Go to page:

Row vs wayed

runningturtle87
Tyrant of Words
14awards
Joined 20th June 2012
Forum Posts: 517

I see this specific issue as having a religious or moralistic tone. What of the mother's religious alignment with the abortion process? It seems religion is forcing the issue.

There are several augmented versions in different states, including the right of a rapist to have visitation rights with his progeny.  Let's imagine that you have to allow your grandchild to visited by its mother's rapist. He has rights under these state laws. Any man could force a relationship with any woman and her child, your grandchild. Happy Thanksgiving. Merry Christmas. Happy New Year.  Happy Valentines.  Happy Memorial Day. Happy 4th of July. Happy Labor Day. Happy Birthday. Happy Rape Day Anniversary. Happy Halloween. For. 18. Years. At your house. Eating at your table. Drinking your beer. Looking at your wife.

robert43041
Viking
Tyrant of Words
Canada 43awards
Joined 30th July 2020
Forum Posts: 918

Agreed.  It is so frigging sick. To the point of being inhumane.  These ''christians'' have no compassion at all.

runningturtle87
Tyrant of Words
14awards
Joined 20th June 2012
Forum Posts: 517

robert43041 said:Agreed.  It is so frigging sick. To the point of being inhumane.  These ''christians'' have no compassion at all.

It's myopic. The most difficult part to me is that forcing women to bear, they simultaneously throw every barrier against continued health and life of the child and heap shame on the mother.

Even in their own community....what I see getting ready to happen is an outrage of anti-hypocrasy....calling Christians out for war and money mongering....

Cell phones out...everyone now becomes a reporter. Now the trash is coming out. Look out tv evangelists and politicians especially.

Billy_Snagg
Rist Jizzmann
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 36awards
Joined 14th Apr 2018
Forum Posts: 233

Everyone's entitled to their opinion;  I never said they weren't.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

runningturtle87 said:I see this specific issue as having a religious or moralistic tone. What of the mother's religious alignment with the abortion process? It seems religion is forcing the issue.

There are several augmented versions in different states, including the right of a rapist to have visitation rights with his progeny.  Let's imagine that you have to allow your grandchild to visited by its mother's rapist. He has rights under these state laws. Any man could force a relationship with any woman and her child, your grandchild. Happy Thanksgiving. Merry Christmas. Happy New Year.  Happy Valentines.  Happy Memorial Day. Happy 4th of July. Happy Labor Day. Happy Birthday. Happy Rape Day Anniversary. Happy Halloween. For. 18. Years. At your house. Eating at your table. Drinking your beer. Looking at your wife.

to be fair, the roman catholics, those who follow their faith to a T won't have sex until they are married and at that won't have sex unless they want to procreate. there is no need for abortion within that religion, it is a sin after all to rape a person.

I suppose my point is it's not necessarily the religion it's those who interpret their religion erroneously and try to Spanish inquisition the rest of the people

I think maybe it's a lot more political than it is religious. the fact is there is a huge amount of Americans who vehemently belive in their respective standings and they need to be pandered to and to some extent manipulated

that said you had a very religious vice president during Trump admin. I just think it's a bit more layered

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 739

Magdalena said:

You have quoted my statement, as that is what it is, a statement, as in 'it will happen' rather than an opinion 'something I believe should happen'

Your retort is a reflection of yourself. Which comes across as angry. I have no time for angry people, so this is the only response you will get from me.

Over and out.

Yes I get angry at subjects that require such. Over and out...

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5564

It’s religious.

Yesterday on Twitter after the announcement, #PraiseGod was one of the highest trending topics. To put that into context — God, an apparition who’s existence cannot be proven over the lives of living, breathing, fleshed out human beings.

That’s the ludicrous nature of the situation right now.  

Those that don’t believe this backwards action wasn’t the act of religious zealots in a broken system that values the rights of guns over the reproductive rights of women sadly need to wake the fuck up. And this is coming from England — a country that can barely be bothered to nourish its poor and elderly right now.

I am so sick of this Christofascist bullshit. God himself seems like a peaceful dude, but some of his followers have a lot to fkn answer for.

Normally, I don’t get overly riled about politics, but I’m passionate about the rights of women and it’s really, really got to me as somebody who owns a cunt.  

Frankly, America, you can suck a fat one.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Why is there so many
SO called human minded
Women
Having obortions
When there are
SO many ways
Not to get pregnant
Yet they do

… you do understand that no contraception is 100% effective, right?

… you do understand that accidents happen?

… you do understand that the pill alters a woman’s hormonal balance, mood, emotions, weight, sex drive, clot formation, everything right?

Sometimes it takes years to fix that balance. Sometimes, it never does.

Let me tell you something for free, never again will I put that shit in my body after ending up in hospital with a suspected bleed on the brain.

Sometimes. Women. Just. Can’t.

Neither should it just be fkn down to us.

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 739

lepperochan said:

to be fair, the roman catholics, those who follow their faith to a T won't have sex until they are married and at that won't have sex unless they want to procreate. there is no need for abortion within that religion, it is a sin after all to rape a person.

I suppose my point is it's not necessarily the religion it's those who interpret their religion erroneously and try to Spanish inquisition the rest of the people

I think maybe it's a lot more political than it is religious. the fact is there is a huge amount of Americans who vehemently belive in their respective standings and they need to be pandered to and to some extent manipulated

that said you had a very religious vice president during Trump admin. I just think it's a bit more layered

These right wingers are tyrants and want government control of a person's body. "My body, my choice" ..
Tell it on the mountain....

Well, except for anti vaxxers. The government should force those individuals to comply with state control or lose their jobs and be scorned and deplatformed and silenced for killing human beings with their selfish body autonomy.....But if it is an inconvenient baby, then my body my choice.

But really, it is their body, their choice. They get to decide that human's future. If they want it to live or die. Their choice, Their property..

Just like the slave masters used to say...

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1779

I wholeheartedly agree it’s political not religious; furthermore they’re protecting unborn children of people that don’t want the child, people who can’t afford the child, and people who by all means necessary have done everything not to become pregnant. What about the baby when it’s born and comes into the world, who’s gonna take care of it ? More than that, it is the states that are least supportive to families in need that are in favor of this turnover.
Not to mention the abuse these children will face to being born to drug addicts and people that just don’t want them.
JMHO

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

I want to thank the Supr....

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR1QtyD2/?k=1

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Northern_Soul said:

… you do understand that no contraception is 100% effective, right?

… you do understand that accidents happen?

… you do understand that the pill alters a woman’s hormonal balance, mood, emotions, weight, sex drive, clot formation, everything right?

Sometimes it takes years to fix that balance. Sometimes, it never does.

Let me tell you something for free, never again will I put that shit in my body after ending up in hospital with a suspected bleed on the brain.

Sometimes. Women. Just. Can’t.

Neither should it just be fkn down to us.

I was taken off the pill many moons ago because of suspected DVT.
Someone tried to force himself on me once. Luckily, I found the strength to fight him off. Both of my ex partners thought sex in the relationship was their right. My abusive ex thought my body belonged to him. Bunch of cunts. There are too many men like that, not all, but many. Make them accountable for those unwanted pregnancies. If there dick went there when it wasn't invited, make them accountable and stop punishing the woman.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Magdalena said:

I was taken off the pill many moons ago because of suspected DVT.
Someone tried to force himself on me once. Luckily, I found the strength to fight him off. Both of my ex partners thought sex in the relationship was their right. My abusive ex thought my body belonged to him. Bunch of cunts. There are too many men like that, not all, but many. Make them accountable for those unwanted pregnancies. If there dick went there when it wasn't invited, make them accountable and stop punishing the woman.

I fully empathise, Mags.

Accountability is such a relevant word here. Thank you for sharing your story. Seen, heard, and fully acknowledged here. 👊🏻

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

the main reason the question arose in Ireland is because of this woman who was failed by the system, and to some extent someone else's. religion.  I dunno if barbaric is a strong  enough word
p

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishcentral.com/news/savita-halappanavar.amp

the reason I didn't vote is because we weren't voting for a specific law  we were voting to give the government power to make their own law at a different date.  the bill passed. as I understand it a woman would need the backing of a doctor and a psychological nurse

I think one of the biggest problems people have is the time frame. and to be fair I think it's one of the issues  which needs to be talked about  and perhaps find some common ground.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

@Lepp - just reading that article there. The story of that woman is bloody tragic. And I think the pinnacle is where it says that she was neither Irish or Catholic, but couldn’t abort when her life was at threat because of the religious stance of the country she was in.

The thing is with timeframe is somebody still has to decide where the cut off point is. And in the case of a threat to life situation such as above, sadly one time frame will never suit all.

Go to page:
Go to: