Forum Posts: 1687

... and a belt for myself ...

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

as well as converting the old potting-shed into a sauna ...

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

... because potting-shed activity now takes place in the dome-greenhouse which has taken on a mind of its own as a biosphere ...

Finished the olive harvest this week (654kgs) and picked up 69 litres of our own olive-oil at 2.00 a.m from the lagar (olive-mill) which is running 24/7 at the mo'.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Holy heck, Josh! Could you possibly be any more productive!?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14271

Wowsa! Nothing more gratifying that the creative process. I can't get over how that dome has evolved in such a short time! It seems like just yesterday you were erecting the frame, and now. . .well. Beautiful belts as well.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

JohnnyBlaze said:Holy heck, Josh! Could you possibly be any more productive!?

The trouble is at my age, if I'm not busy on a project then I try and sit down to read an interesting book ... and fall asleep.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said:Wowsa! Nothing more gratifying that the creative process. I can't get over how that dome has evolved in such a short time! It seems like just yesterday you were erecting the frame, and now. . .well. Beautiful belts as well.

Thank you. We have been astounded how well plants are growing in the dome. Veronika now has 99% success rate with seeds and cultivating small plants -- whereas before in the potting-shed and outside it was less than 50%, which was rather disheartening. Naturally I suggested how about another dome then ...?   with the answer a forgone conclusion ... so it will have double the floor area, be 12 metres in diameter (the first one is 8m), have twice as many parts and triangular windows and errr ... all I have to do is finish the sauna first ... and get on with it. Estimating 6 months work. Aim to buy nearly half a kilometre of metal next week.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:

Thank you. We have been astounded how well plants are growing in the dome. Veronika now has 99% success rate with seeds and cultivating small plants -- whereas before in the potting-shed and outside it was less than 50%, which was rather disheartening. Naturally I suggested how about another dome then ...?   with the answer a forgone conclusion ... so it will have double the floor area, be 12 metres in diameter (the first one is 8m), have twice as many parts and triangular windows and errr ... all I have to do is finish the sauna first ... and get on with it. Estimating 6 months work. Aim to buy nearly half a kilometre of metal next week.

LOL! Just make sure it's done before or after NaPo!

That's a lot of work, but it's so worth it and will be beautiful to boot.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

I can't say that they were delicious, but I can say that they were not inedible ( given I ate the whole box ). They definitely should be deepfried and seasoned for more taste.  I doubt little children would be able to tell that they are made of plant stuff.

https://simulate.com/

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I've never tried those. Do they contain soy? Quorn makes the best, imho. And without soy!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:I've never tried those. Do they contain soy? Quorn makes the best, imho. And without soy!

I think they currently do, but they seem to constantly be changing the ingredient recipe based upon consumer feedback. Once they get the taste and texture locked down, I imagine they will focus on specific health concerns.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said:

LOL! Just make sure it's done before or after NaPo!

That's a lot of work, but it's so worth it and will be beautiful to boot.

I think NaPo will be a welcome half-way break for a month

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Josh said:

I think NaPo will be a welcome half-way break for a month

^ The only person you will ever hear saying that about NaPo.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Go to page:
Go to: