What’s the story of your avatar?

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5805

Kou_Indigo said:

Thank you very much for the sweet compliment, Missy! Yeah, I used to do a whole lot of cosplaying, but these days I have not had quite as much time for it as I used to.

Ahaha… Y’know I’ve always liked the idea of cosplaying. The idea of being someone or something else for a bit is quite appealing. And then I remember I’m lazy, and I never get round to it.

Solomon_Song
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 103awards
Joined 28th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 332

@Magdalena.
Want to say I always find your avatars smile raising and heart warming to me and I enjoy hearing you read (I have a soft spot for female Celtic accents that has been acquired earlier in my life). I too have had my own journey of healing, in which DUP has been one of my good influences. I empathise with the darker sides of what you went through and wish you better and blessed times.. (I blush a little at having in the past been taken in by one of your earlier pictures (hadn't realised how close to my age you in fact were) but we grow through our mistakes and can still laugh at myself about them.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

I love stuff like this. I think it’s important to anchor us to the ways of the past. ☺️

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1173

This is a cool thread; I love this shit! 🙂 You never know how much thought (or not) someone puts into choosing an avatar. For some, it's part of their art & for others it's just a necessary placeholder.

I can't say my avatar has any artistic merit or deep meaning, but I've grown quite fond of her. It's from a "make yourself a PowerPuff Girl" website. (My original one was from the "Peanutize yourself" site but intentionally looked less like me.) I find it fun to make a cartoon version of myself, and the PowerPuff one immediately made me laugh with its ridiculous eyes and tiny body.

I love this avatar's attitude, though. She's small but intense & defiant. She's how I feel when I'm at my best (although a lot of my poetry comes out when I'm hurting, so maybe she doesn't match my writing all that well). She actually looks a bit like my favourite actual photo that I use on other social media. And of course, she has a book & pen in hand...

I know people have reasons for changing their avatars frequently, but I actually love it when they stay consistent. It's like walking into a room of old friends when I open my updates and all the avatars are familiar. 🙂

Kou_Indigo
Karam L. Parveen-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 69awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2796

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Runes are indeed such a powerful, ancient oracular tool! And they hold so much power for many other mystical purposes besides, as well as forming a whole written language all their own. Sigils come in many interesting styles and varieties, with some being specific visual ways of communicating with certain ancient deities, divinities, angels, demons, and all manner of other types of spirits. Some are tied to forming a visual design based on a being's name, while others are more strictly symbolic and less personally tied to certain beings. I have had most of my experience over the years with both ancient Nordic runes, as well as angelic and divine sigils and seals, some that can be traced in their origins back all the way to ancient Sumeria and perhaps even farther back still. The silliest thing I used to use Nordic runes for was for communicating things to people whom I was playing pranks on. For instance, once I hid a family member's television remote in a box and I wrote the location of the box on a piece of paper. In runic language! Well, my mother saw it and freaked out screaming: "Oh my God! It is some kind of Arabic curse or something!" Yeah, she knew NOTHING about ancient Nordic runes, culture, or anything. Except that Thor was big with the old Norse! But my grandmother knew EXACTLY what they were even though she could not read the meaning of the runes. So, I simply told her: "Well, it seems that the television box, is in a box!" and she was very irritated with my mischief, so I grew tired of the whole prank and retrieved it for everyone since I am certain they really wanted to watch the television by that point. My goodness, if there is one ancient Norse god that I am totally a lot like, it would have to be Loki! Always had a slightly mischievous streak to me. But only when it came to good fun, nothing ever harmful. But yeah, runes are just an amazing aspect of the mystical side of things!

Solomon_Song
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 103awards
Joined 28th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 332

I have changed my avatar to a more recent picture of myself, taken of me during a village fun run in October last year. I am proud of this because this was the first 5K run I completed (42nd place out of 69 competitors), achieved at age 62 and after just 2 years of exercise runs, taken up when I reached 60. I previously never thought this would be me as I was not good at cross country runs at school and medical issues prevented me from joining the armed forces (childhood aim) where I would have been exercising as part of my career.

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

Okay, so this thread is like a bloody drug, I'll write you an avatar story!

Trigger warning: Amazing, Diva, Queen, Clown face photocopy image... "Run"

There was this fucker, from Africa. Who arrived in international waters after sailing a dial up modem, that sounded like a rat squealing in a trap. On arrival in an underground movement, he found that in his haste to catch a large box Commodore 64; he had left his wallet on the seat of the keyboard. The conundrum was he had zero tokens to put in the electric meter.

With his dark, half light avatar, he named himself "AliP". Pronounced "Ali Pee". He had not expected the entire international community would have no idea, who the famous super rapper, rock star extraordinaire Ali G ( Pronounced Ali Gee) was. Leading to ending his life as Mr. A Lip in the historical year of 2011.

The fucker gained access to electricity and lit his room! As light hit the black paint of his walls some reflection caused a beautiful collage. That mosaiced, prism effect was such a wonder, that he kept it as a background for all to see! (Sometimes it only comes out when eating those things from the garden, you cook with vegetables and rhymes with tombs or mooms and rooms.)

Fortunately, as revolutions go, he upgraded to a modem that required no dial up and bought a faster mode of transport to celebrate. The new faster legs was called a intel 586, while the modem now boasted ADSL. What an amazing achievement! Even if the fucker, had no fucking clue what ADSL was or why it was so fast. It was like owning a 2012 Chevy, high on alliteration. This speed enabled him to photocopy his diva, queen, clown's face and stick it to the black wall with chewing gum! Oh how amazing a revolution! Indeed so impressed at the revolution, he had the name on his birth certificate changed and was baptized "RevolutionAl". It was a magnificent day, with tea, coffee, beer and face paint!

Some years past, where new modes of transport such as Pentium chips and LTE ( still no idea) then 3G's (at least that sounds faster) were invented. It was at this time, he found out he had a stalker, oh the perfect fucken stalker, she was indeed so beautiful that RevolutionAl stole a black rose from her Pixel Art garden and grew it against his beautiful black wall. So impressed was she, that she wore a "Ali G" bikini and the two married, during a world wide lock your self up in prison moment. A DU match made in heaven.

He was so intent on finding out if the Trump of Donald Duck was stoopid, he bought a new mode of transport, with 5 Pentium thingies that was 5 G's faster than any fucking previous invention, yet. So he could now take a color copy of his wedding face and stick it to the wall of his amazing prism light with "cut and paste" - super technology only found in a new world called Canva  (invented in 2022- the same year he threw away his old worn box school brief case. )

This my fellow friends, is why in any forth coming great party hat dates, you'll see the beautiful pixel art rose and the diva, queen, clown if you press on the amazing color copy wedding face of the author of - "Of Clowns And Black Roses".

Thank you for asking about an entire life and the artist formally known as prince dumb fuck!

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015

Solomon_Song said:I have changed my avatar to a more recent picture of myself, taken of me during a village fun run in October last year. I am proud of this because this was the first 5K run I completed (42nd place out of 69 competitors), achieved at age 62 and after just 2 years of exercise runs, taken up when I reached 60. I previously never thought this would be me as I was not good at cross country runs at school and medical issues prevented me from joining the armed forces (childhood aim) where I would have been exercising as part of my career.

Congrats on the run! 🥳  Never too late to start. Running is awesome. 😊

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015

RevolutionAL said:

Okay, so this thread is like a bloody drug, I'll write you an avatar story!
[i]

Thank you for asking about an entire life and the artist formally known as prince dumb fuck!

Geez, I feel like I really should have put more effort into both my avatar and my story now.... 🤣🤣

Until today, I had no idea you could expand someone's avatar picture to see the bigger picture. Wow. Always learning.

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 890

It's a picture of me before I had breast cancer. My hair is starting to get longer, but this picture is my goals thingy. I'll be happy to braid it like this again. The pendant was my grandmothers. It was what little I have of her, and means a good deal to me.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

RevolutionAL said:

Aww. I miss AliP. He was stellar.

You know the funny thing is, Prince dumb fuck’s initials are PDF… and I open my PDF’s with Acrobat.

Even then, you can’t separate the clown from the circus!! 🤣

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

Eerie said:It's a picture of me before I had breast cancer. My hair is starting to get longer, but this picture is my goals thingy. I'll be happy to braid it like this again. The pendant was my grandmothers. It was what little I have of her, and means a good deal to me.

#YouAreRockStar
#LoveEverythingAboutThis
#I_RL_This_Comment

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

Northern_Soul said:

Aww. I miss AliP. He was stellar.

You know the funny thing is, Prince dumb fuck’s initials are PDF… and I open my PDF’s with Acrobat.

Even then, you can’t separate the clown from the circus!! 🤣

Yeah Acrobats and mad fuckers!

That's so funny. I squirted Pepsi on the motor bike helmut.

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

brokentitanium said:

. 🤣🤣

Until today, I had no idea you could expand someone's avatar picture to see the bigger picture. Wow. Always learning.

Now you've made some ladies go wtf? They can see the whole selfie?

Go to page:
Go to: