Go to page:

What’s the story of your avatar?

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

Wafflenose said:Just wandered in to this conversation randomly... and am about to wander out again, nonplussed.

Some days the humour works, some days it doesn't. When in doubt... it's jest!

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1135

Tea? I'm in! I'll bring doughnuts.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5601

Wafflenose said:Tea? I'm in! I'll bring doughnuts.

Jam. Or I’m out. 👌🏻

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1135

Absolutely!

JiltedJohnny
Fire of Insight
Netherlands 3awards
Joined 8th Apr 2022
Forum Posts: 96

Apart from all the heart break, soul break, and what have you (which must have an outlet, I’m sure), I like this kind of quiet humor a lot.
A bonus point, karma point for you.

You see, I still have to learn a lot.
Thank you for the grin on my face.
Kind regards, Gus

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
_feral
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 11awards
Joined 23rd Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 842

it's been interesting to hear everybody's stories behind their avatars, what members are inspired by and how they have changed as they move forward on du :]

looking back on using avatars throughout my years on DU, for a good while i was using art illustrations by a korean artist called daehyun kim or better known as moonassi, he's often known as the man with no identity who always uses non descriptive clothing and expressionless faces in the characters he creates, he often omits to the time, location and gender of his characters & if a scene is good or bad due to shifting the viewers attention on the movements and actions of his characters rather than facial expressions and emotions, i suppose these art illustrations relate to my core and has shaped my approach to my way of living, my journey and art on many levels.

nowadays i am a bit more content in my own skin and using my own picture as my avatar, there was a good few years i never took pictures of myself due to image related issues and going through transition, it's been nice noticing the small changes moving forward. :]

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Real suits you, my lovely. 💚

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1688

My avatar is me, 7-8 years ago, when I was in my late 50s. Sitting at a café here (Portugal) where I had my camera, having taken a photo of some high mineral content rock-dust which I could scrape off for free in 'the commons' wilderness, to use for plants.
Anyway, he looked at the camera, then suddenly took this photo. I liked it. The name you see is my name. If you wish, pencil in some extra lines on my face to bring it up to date.

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5184

Related submission no longer exists.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Aww. Thanks for sharing guys. It’s mad how varied the answers have been. :)

Betty
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th May 2012
Forum Posts: 422

Tallahassee from Zombieland is my spirit animal.

"You see, he was in the ass-kicking business...

... Business is good."

poet Anonymous

It just summed up my life at the moment, so broken ladder man became my spirit animal!

poet Anonymous

Betty said:Tallahassee from Zombieland is my spirit animal.

"You see, he was in the ass-kicking business...

... Business is good."

Definitely in my top three movies of all time!!!

paperstains
Fire of Insight
3awards
Joined 7th May 2017
Forum Posts: 104

I wanted something that went along with my username, so I used something that had been written, scratched, edited, notes in the margins, and pretty scruffed up. Seemed like a good fit.

Go to page:
Go to: