Opinion on Vaccine Mandates.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
109awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 11140

Taurek said:What would your opinion on vaccine mandates be if orange man bad was still in office?

Vaccines aren't about a president, Taurek, anymore than any previous vaccine has been. They're also not supposed to be about politics, religion, or anything in between. They're about health and prevention of disease. My decision to become part of the research for those with my condition was about that singular aspect and nothing else: health & prevention.

You are not being forced to take the vaccine. You are being given a choice. So choose.

Taurek
Taurek
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Oct 2015
Forum Posts: 1955

Ahavati said:

Vaccines aren't about a president, Taurek, anymore than any previous vaccine has been. They're also not supposed to be about politics, religion, or anything in between. They're about health and prevention of disease. My decision to become part of the research for those with my condition was about that singular aspect and nothing else: health & prevention.

You are not being forced to take the vaccine. You are being given a choice. So choose.

If I donít get the jab, Iím fired. Thatís not choice, thatís tyranny.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Taurek said:

If I donít get the jab, Iím fired. Thatís not choice, thatís tyranny.

No; you're being given a choice whether you like the choice or not. You are not being forced to be vaccinated. You just don't like the choice. It's not the government mandating business owners; it's the actual business owners themselves which are deciding the direction of their own companies. They have every right to act in a way they feel is protecting themselves and the employees of their business.

You have a choice. So choose.

Or, are you saying a business owner should not have the right to make decisions they feel is best for their own company?

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5437

Taurek said:What would your opinion on vaccine mandates be if orange man bad was still in office?

One of the reasons why Trump is not currently in office is because he did not take Covid infection prevention seriously. He refused to wear masks at gatherings, some of which were super spreader events.

He was lucky he did not die of Covid like Herman Cain did, who previously attended Trump's Tulsa campaign rally.

Monkey-see, monkey-do; many of his supporters didn't take it seriously either and died as well.

Thus, Trump did not get their tens of thousands of votes, which contributed to him losing several key battleground states to Biden.

javalini
javalini
Fire of Insight
United States
4awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 4th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 59

I took the vaccine as soon as I could. I'd already had COVID and knew it was nothing to play with. It wouldn't have mattered who was president.
If we had the current surge I'd see the merit in a mandate. Of course, we might not have so much resistance to taking the shot in the first place if Trump were still president. Certain influencers would be pushing it instead of trying to thwart vaccination efforts.
Trump was president as these things were being developed. That should be reassuring to some folks.

Taurek
Taurek
Dangerous Mind
United States
Joined 31st Oct 2015

The nurse who tested me for COVID yesterday said sheís leery about getting the jab. At first, she didnít want to tell me whether she was vaxxed or not because she thought I might be a vaccine nazi/terrorist. But we both agreed that if you want the jab go ahead, but no one should be forced to get it.

She said a lot of people in her field feel the same way and are losing their jobs.

She also said her cousin or friend is going blind because of the jab. Scary!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Taurek said:The nurse who tested me for COVID yesterday said sheís leery about getting the jab. At first, she didnít want to tell me whether she was vaxxed or not because she thought I might be a vaccine nazi/terrorist. But we both agreed that if you want the jab go ahead, but no one should be forced to get it.

She said a lot of people in her field feel the same way and are losing their jobs.

Ahavati said:

No; you're being given a choice whether you like the choice or not. You are not being forced to be vaccinated. You just don't like the choice. It's not the government mandating business owners; it's the actual business owners themselves which are deciding the direction of their own companies. They have every right to act in a way they feel is protecting themselves and the employees of their business.

You have a choice. So choose.

Or, are you saying a business owner should not have the right to make decisions they feel is best for their own company?

You can't have it both ways. You can't demand less government in the affairs of businesses and then complain about a business owner's personal choice as to what he considers best for his business in the same breath. That is exactly what you are doing. So are all business owners who make decisions based on their own health, and the safety of their employees tyrants? Or just the ones you don't agree with.

This is not meant to be combative. I am not defensive or upset. I'm genuinely attempting to understand which tenet you believe in.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Taurek said:The nurse who tested me for COVID yesterday said sheís leery about getting the jab. At first, she didnít want to tell me whether she was vaxxed or not because she thought I might be a vaccine nazi/terrorist. But we both agreed that if you want the jab go ahead, but no one should be forced to get it.

Anyone working in a hospital should be masked and vaccinated so as not to transmit the virus to uninfected people coming into the building with lowered immune systems from other ailments and pre-existing conditions.

I severely doubt the blindness story, but if you want to take a stranger's word for it, that's your choice as well.

Taurek
Taurek
Dangerous Mind
United States
Joined 31st Oct 2015

You can still spread and catch COVID even with full vaccination. In fact, infection rates are higher amongst the vaxxed than the unvaxxed right now.

What is the point of this thing?🤷🏻‍♂️

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Taurek said:You can still spread and catch COVID even with full vaccination. In fact, infection rates are higher amongst the vaxxed than the unvaxxed right now.

The vaccinated are less likely to be hospitalized and less likely to die.

No one disputes that the vaccinated can still be infected, become carriers, and infect other vaccinated or unvaccinated people. Hence the reason you should still be masking when coming into contact with other people while socializing or working.

The Delta variant is more agressive when it comes to infection and symptoms. More children than ever are getting it and being hospitalized as opposed to the original 19 strain because they aren't vaccinated. Thus, children are at a greater risk of dying now or suffering from long term complications.

Why? Because you could infect someone and that person could infect someone and someone down the line might die from it or suffer long term complications. But you are less likely to do this if your immunity boosted vaccinated body sheds the infection faster than an unvaccinated person who has it for weeks to months.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Taurek said:You can still spread and catch COVID even with full vaccination. In fact, infection rates are higher amongst the vaxxed than the unvaxxed right now.

I don't know what planet you're living on ( other than planet contradictory when it comes to individual freedoms of business owners you don't agree with ) but that could not be further from the truth here.  

This graph is a joint effort of the three major hospitals in this area, who are typically competing with one another. Until it comes to COVID-19. In which case they simply want to save lives. Yours too.

Edit: This graphic was dates September 7, 2021, in case you wondered. . .

Taurek
Taurek
Dangerous Mind
United States
Joined 31st Oct 2015

See Israel.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Taurek said:See Israel.

Why tip you hand now to reveal your opening post was just a ruse to argue against vaccines?

Taurek
Taurek
Dangerous Mind
United States
Joined 31st Oct 2015

Jab if you want but donít force it on anyone else if they donít want it, thatís tyranny. Australia is the model for this.

My only politics are, mind your own business and stay out of mine.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Taurek said:Jab if you want but donít force it on anyone else if they donít want it, thatís tyranny. Australia is the model for this.

My only politics are, mind your own business and stay out of mine.

Thanks for the opportunity to participate in your bait thread.

Laterz!

Go to page:
Go to: