Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

rabbitquest said:So there you  have it folks,
it will be left up to the states,
and most people can travel.

Magdalena, you had the best comment imo

I thought the emoji was a sufficient substitute for my original comment

If abortion is made illegal anywhere, then that will bring with it, unwanted children, abused children etc, and as it has already been said here, illegal abortions.
The list goes on...

poet Anonymous

Very little besides emotion in the post before the post above.
Camille Paglia said:

"Woman simply is, but a man must become. Masculinity is risky and elusive. It is achieved by a revolt from woman, and it is confirmed only by other men. Manhood coerced into sensitivity is no manhood at all.”

She also said:

"If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts."

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

lenny_the_pookah said:.
Camille Paglia said:

"Woman simply is, but a man must become. Masculinity is risky and elusive. It is achieved by a revolt from woman, and it is confirmed only by other men. Manhood coerced into sensitivity is no manhood at all.”

She also said:

"If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts."

Those quotes sound like old fashioned points of view, and that is all they are, a persons point of view. Women are much more independant now. I would definitely slay my own dragon, and be my own hero.

The second quote is an assumption and has no foundation.

poet Anonymous

Magdalena said:

Those quotes sound like old fashioned points of view, and that is all they are, a persons point of view. Women are much more independant now. I would definitely slay my own dragon, and be my own hero.

The second quote is an assumption and has no foundation.

I'm glad you're an independent, dragon-slaying woman.
The SC's decision shouldn't trouble you then--nor any of these independent women to whom you refer.
Travel is no big deal.
There will always be places in the US where people can go to get abortions, as well as in the world.
Since it's not an enumerated right in the constitution, the SC kicked it back to the states (following the Constitution). Furthermore, since the most likely hardship would be travel / money, how can that be an obstacle to independent women?
I don't get it.
Women are independent, dragon-slayin', etc., but then become emotional because they're going to be obligated to solve their own problems (unwanted pregnancy).
Enjoy being independent!
Best,

Lenny

Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 231

Quick biology lesson for the far right clowns.

About 1 in 50 pregnancies results is an ectopic pregnancy. This is where a fertilised egg does not nest in the womb. In an ectopic pregnancy the foetus is not viable, they will die and in the process there is a high likelihood they will kill the mother too. There are currently two treatments for ectopic pregnancies 1) wait for a miscarriage or 2) perform an abortion.

Do we really think it is a good idea to subject   at a minimum 1 in 50 women to a murder trial because they had a miscarriage or an abortion?

In Australia abortion is legal, in fact it is illegal to deny a woman an abortion. If a doctor refuses to perform an abortion due to personal reasons then he must refer the woman to another doctor who will perform the procedure. In Australia the Medicare scheme subsides abortions. Abortions are cheap and easily accessible, despite this the rate of abortion in Australia is very low and falling. Why? Because women don’t get abortions for stupid reasons. Medical reasons like ectopic pregnancies, massive internal injuries after car accidents and unviable foetuses account for nearly all abortions. The idea of abortions for “lifestyle reasons” is a myth.

The anti-abortion laws have nothing to do with pro-life, more women will die as a result. It’s about control. It always is with the far right clowns.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5564

lenny_the_pookah said:
I don't get it.
Women are independent, dragon-slayin', etc., but then become emotional because they're going to be obligated to solve their own problems (unwanted pregnancy).

…well, fuck… it’s almost as if 100% of pregnancies didn’t need men to happen in the first place. But no. Don’t worry. Once you’ve finished shoving your dick in us, we’ll deal with the emotional shite. Don’t worry your pretty head.

Cool, man. Thanks tho.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

lenny_the_pookah said:

The SC's decision shouldn't trouble you then--nor any of these independent women to whom you refer.
Travel is no big deal.
There will always be places in the US where people can go to get abortions, as well as in the world.
Since it's not an enumerated right in the constitution, the SC kicked it back to the states (following the Constitution). Furthermore, since the most likely hardship would be travel / money, how can that be an obstacle to independent women?
I don't get it.
Enjoy being independent!
Best,

Lenny

There are thousands of women who are/have been, single mothers and brought up fine children with wonderful morals. Who have gone through abortion alone without any support whatsoever from the "father"
Emotion is a human function that all humans display.

I do enjoy being independant thank you very much.

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5155

lenny_the_pookah said:

Travel is no big deal.
I don't get it.
Enjoy being independent!
Best,

Lenny

Robert, listen mate, the supreme Court, especially the one where your illegitimate party members/subscribers of your party's faith sit in majority, installed there through political exercise has zero credibility at delivering true justice.
You clearly have no idea that what you are trying to portray as a court verdict from a legitimate court is a case of butt naked emperor taking a full frontal position believing their own shiite that no one is watching.

Old white American man. Says it all. Deny that.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1530

When they say pro-abortion, it is a lie. I also am not pro-abortion, I am pro-choice.

I have never heard of anyone having an on demand right up to the time of birth abortion. Abortions are usually done by inducing labor and the fetus dies because it is too small to live on its own. Inducing labor happens all the time as a method of child birth, not abortion, when labor does not begin normally. A relative of mine was in labor for hours and they had to help the baby out. There are many problems during child birth that end up needing different methods of completing child birth. Sometimes the infant is stillborn. Sometimes the mother dies. We should not be investigating every death during childbirth as a murder or abortion.

JJ

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1664

6,000 years of Patriarchy driven by the Abrahamic distortion that is called 'Western Culture'.  What else do you expect?
Perhaps if tantric sex were much more widely practised then there would be far fewer sexually frustrated men who feel a grossly disgusting manipulative need to lord it over woman.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5564

☝️ DU forum post of the year right there. 🏆

Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 231