would wish me to mourn, but in a strange way, that kind of delays the healing process. From the womb to the tomb and all that jazz...

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Been taking a back seat from here because I’m currently doing a poem a day for September elsewhere. But it’s nice to have a bit of breathing space while there’s been change to our family and our life. Processing time.

I’ve been making homemade chutneys today ready for gifts for the C word on December 25th that shall not be named. Trying to home make as much as possible this year to keep finances balanced. Good time to been as my hours at work have been cut down to bare minimum at the moment. I’m trying to take some positives from it.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

I'm semi-back at work after the summer holidays, so busier now and here less.  One of my kids has changed school too, so lots to get used to this week and next.  Two weeks from now, we'll all be in the swing of things... hopefully.  This time of year is the absolute pits for me and I'm not doing very well.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

It seems like an announcement of the Queen's death might be imminent. If she hasn't already passed away, it probably won't be long... I don't think she is going to suddenly recover from being 96. Her children have all flown up to be with her.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

I’m extremely conflicted about her death.

1. Don’t get me wrong, I understand she is a figurehead of Britain, somebody’s mother, grandmother, relative… but this country is on its arse. And it both angers and saddens me that there’s gonna be millions spent on funerals and coronations when I’ve been volunteering at the local food bank trying to do my bit so kids don’t starve to death.

National grief is one thing… national crisis is another. And we’re in one right now. When she’s buried, there will still be everyday people that can’t live right now.

Conflicted AF.

2. I’m not heartless and I of course wish the family well. But Jesus fuck, this country is in real trouble. And for the first time in my life, I really feel that down to my core.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2915

She ain't no one to be revered.

Look at all the pedophiles she associated with, not to mention the child trafficking.

Do you think Charles will throw Andrew under the bus regarding his sexual proclivities,  or rather keep it in the family and protect him like mommy dearest did.

You have virtue signalling royals flying around in private jets, with motorcade driving them about. Telling the plebs to reduce their carbon emissions. What a joke.

A fine example of hypocrisy

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Andrew has already been retired from public life and stripped of his titles. I'm wondering what Charles is going to do about Harry.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Give me strength…Before this descends into anarchy, some of us are just trying to process our thoughts here in a way that makes sense with others. The human thing to do is to allow people that space. Thank you.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

I liked her a lot.

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2915

If this had been Tony the war criminal Blair that had died , would we be celebrating his bombing the middle East back to the stone age? Oh wait .. she knighted him for that achievement , same with all the pedos she tapped on the shoulder.

You can polish that turd all you like, shit still be a piece of shit.

Look at thatcher, as soon as she died the North danced and celebrated for what she had done to them

Oh and missy your view on anarchy is misconceived.

without ruler
Anarchy comes from the Medieval Latin anarchia and from the Greek anarchos ("having no ruler"), with an + archos ("ruler") literally meaning "without ruler.

Meaning the individual takes responsibility for  their own actions.  
Myself,  I treat others how I wish to be treated,  I also firmly believe the vast majority of humans are good.

There is a minority that believe entitlement allows them to do and behave as they do with out repercussions.

Just how I feel regarding recent events

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Northern_Soul said:

2. I’m not heartless and I of course wish the family well. But Jesus fuck, this country is in real trouble. And for the first time in my life, I really feel that down to my core.

The most important/truest voice/feeling is the one in your core. I always listen to mine.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Ok Carpe. Well take it to the politics thread of which this is not. Tatty bye old bean.

Go to page:
Go to: