Page:

Human behavior, morality. Is it natural instinct?

Zazzles
Zazzles
Broom
Tyrant of Words
23awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1616

SweetKittyCat5
SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
United States
21awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 661

I would like to extend my Happy Thanksgiving greeting to you and yours my poetess and then I must bow to your introspective on the theories of Charles Darwin.

I studied his five hypothesis of relativity and his thought process on evolution (I have read, researched and presented a PowerPoint for a grade on his pragmatic assumptions) His books of interest on evolution as such is the common descent, gradualism, population speciation, and his suppositions in natural selection). They were all fascinating in his discovery to actual bring order to precipitate its meaning to comprehend his suggestive matters or refute it.

Darwin’s practicality in comparison to Sigmund Freud in my last year of college prior to me earning my Master’s Degree in Forensic Psychology and his capitalization and his theorist conception on morality. Some of his theories were highly recommended and some were disputed without merit by his peers in the fields of science, biology, and psychology.

Darwin’s came under question in the frame of immoral and moral behavior and what prompts a person intellect to give credence to choices they deem worthy to excuse the state of the mindset. His principles in studying the dynamics of natural selection are used here to today in what is now known as gene pooling, a more politically correct term, gender selection.
Is morality the intent adjustable in its action, the cause justifiable in its cause and effect with malice without the affirmations of moral conscious.

The planes of evolution have taught us we are all created from something on a much of higher consciences level than what meets the eye, however, the retrospect, we must at times step back and evaluate the concept and where the doctrine of that perception has originated. Please take into consideration Darwinism theory and the theory of Evolution is where many have debunked his abated misinterpretation.

The differences between the two is Darwinism is a theory of evolution based on his research in the state of natural selection, whereas the mere definition is the change in the genetic composition of a population over successive generations.

In regards to Morality, it does entail various structures of being classified as a singular suggestion; it can simply be the basic concept to interact with unethical and questionable decisions, henceforth, it can be the driving catalyst to bring discontent, or the ethical sense to practice sound judgment to better humanity.  

As human beings we tend to struggle with the concept of rendering virtues in its self-reliance the beliefs to comprehend or render have a small window to the adjustment to your everyday livelihood. This is where Sigmund Fraud’s belief in the interchangeable aspects everything of intellect and how it relates to society novels down to the three components of the ID, Ego, and the Superego, they are/were his forefront philosophies to explain human conduct in the world of psychoanalytic viewpoints.

Charles Darwin’s upbringing sealed his beliefs in the unitarian ideology (a person, especially a Christian, who asserts the unity of God and rejects the doctrine of the trinity). It gave a less than perfect meaning in his research in the natural selection process, for those who are not attune to the process it is without doubt whereby organisms are more equipped within their habitant to endure and create more descendants. Then it becomes the survival of the fitted).

This singular notion had an unfounded impact in the field of biology and his tireless approach to what he termed selective breeding and his offset belief in the integrity of evolution, and not by the occurrence of the Deity.

I could continue in depth about Charles Darwin and his questionable, yet, at times brilliance exploration of his scientific and medical oath of practices. In the patience of your question.

Morality comes from the heart, and if it unites with the mind then it produces in its beautiful duality to preserve the intact of honorable fundamentals, nonetheless, when the cognizance and temperament is not in accordance with those principles of having virtues, then this is where the irrational and mundane dialects or unwise deeds tend to take precedent over otherwise rational behavioral.

SKC, Interim DON, APRN…

Cited 11-25-21, SKC  
https://www.cnyfertility.com/gender-selection/

Zazzles
Zazzles
Broom
Tyrant of Words
Joined 23rd Nov 2013

Happy thanksgiving to you and yours as well beautiful woman 🤗♥️🤗♥️♥️
I am blown away by you Kitty. Your educational background is impressive to say the least. You are a very remarkable women
and am happy to read your reply which has me gobsmacked ( no pun intended)
I only know what i know by reading articles and journals. I have no educational background to speak of with the exception of 2 months in10th grade—

I read things that interest me and pass it on to anyone who will listen.
Your reply to this post is both informative and wonderful in that i enjoy your words a lot! ♥️ I will now follow the link you left for me and be back with my reponse.
Much love and respect my sister Poetess ♥️

SweetKittyCat5
SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 5th Sep 2018

You have given my voice of reason a dutifully chance to add to a question you so eloquently asked in open forum; a question I was honored to answer on the academic admission of studying and researching a prolific and at times a charismatic intellect

I have learned two things in all my twenty-eight years of being on this earth. Reading comes from the pages of books and education pertains from what we are taught and how we perceive those notions and apply them accordingly to our everyday lifestyle... meaning, it never truly matters, the route we take to be taught or self-taught as long as we can embrace times such as this to learn and respect the process of what is being mastered in a receptive mannerism to dialogue, in addition, I humbly admire you because, you allowed me to do just that in broad terms... thank you my poetess with much respect and universal admiration.

P.S.. On a self-reflecting note, be advised I learned proper English from reading the Encyclopedia Britannica due to my grann's broken English dialect and me only speaking French, her oath of seeing patients was her sole priority during the time of my guardianship

Have a blessed week as it slowly unfolds
SKC

Zazzles
Zazzles
Broom
Tyrant of Words
Joined 23rd Nov 2013

Kitty 🐈‍⬛

Morality to me is  a tactic put in place for control. On the other hand it is also a natural instinct provoked by a chain reaction if you will, of emotional reactions to pain. Be it physical, emotional or both.

I have postulated the idea that if what you are subject to and have no other form of reference, you as human, around other humans, causing harm, to you may seem moral.

But as humans multiply and evolve  and mankind becomes more populated; things on this subject become confusing in that as humans change / evolve, so does our prospective view, and our emotions.

Empathy and compassion come into play, therefore , morality becomes more of the standard practice of group acceptance.

It wasn’t until later that christianity made it law for the benefit of control and to weed out poor disadvantaged people.

Separation of a nation and or people,
Is possible because religion dictates hatred and negativity and separation.
Christianity is allegorical, in that it will always serve the readers purpose because there is no one interpretation.

SweetKittyCat5
SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 5th Sep 2018

I can appreciate your point of view in the fairest sense of respectability in the knowledge of a greater concept to the analogy of morality my poetess, however in the logical sense of moral and its origin in the sense of the word from the Old French word, moral and directly from the Latin dialect meaning moralis.

When interacting when it has a direct bearing of cause and effect on a personal grade such as the beliefs of religion it is always best to use the ethos, pathos, and logos, sense of direction, whereas it keeps minds intact throughout healthy and interchangeable discussions.

I would say your parallels between religion and the natural state of intellectual instinct comes under scrutiny as it tends to draw out several relatable perimeters to the adaptation of ‘you are the cause of what you think and the action for what you have been led to believe’

In the justification of any religion playing an imposing factor of being an advantage or disadvantage in elevating esteem to know what is considered just or unethical, has always been incontestable and the significant of the outcome is a thin line to grasp its concepts when dealing or interacting with human behavior.

The sense of morality pertains to gathering and harboring ethical thoughts of the mind and practicing the truthful esteem of core principles, Subsequently, the probable chance to encourage, uplift, or to negate any emotions to foster the mindset of capitulating to malignant motives of immoral behavior.

The has never been an adopting standard rule to Christianity to control the attitudes of people. The religion of Christianity originated with the ministry of Jesus who was Jewish, and His purpose was to teach us universal love and forgiveness and the proselytism to other countries questioned the creed and began to misinterpret the meaning to fit the faith of their religion theology.

In many West and North African countries and by ancestral rites of passage Christianity was given to the African salves during the Atlantic Slave Trade after being denied our true religion by the way of the Romans cathartic ethnic cleansing and capitalizing from its sacred symbolisms and stolen philosophies in the process from the Madonna and several deities to worship unto in solidarity.  

The religion in western and central Africa was the Orisha religion.

Henceforth, if Christianity derived from Judaism and that was not the ideology as you have stated ‘to weed out poor disadvantage people’ unquote, if that was the sole purpose then to this day you would not have various religions with clergymen living in million dollar mansion giving five dollar sermons, in addition, having your average citizens who may attend masses, or church services, yet, can render to the sickening criteria of loathe and genocide, condemn societies by hatred of mankind and say it is moral in the name of Allah to bring discontent.

The Creator gave us all the free will to know right from wrong, there is no smoke screen to desensitize the mind as in use of region as the driving force to separate heart from the mind and act according to render its basic principles.

In my present profession, I hear so many analogies from unresolved bitterness. post-traumatic stress disorders, to grandeur illusions of the mind to transpose their mental disorders upon human’s right to live among the universal population. And as I listen, I really get the sense of understanding, some minds and I say this with understanding and reverence, cannot be changed; the mind in all its personification can do one of two things. Have compassion, or if it is set and the heart has been suspended to accept the dire consequences than it brings forth contempt and a deficient in the ability to accept any moral interventions.

I am highly impressed my poetess with your opinions, suggestive thoughts, and your intellectual annotations. You make me pleased to respond appropriately, and I would like to hear your thoughts more and others as we seek understanding in unity; it only gravitates us to adhere to our own reflection to make sure we not only think to what we say, but practice what we tend to preach

Much poetic respect, always,
SKC

Zazzles
Zazzles
Broom
Tyrant of Words
Joined 23rd Nov 2013

Kitty🐈‍⬛
So i have at times found it hard to articulate what i am actually thinking. I agree with everything you have said and again you are an amazing teacher! I think that this conversation has many many things to talk about and debate and agree with.
I adore you Mamita, the more I get to know you the more I love. Your brain is beautiful and so are you.
Thank you for having this discussion with me Malady🌹 🤗♥️😂♥️🤗♥️
Hugs you Kittycat 🤗♥️

SweetKittyCat5
SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 5th Sep 2018

To have poetically conversed with you has been my pleasure my poetess, and I will leave you with this passage; you have a very insightful intellect, and I cannot begin to thank you enough for your initial question. It takes heart and true compassion to bring enrichment to minds and hearts, whereas, it touches someone to reach out with receptive responses.

Go in peace and warmth, in addition, stay safe out there in your daily travels.

Poetic respect and universal love,
SKC🐾🐾

Styxian
Styxian
Twisted Dreamer
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 9th Oct 2021
Forum Posts: 4

Holy smolly, I need more coffee!  
Firstly, I am extremely pleasantly surprised to read this thread.  And impressed.

I was raised, and lived, a good chunk of my life as a soldier of some sort.  I've seen the absolute horrible and also the angelic of mankind in various instances.  
Which led me to the conclusion that morality is not an instinct.  And perhaps it is not learned/taught directly, yet it is absorbed by our individual thought processes.  

Instinct, in its most basic form, is to survive, by any means necessary. Morality is to allow others to survive as well, even if it means our own suffering of some level.

It is regardless of religion, intelligence, etc.
Human and humane are not the same thing.  One is basic, one is evolution of the species.  
To say that morality is instinctive, we would also have to consider that cruelty is instinctive as well.  Because we all know how cruel some humans are.  Yet it's the same species.  There are human creatures out there that we'd swear are not human in their heads at all.  
Yet morally, I'd hesitate to harm anyone, including them, because I'm a "good" person.  But instincts tell me to shoot them in the head, because they'd harm me (that's instinctive, self-preservation).
Thus, with that, my morality also tells me to "erase them" for the protection of my people, and innocent people in general.  
That's giving the value to life and death.  That is morality.

Instinct is a sole value.  Instinct:  Fire hot, avoid.
Morality is a "my world" value.  Morality: Fire warm, save cold people.  
Lack of morals: Use fire to hurt people.  

This is my thoughts anyway.  

Zazzles
Zazzles
Broom
Tyrant of Words
Joined 23rd Nov 2013

Styxian said:Holy smolly, I need more coffee!  
Firstly, I am extremely pleasantly surprised to read this thread.  And impressed.

I was raised, and lived, a good chunk of my life as a soldier of some sort.  I've seen the absolute horrible and also the angelic of mankind in various instances.  
Which led me to the conclusion that morality is not an instinct.  And perhaps it is not learned/taught directly, yet it is absorbed by our individual thought processes.  

Instinct, in its most basic form, is to survive, by any means necessary. Morality is to allow others to survive as well, even if it means our own suffering of some level.

It is regardless of religion, intelligence, etc.
Human and humane are not the same thing.  One is basic, one is evolution of the species.  
To say that morality is instinctive, we would also have to consider that cruelty is instinctive as well.  Because we all know how cruel some humans are.  Yet it's the same species.  There are human creatures out there that we'd swear are not human in their heads at all.  
Yet morally, I'd hesitate to harm anyone, including them, because I'm a "good" person.  But instincts tell me to shoot them in the head, because they'd harm me (that's instinctive, self-preservation).
Thus, with that, my morality also tells me to "erase them" for the protection of my people, and innocent people in general.  
That's giving the value to life and death.  That is morality.

Instinct is a sole value.  Instinct:  Fire hot, avoid.
Morality is a "my world" value.  Morality: Fire warm, save cold people.  
Lack of morals: Use fire to hurt people.  

This is my thoughts anyway.  

Hello Styxian,
So there is much discussion to be had in this topic and I think it is a little bit above my pay grade to be honest.  All I know is human behavior is wildly uncivilized to this day. I think you might be onto something Styxian, your opinion seems to have some merit
Happy you found your way in this topic it’s always good to have a healthy discussion with our peers. Very nice to meet you thanks for voicing your thoughts and opinions.
Zazzles 🤗

Styxian
Styxian
Twisted Dreamer
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 9th Oct 2021
Forum Posts: 4

It isn't above your pay grade.  You have a voice, you qualify.  Whether from a five year old or a hundred year old, we all matter.  There are never enough points of view.  Because any one could be the best choice.
And yes, mankind seems "uncivilized" in a more rampant way nowadays.  But it's moreso because the negatives get glorified by ALL news organizations.  And by the internet.
It's the core values that have been relaxed, mostly due to being bombarded by too much "horrible".  We get beat down and end up backing up the line of right and wrong.

But, and I believe this 100%, we as a whole are still inherently good.   Not all, of course, but most.  Yet we live mostly routine (civil) lives and that makes for boring news.  So we simply don't hear enough about the good in us.  We get non-stop bad news, even though it is by far less common.  

Trust me, I understand your view of "uncivilized".  But it is still the minority of happenings in this world.  
Have faith in people.  It's all we really have to base our tomorrows on.

Page:
Go to: