Opinion on Vaccine Mandates.

Taurek
Taurek
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Oct 2015
Forum Posts: 1955

My employer is forcing me to take the vaccine or be fired.

What is your opinion on this?

Are you in favor of vaccine mandates?

Do you think it should be a personal choice?

Have you taken the vaccine?

If so, are you fine with it?

Have you had any negative side effects?

Do you regret it?

The_Silly_Sibyl
The_Silly_Sibyl
Jack Thomas
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 662

To answer your questions sequentially:

Unless you have a legitimate health concern over getting vaccinated, as in your doctor has examined you and said that the COVID vaccine poses a significant risk, I don’t think that you should be exempt from getting vaccinated under your employer’s mandate. Vaccines work via herd immunity, and it shouldn’t be a business owner’s duty to risk their own, their employees’, and/or customers’ safety by tolerating the human equivalent of plague rats.

I am therefore in favour of vaccine mandates. If you don’t want to follow medical guidance, then your life in society should be severely limited for the sake of everyone else.

I think that it should absolutely be a personal choice. You should have the choice to not get vaccinated and therefore accept that you won’t be going out to bars, restaurants, cinemas, and most workplaces any time soon.

I had my second shot the other day.

Yes.

A somewhat sore arm.

No.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
109awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 11140

If you're having a reaction ( not life-threatening, mind you ), then the vaccine is working.  

I've been vaccinated as part of a research effort for people who share my diagnosis. After months there still wasn't adequate data. The more I thought about it, the more I thought, "Wait, why not me?"

The people who tested the vaccine? They took one for humanity. Heroes. Heroes, I tell you.

Also, I was an Air Force kid; vaccines have always been a part of my life. I remember the polio vaccine in a sugar cube. I still have the tetanus scar on my arm.

One of my classmates just lost their 38 year-old anti-vaccer son. His last words? Please get vaccinated.

Lastly, everything Jack said.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5437

I felt flu-ish for at least 24 hours after my 2nd Moderna shot. I'm getting the 3rd "booster" the moment it is available.

If your employment involves you being in contact with customers and or other employees, you should be masking up --- getting the vaccine won't prevent you from being infected by a carrier and infecting someone else down the line. Are they mandating that as well?

Fallen_Angel_194
Fallen_Angel_194
Angel.
Thought Provoker
United States
5awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th May 2014
Forum Posts: 317

I'm all for the vaccines, in my opinion. I'm severely immunocompromised, and work with children. I got the vaccine as soon as I was able to. I don't really get why people think it's such a big deal, to be honest. Mandatory vaccinations have been around since the 1850's. I can understand why some might be wary, but I don't think that it's reason enough to be selfish and endanger the well being of others.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14125

The government can take you out your house and stick you in a war zone. just saying

Vaccines aren’t going to rid the world of Covid. WHO said that yesterday.

Vaccines don’t stop the spread of Covid. the companies which make them aren’t really sure if they’ll even hold up against the new strains. they’re going to try a booster shot

the vaccine, if it works, is only going to protect the person who takes it. there’s no reason for people to give any fucks about whether Peter from two doors down got the jab or not

it’s almost impossible to get a job on construction here without the jab, that’s the same for other sectors too.

Should be a personal thing. a personal choice  ...like smoking

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
79awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5392

I think a big part of the controversy over this the belief that it's part of a plan for government control and suppression of the people, which is the opposite of what our democratic system is supposed to be, at least in America.  The government is supposed to work for us, based on who we choose a our leaders, and our system has become corrupt to the point of our votes not mattering because those in power have found ways to control that and put in office, the people they want and not those we the people want.

Some of those in office have financial interests in this virus and vaccine, having rubbed elbows with the ones who created the virus and subsequently the vaccine for their creation.  It's like someone creating a computer virus then saying "here-- buy my malware program to get rid of it."

Therein lies part of the controversy as well as the government giving power to agencies to overstep their jurisdiction, as in the case of OSHA and the current vaccine mandate-- OSHA does not have jurisdiction over state and local government yet they are doing just that.  Here's their own clause about state and local governments making their own rulings:

https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/standardinterpretations/2006-10-11-1

With other vaccines, yes they are required for things like being able to attend school, but there's also a religious exemption that can be enacted.  Things like smallpox , polio, measles, mumps & rubella vaccines did not come about as a response to a human engineered disease, but rather to eradicate deadly and crippling conditions that occurred "naturally", I guess you could say, for lack of a better term.  They also did not come with a take it or lose your job, aspect.

So with covid, we all must ask, what is true true agenda here?  If we rise up in civil disobedience, will there be enough employers with less than 100 employees, that are exempt from the mandate,  to give us jobs once we lose our current ones that are subject to the mandate ?  Will that give rise to a bunch of new companies, created out of this, that keep their work force numbers below the mandate cutoff?  

Myself, I took the vaccine by choice back in December because I am a lab tech and I do covid testing on patient samples as well as spend time in their hospital rooms, drawing their blood.  I got the 2 moderna shots and I will not get a 3rd.  I felt like crap for 2 weeks after the second shot and I believe a 3rd is overkill.  

It was not mandatory when I took it and I'm curious to see how it plays out with healthcare systems, with the mandate-- we're already short staffed to the point of working 52 hour work weeks, are they really going to can every unvaccinated employee when there's no one to replace them due to dwindling enrollment in various healthcare schooling programs such as lab techs?

So it's going to come down to either take the vaccine, don't take it and find another job or create your own reality that bypasses the whole thing -- start your own company , your own freelance business, etc

One thing I can say for sure, being the token Jesus freak around here, is that I truly believe that this will not be a win for those who seek to destroy everything good in this world-- God always has things under control even when it looks and feels like we've been abandoned.   He has his hand on this whole current state of world affairs, and is using it to bring about change for the better, even if it has to involve a rude awakening to get that to happen .  We need to make the choices we feel led to make, on a personal level , and that includes the vaccine.

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Dangerous Mind
England
13awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 2758

What is your opinion on this? — I’m aware that some jobs need it as part of their criteria for working for the safety of all involved. Sometimes it’s about all involved as a collective and it just makes sense.

Are you in favor of vaccine mandates? — to protect a large amount of people, yes.

Do you think it should be a personal choice? — Absoloutly. However, that personal choice shouldn’t be at the detrimental risk of other people.

I had this discussion with a lady at work the other day who is a fierce anti vaxxer. She said, ‘do you know you’re the only person who hasn’t shoved shit down my throat because I don’t want the vaccine”. And I try to see it from both sides, and believe it should be down to the individual. However, if a person chooses not to have the vaccine then they also choose the consequences that that entails. Ie/ vaccine passports. Possibly not attending events etc. That is the choice of the individual.

Have you taken the vaccine? — yes. I’ve had two shots of Astra Zeneca because my immune system is compromised and I’m asthmatic. I also wanted to ensure I protected my elderly parents who most likely wouldn’t survive if they contracted the virus.

If so, are you fine with it? — Totally. Probably the Brit in me, but we keep calm and we carry the fuck on.

Have you had any negative side effects? — The first shot knocked me on my ass for a week. Felt like flu. I ran a mild fever and ached a huge amount. After that week it left as quickly as it arrived. The second shot, I felt a bit rough for two days, and that was it.

Do you regret it? — Nope. It was the best decision for me and my body at the time.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I wasn't aware of this until now.

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
79awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5392

Ahavati said:I wasn't aware of this until now.

If I may,  I'd add to this, that just saying monoclonal antibodies is somewhat misleading unless you (collective "you"/plural) know what they are, or an explanation is given to tell what a MaB is and how it works.

Here is that info:

https://www.creative-diagnostics.com/polyclonal-vs-monoclonal-antibodies.htm

MaB's will work great as long as their target stays constant and doesn't morph or change in any way, so as to become unrecognizable to the antibody and thus, make it not do it's job because it's geared toward a specific antigen or foreign particle.  Polyclonals will bind to many epitopes or binding sites on a foreign particle and they have their own advantages too.

Basically MaB's are derived from a single cell line whereas PaB's are derived from multiple cell lines, hence "mono" meaning single and "poly" meaning "many".

I say all that, not to douse anyone's knowledge or opinion, but rather to offer what I think is missing in the explanations that the powers that be, give to the general public .  They word things so that it makes one feel like, "oh cool-- this must be the end all/be all, gold standard ", without saying what their product actually is fully comprised of and it's mode of action (how it works).

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I'd like to believe the numbers on the graphic were there for a reason, i.e. - to explain more in depth to anyone interested enough to contact them. At this point, I think their purpose is to get people's attention, and not from a consumeristic marketing perspective, but a desire to curb the hospitalization and/or death rate, i.e. - Okay, fine. You don't want the vaccine. Don't take the vaccine. Wanna try this instead?  My niece is an RN, my son's stepmother is an NA, I have two friends that are physicians; one of my best friends is a surgical nurse who has been assisting in the COVID ward. She was over this weekend and was broken from it all.  She is fully vaccinated, but kept her mask on the entire time; the entire time because me.

At this point in time ( in this area, anyway ) they are desperate to get people to see how serious this is. But of course, they are around sick and dying people with COVID-19 daily. We aren't. Or, at least I'm not.

But I do know plenty of who have been so sick they couldn't life their head, and plenty more who've died. And some with permanent organ damage. 99% were not vaccinated.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5437

The reason so many people, including children this time around, are dying is because of vaccine hesitancy.

Some of the hesitancy was due to legitimate concerns, such as how the vaccines would affect people with pre-existing conditions.

Most of the hesitancy was and continues to be for reasons that were / are more important than halting the spread of a virus that kills people.

That's all the knowledge one needs to make a decision.

drone
drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece
10awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2103

CATalyst | Ivermectin: Indian Bar Association Serve Legal Notice on WHO's Chief Scientist
538 views•Jun 10, 2021

TrialSite News

I wonder Why

Dr. Breggin talks book Covid-19 and the Global Predators: We Are The Prey | Origins and Accusations
30,374 views•May 26, 2021

TrialSite News

YEP
We Are
The Prey

The Vaccine Question Bill Gates Won't Answer

The Body Language Guy

COVID-19: Why Lots of Healthcare and Frontline Workers Refuse the Vaccines
729,898 views•Jan 5, 2021

ENewsTrends

Ralph Lorigo Talks NY Court Rulings Over Ivermectin Use In Covid-19 Treatment | Interview
43,324 views•May 5, 2021

TrialSite News

Dr. Pierre Kory Talks About Human Rights and The Big Science Disinformation - Continued
37,063 views•Streamed live on May 5, 2021

Drbeen Medical Lectures

The List is LONG
It is Sad to see
so many people
Refusing
to look at the for and against
These two groups
of Scientists
The ones we see
every day on our screens
and those others
who have been ghosted de platformed
not allowed
on our screens
or those country's
and states
Who are now using
common sense reasoning
One has to look
at the for and against
one has to look beyond
ones favorite
News channel
to gain Knowledge
to understand
If one does not
Then one
is nothing more
than a monkey minded
Slave

javalini
javalini
Fire of Insight
United States
4awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 4th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 59

Most of us have taken vaccines all our lives.
It was never surrounded with such foreboding, so many conspiracy theories. It was not a political issue.
About 3,000 people died in the WTC on 9/11/2001. Young men and women joined the military in droves. Everybody was ready to fight.
Over 650,000 Americans have died infected with COVID, and we are daily adding to that number.  
We are at war with this shit.
Vaccines and masks, though imperfect, are the finest weapons we have at the moment.
Be a patriot. Get your shot and wear your mask.
It shouldn't even have to be mandated. You should have already be there, in line, wearing your mask, getting your vaccine.
Doing your patriotic duty.

Taurek
Taurek
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Oct 2015
Forum Posts: 1955

What would your opinion on vaccine mandates be if orange man bad was still in office?

Go to page:
Go to: