Go to page:

Official DU NaPoWriMo 2022 Discussion

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1127

I haven't written for ages, and have no idea if I still can. I've spent the year fighting my way back to health, then getting back work properly (it took four attempts!). I haven't had the energy for anything else. But, I'm better now so I'm going to try.

Ljdynamic
Dangerous Mind
United States 13awards
Joined 18th Aug 2017
Forum Posts: 253

Wafflenose said:I haven't written for ages, and have no idea if I still can. I've spent the year fighting my way back to health, then getting back work properly (it took four attempts!). I haven't had the energy for anything else. But, I'm better now so I'm going to try.

I love to hear you are doing better and glad that you decided to participate.  Keep riding as strong as you can Waffle.
I've been on some creative/inspiration wave and have been riding the heck out it.  I hope it doesn't fail me in the middle of napo and if it does I'll just write about the failure I suppose.

LJ

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

Wafflenose said:I haven't written for ages, and have no idea if I still can. I've spent the year fighting my way back to health, then getting back work properly (it took four attempts!). I haven't had the energy for anything else. But, I'm better now so I'm going to try.

THAT is the spirit!

AspergerPoet56
Tyrant of Words
Scotland 30awards
Joined 4th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 1852

i know how your my mojo for writing has just suddenly stepped . my mental health ptoblems reared its head and left me with just enough energy to just function . remember the pressure we feel is usually what we pile on ourselves . let those words flow you will be surprised whats been waiting to come out

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

AspergerPoet56 said:

i know how your my mojo for writing has just suddenly stepped . my mental health ptoblems reared its head and left me with just enough energy to just function . remember the pressure we feel is usually what we pile on ourselves . let those words flow you will be surprised whats been waiting to come out

THAT is the spirit!

Cipher_O
WarlordoftheWrittenWord
Tyrant of Words
United States 19awards
Joined 7th Mar 2021
Forum Posts: 250

The closer it gets, the crazier, I realize, I am...

:ppp

:)))

I suppose I rather like to hurl myself into the abyss...

Fuck it dog...

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 740

Ljdynamic said:
I remember that.  I almost joined up on that but I was a bit busy and wasn't sure if I'd be able to complete it.

Also.. I'm itching to write my 1st napo poem.  I have had this prompt for about a month now and I want this it to be my 1st napo write for sure 😬.

Yes, LJ: you asked about the post-NaPo challenge, and I thought it such a loss that you had missed the main NaPo and could not join us for the post-.

Then I also recall your solutions to tough days last year, when you converted your molehill droughts into mountain splendour by theming from the very heart of your lean days ("day 19 poem," and the like).

Can't wait for kick-off to see that day 1 poem from you.

Ljdynamic
Dangerous Mind
United States 13awards
Joined 18th Aug 2017

cabcool said:
Yes, LJ: you asked about the post-NaPo challenge, and I thought it such a loss that you had missed the main NaPo and could not join us for the post-.

Then I also recall your solutions to tough days last year, when you converted your molehill droughts into mountain splendour by theming from the very heart of your lean days ("day 19 poem," and the like).

Can't wait for kick-off to see that day 1 poem from you.

Oh yeah, that's right.  I couldn't join up anyway because I wasn't in April.  Well I'm here now, excited to be here.

LJ

Honoria
Tyrant of Words
United States 62awards
Joined 22nd July 2019
Forum Posts: 171

Can directions to different cities and states be considered poems so long as there are 50 unique words? Maybe toss in a roadside review of a diner meal? I’m looking at 30 blank days…😬

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Honoria said:Can directions to different cities and states be considered poems so long as there are 50 unique words? Maybe toss in a roadside review of a diner meal? I’m looking at 30 blank days…😬

What you write about s up to you, as long as it's not erotica, plagiarized, or an old poem recycled!

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1112

Honoria said:Can directions to different cities and states be considered poems so long as there are 50 unique words? Maybe toss in a roadside review of a diner meal? I’m looking at 30 blank days…😬

That all sounds like perfect poetry fodder to me!

rowantree
Thought Provoker
United States 7awards
Joined 5th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 217

I’m right along with y’all on the nerves and uncertainty… I have only written a handful of things since I’ve been away. My biggest concern is handling this with discipline and getting back to writing regularly. It’s a goal of mine not to miss a single day this time.

We can do it!! Starting is the hardest part, and we’re soon to start!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Announcement

Today at noon I'll be launching the Official 2023 NaPoWriMo Challenge n the Competition Forum. You have until midnight, your time zone, to register for this challenge. Any late entry will be excluded from Official NaPoWriMo Challenge. Any non-registrant who posts in the challenge will have their post hidden by a moderator.

Participants, please remember that you can only post 1 poem between 12:01 AM – 11:59 PM in your time zone.

Conversely, Poetsrevenge will be launching the Stomp the Prompt Comp—only registrants of the Official NaPoWriMo Challenge are permitted to participate in this one as well. Any non-registrant who posts in the challenge will have their post hidden by a moderator.

Again, You have until midnight, your time zone, to register for this challenge. Any late entry ( for any reason ) will be excluded.

Thank you and best of luck to our 2023 participants!

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

VROOM!
VROOM!  

( i can't believe it's already here - the race, the run, the rampant insanity!!!)

Ljdynamic
Dangerous Mind
United States 13awards
Joined 18th Aug 2017

Tallen said:VROOM!
VROOM!  

( i can't believe it's already here - the race, the run, the rampant insanity!!!)

My foot is itching!!!  I'm ready to go yo!

LJ

Go to page:
Go to: