Official DU NaPoWriMo 2022 Discussion

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 889

FOUNDERS: Ahavati & JohnnyBlaze
HOSTS: Eerie & PoetsRevenge

TEAMNAPO: Ahavati, DaisyGrace, Josh, SummerRain75, wallyroo92, PoetsRevenge, Honoria, Eerie, cabcool, LunaGreyhawk,

Welcome to the DUP Official Glo/NaPoWriMo 2022, Dedicated to JohnnyBlaze for his leadership, dedication, and commitment to NaPoWriMo. Those who finish this challenge will receive honorable mentions on Facebook and Instagram along with a TROPHEEE! custom designed by the Webmiss!  

This challenge will begin in the "Competition Forum" on April 1st. In order to participate, you must register FIRSTLY by reading the Rules & Guidelines and SECONDLY by posting the following here in this thread:

Having read the NaPo 2021 Rules & Guidelines, I'm in!
My location is ________ located in Time Zone ________.

Location must be your City & State ( or City & Country if not the U.S. ) Substitute a nearby City if you don't want to reveal your true location.

Ask for clarification if you don't understand a rule BEFORE committing to the challenge. You have until Midnight of March 30th in your time zone to commit.

THE RULES!

An accumulation of 3 Strikes will result in your Disqualification. You will receive 1 Strike for failing to correct certain Rule Violations in an entry within 24 hours of its posting. We will not warn you to correct anything. You are monitoring yourself. Pay attention to our Daily updates to know If you have any Strikes or were Disqualified.

Our advice? Partner up with others who can check your entries for Guideline violations and immediately notify you of such. If you follow these rules, you won't earn a single Strike.

Only one poem per day can only be posted from 12:01 AM and 11:59 PM in your time zone starting April 1st --- before or after will earn you 1 Strike. You will create 30 posts numbered #1 through #30 regardless of when and if any late postings occur.

Your entries must have its number on top corresponding to the date of its posting, then a title in bold text, and lastly the body of your poem. Example:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/474411/gotopost/

After 24 hours of posting, if there is:
No number ( or the incorrect number ) = 1 Strike
No title in bold text ( or no title ) = 1 Strike
Number, title, & poem out of order = 1 Strike
Notes other than the "unique word count" ( which is optional ) posted after the poem = 1 Strike

Theoretically, you could earn more than 3 Strikes from one poorly executed Entry and be Disqualified.

Entries cannot be edited after 24 hours of posting. Forum Time Stamps tell us if and when you have edited. An edit occurring after 24 hours results in a Disqualification.

This > $$$ < means you will be Disqualified for not correcting within 24 hours.

$$$ Entries Must Be Pasted Into The Forum Direct Linking is prohibited.

$$$ Poetry, Not Prose Entries must be in the format of lines and stanzas, not sentences and paragraphs. How "poetic" your entry is IS A NON-ISSUE.

$$$ No Erotica Allowed Simply do not attempt to post erotica and you will be safe! Do not use language prompting the reader to imagine a sexual encounter. Do not make references or allusions to human body parts with intent to sexually arouse the reader.

$$$ Entries Must Be In English

$$$ No Images or Videos can accompany your entries.

Double Posting When Late We encourage you to complete poems ahead of schedule in the event you are prevented from writing and posting by an unexpected event such as a personal crisis, power or Internet failure, etc.

Follow this protocol upon your return: post a maximum of 2 poems per date until you are caught up. At the very top of each late post, attach a brief explanation stating why you are posting late whatever reason it may be. Example:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/9560/840/#392950

$$$ if your late post(s) do not include an excuse.

50 Unique Word Rule The body of each poem must contain a minimum of 50 "unique" words. You can repeat any word as many times as you wish, but it only counts as 1 unique word. You are allowed to make up your own words. Titles and quotes of other writers are not included in your unique word count. If you provide the number of unique words in your entry, please type it AFTER the poem is finished.

What counts as 1 unique word : Contractions | Ampersands | One letter words such as "a" or "I" | Numbers such as "4" | Hyphenated words such as "sugar-free" | Power words such as "Freedom"  

If you don't have a minimum of 50 unique words after 24 hours of posting, this will result in 1 Strike.

One Violation of this particular rule will result in you not receiving the Trophy.

Errors & Inconsistencies ( Typos, Grammar, Punctuation, etc ) This is not a competition to see who can write a technically accurate poem. You may submit more polished versions of your entries to your personal DUP portfolios or other comps at any time.

Multiple Accounts If you are actively posting at DUP with multiple accounts not publicly disclosed in ALL of your profiles + forum signatures per site guidelines, you will be notified AFTER the competition that you were Disqualified. We do not reward individuals who secretly use additional memberships at DUP to exploit others.

Using Previously Written Ideas For Poems You may convert any written idea into a poem for entry if you wrote it down digitally or old school in a notebook and did not perform any further work on it. In essence, you may use any poem you "started" and it is only during April 1st - 30th that you may "finish" said poems.

If you paused during the "note-making" - i.e were interrupted or answered Nature's call - the note remains valid.

If you returned to the "note-making" after performing a chore or relaxing, then the note is no longer valid. You cannot consult the written version and must start writing it again from scratch during April.

Off Topic & Drama Posts will be removed from the Registration / Discussion thread. Only poem entries are to be posted to the NaPo challenge thread and NaPo Prompt Comp thread.

Acceptable Entries & Writing Prompts We provide prompts available in the NaPo Prompt Comp competition likewise beginning on April 1st.

Otherwise, you do have complete freedom to write about anything you want! You will not be disqualified based on content or quality - with the exceptions of Erotica, which is not allowed, and Plagiarism; if we discover that you are swapping words in pre-existing poems or copying partial to entire poems, you will be notified AFTER the competition that you were Disqualified.

PLEASE use common sense. Your poetry, unpolished or otherwise, is a reflection of the overall talent being fostered by DUP. We would hate to see outside readers, potential members, or even publishers turned away by material meant to garner attention purely from shock value. Don't be a shock jock.

Final Award Check After the FINAL entry is submitted on April 30th, Ahavati and I will double check entries to ensure viability. It only takes 1 ineligible entry to negate your acquisition of the trophy, so be certain your work adheres to the Rules!

A special THANK YOU! to all braving this challenge! Particularly to our Team members for donating their valuable time to assist us in making this the most SPECTACULAR NaPo ever!

Sincerely Good Writing To All,

Team NaPo ‘22

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018

My location is Cincinnati, Ohio, located in Time Zone EST.

^^How to officially register once you read the rules and guidelines!!

If you have any questions, please reach out to any team member. We are here to help!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

My location is Cherokee, NC located in Time Zone EST.

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1779

Something came up I have to withdraw. Good luck everyone!  ✍️

da_poetic-edifier
Damon
Dangerous Mind
United States 12awards
Joined 11th Aug 2016
Forum Posts: 250

My location is Finksburg, MD located in Time Zone EST.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

The United States of America is in the house!

wallyroo92
Tyrant of Words
United States 145awards
Joined 11th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1750

Having read the NaPo 2022 Rules & Guidelines, I'm in!
My location is Bakersfield, California, Time Zone - PST

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

My location is Green Valley, Arizona located in Time Zone Mountain Standard Time (MST)

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018

Tallen said:Having read the NaPo 2021 Rules & Guidelines, I'm in!
My location is Green Valley, Arizona located in Time Zone Mountain Standard Time (MST)

Welcome aboard, Tallen!!

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1332

da_poetic-edifier said:Having read the NaPo 2021 Rules & Guidelines, I'm in!

Welcome to another NaPo, da_poetic_edifier! i'm sure you will crush it, as always!

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1332

Having read the NaPo 2022 Rules & Guidelines, I'm in!
My location is Lexington, Kentucky, located in Time Zone Eastern Standard Time.

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018

da_poetic-edifier said:Having read the NaPo 2021 Rules & Guidelines, I'm in!

Welcome back, da_poetic_edifier!

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 864

My location is North Carolina, US located in Eastern Time Zone.  

Woohoo here we GO!

Honoria
Tyrant of Words
United States 62awards
Joined 22nd July 2019
Forum Posts: 171

My location is NYC,NY located in Time Zone EST.

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 740

My location is Montego Bay, JAMAICA, located in Time Zone EST.

Go to page:
Go to: