Go to page:

Official DU NaPoWriMo 2022 Discussion

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

slipalong said:A pleasure and a torture alone in a crowded room

Ha! The most widely-loved conundrum: should I or shouldn't I?!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Congratulations, everyone! Webmiss has awarded your NaPo Trophy! Well done and deserved!

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Congratulations, NaPoets! You've been immortalized in DU History! Thanks, Webmiss, for your hard work on this to make it all happen!

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poetry-writing-month/

Fiftysevenhours
Thought Provoker
Scotland 4awards
Joined 25th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 173

Ahavati said:Congratulations, NaPoets! You've been immortalized in DU History! Thanks, Webmiss, for your hard work on this to make it all happen!

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poetry-writing-month/

General query... 28 made it over the line yet only 22 are mentioned..

I submitted a poem with the wrong date and sorted within 24hours of posting (thanks Summerian75 and Josh for the catch) broke the rules, fair play. Otherwise, a little nudge as to where I went wrong would be appreciated..

Good job to all! It's no small feat and (for me at least) writing daily irrespective of what it is about is a good grounding and medicine.  Hope others also find this!

Be safe all and see you around the underground!

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1112

Fiftysevenhours said:

General query... 28 made it over the line yet only 22 are mentioned..

I noticed this too and assume it's an oversight that will be corrected, as it's pretty obvious that it says 28 but only lists 22. I had no missteps that I'm aware of. I don't really need the recognition (or the medal, which I haven't received yet) but if I didn't actually complete the task, I'd like to know. Right now I'm just assuming my prize has been lost in the mail.... 🤷‍♀️

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Hi, guys! I'll double check with Webmiss and see what's happening. She handles the backend of this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Okay guys! this is my error! Apparently, the original list was truncated or something. Hell, who knows what I did ( or apparently didn't do )? Your names are everywhere else on this board.

I've just gone through the whole thing with a fine-tooth comb and submitted the omitted names to Webmiss. Please don't ever hesitate in reaching out to me immediately if something is ever amiss with this Challenge! Don't wait for someone else to say something!

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015

Ahavati said:Okay guys! this is my error! Apparently, the original list was truncated or something. Hell, who knows what I did ( or apparently didn't do )? Your names are everywhere else on this board.

I've just gone through the whole thing with a fine-tooth comb and submitted the omitted names to Webmiss. Please don't ever hesitate in reaching out to me immediately if something is ever amiss with this Challenge! Don't wait for someone else to say something!

Thanks, A! Knew you'd get it sorted. 😊
I have such trust in the diligence of the NaPo Team that my brain hadn't even progressed past the "huh...weird..." stage yet! 🤣

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1664

Ahavati said:Okay guys! this is my error! Apparently, the original list was truncated or something. Hell, who knows what I did ( or apparently didn't do )? Your names are everywhere else on this board.

"Truncated" ... this gives me the lead-in I was looking for.
Whilst everyone else was busy with NaPo during April, I was busy trying to put up my new 12.25m double-truncated 6-V geodesic dome structure for our new greenhouse.
I failed the first time round two weeks back as I could not get the last 10% to join up at the top. Took nearly all of it to pieces. Borrowed a proper laser-level, reset it and hey presto, completed it yesterday - and took a couple of pics today.

Here's the view south ...

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

... and here's the view back up to the house ...

... with the beginnings of our new find-something-to-eat-all-year-round forest garden, now planted with 14 beds and not quite visible a circle of special citrus trees to give us fruit all year round too.

Now there is just the small matter of making 200+ triangular windows ...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

BT - you're very welcome! I am so sorry for the errors and confusion! My bad.

Josh - Holy crap! What an accomplishment! Looking forward to the photos!

javalini
Fire of Insight
United States 15awards
Joined 4th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 201

That is just amazing, Josh.
Fantastic!

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015

But wait a minute... you also did NaPo on TOP of all that?! Geez, I feel like quite the underachiever now!
Wow, it's really impressive. Amazing work. 👏👏😊

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

brokentitanium said:But wait a minute... you also did NaPo on TOP of all that?! Geez, I feel like quite the underachiever now!
Wow, it's really impressive. Amazing work. 👏👏😊

Thank you for your enthusiasm.  Well ... I cut up and prepared the metal in Jan/Feb, dug the leveling trench in March (competing with the rain), and spent most of April fiddling with 750 Nuts & bolts to get it right. I tend to write either late at night or early in the morning - ie: outside the work-day. I'm surprised I was never inspired to write a villanelle on nuts & bolts ... but come to think of it, I've maybe just got an opening line pop into my head -- "The journey of a thousand bolts starts with a single nut"  

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

javalini said:That is just amazing, Josh.
Fantastic!

Thank you. It's not the first geodesic greenhouse I've built but it is the most complicated, and the biggest so far.

Go to page:
Go to: