What's [d]up?

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Ahavati said:You should really post photographs of these creations. The desk you made from crates was fabulous!

Oh, Lord. Right now after using the skilsaw, I'm just thankful I have all of my fingers and toes LOL!  i still need to paint the inside and add the shelves.

Ahavati said:It is a beautiful, rainy and cool day today. I am basking lazily between the full moon and equinox energy right now. Work ( and work ) has been pleasant today, and I am looking forward to class this afternoon.

Excellent!

it's cooler here after a storm tore through yesterday evening. Leaves everywhere! There was even a small tornado about 20 minutes away.

https://www.weau.com/2021/09/21/national-weather-service-confirms-ef1-tornado-south-strum-monday-evening/

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Got some flea marketeering in before the thunderstorms hit.

Bought some bling at a jewelry booth where all the proceeds went to a 3 week old boy in the hospital. He was born cesarean section after going without oxygen; the cord had been wrapped around his neck. But the prognosis is good that he'll make a full recovery.

PoetsRevenge
PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States
26awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 594

Hey, guys, sorry I've been so quiet, just dealing with allergies still 😛

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

PoetsRevenge said:Hey, guys, sorry I've been so quiet, just dealing with allergies still 😛

I hear ya. It's that time of the year. On top of it, a fever hit me out of nowhere. I can barely read what I'm typing. You take care!

PoetsRevenge
PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States
26awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 594

JohnnyBlaze said:

I hear ya. It's that time of the year. On top of it, a fever hit me out of nowhere. I can barely read what I'm typing. You take care!

I'm sick this past week too, blurry eye on the side of my head that hurts. I hope the pollen is gone soon, first frost in a few weeks should kill it I hope up here anyway

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

William Shatner goes into space today.

He needs to bottle and share whatever it is he is doing because the man is the most vibrant 90 year old ever!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
111awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 11660

JohnnyBlaze said:William Shatner goes into space today.

He needs to bottle and share whatever it is he is doing because the man is the most vibrant 90 year old ever!

How it started vs How it's going! Good for him! Talk about a lifetime of manifesting!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

How it started vs How it's going! Good for him! Talk about a lifetime of manifesting!

Ha! Exploring Pretend Space paved the way for experiencong Real Space! Amazing!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

This is my new baby! I've been searching for a drum for over two years and finally found one that resonated. This is a hand-painted, 20" horsehide made by a Blackfoot, and almost completes my sound healing tools. All I need now is a rain stick ( been looking for that for over two years as well.

Had a welcome home ceremony this afternoon, Native American four-directions through the fire. The sound on this resonates so deeply you feel the vibration pulse through you clear down into the Earth. There's power when you drum with your ancestors.

https://youtu.be/WYheX_vB4Wc

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:This is my new baby! I've been searching for a drum for over two years and finally found one that resonated. This is a hand-painted, 20" horsehide made by a Blackfoot, and almost completes my sound healing tools. All I need now is a rain stick ( been looking for that for over two years as well.

Had a welcome home ceremony this afternoon, Native American four-directions through the fire. The sound on this resonates so deeply you feel the vibration pulse through you clear down into the Earth. There's power when you drum with your ancestors.

https://youtu.be/WYheX_vB4Wc

Congrats! Patience has paid off.

What's a rain stick ..? It sounds like a yardstick you jab into a puddle to measure how much rain fell during the last storm. Maybe I could rummage through the lawn and sell my sticks on Etsy!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

Congrats! Patience has paid off.

What's a rain stick ..? It sounds like a yardstick you jab into a puddle to measure how much rain fell during the last storm. Maybe I could rummage through the lawn and sell my sticks on Etsy!

A Rainstick is what I'm going to have by Christmas! And THAT will complete my sound healing station in my office. This drum though, Gawd! I wish you could experience it. Talk about down to the bone. And her process is so sacred; I mean she holds a ceremony for the hides; infuses them with sacred herbs through the drying process. It's just beautiful how she creates them. Such a ritual service to a life that once was so it can carry on into the future.

Oh! Here is the back!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Drumming: It's the action that creates the feeling: the doing, not the done. It's so important to teach our children native ways of being and doing to experience traditions.

Similar to a “runner’s high,” drummers’ brains release feel-good endorphins immediately after playing music. In the online journal Evolutionary Psychology, researchers concluded, “it is the active performance of music that generates the endorphin high, not the music itself.”

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:Drumming: It's the action that creates the feeling: the doing, not the done. It's so important to teach our children native ways of being and doing to experience traditions.

Excellent!  It beats [ pun not intended ] teaching them to get to Level 242 on Fortnite or whatever the gaming rage is these days.

And, yes, that's what we have been teaching the children by example in the last 40 or so years - acquire this, acquire that, acquire, acquire, acquire, gain power, level up, acquire, acquire, acquire ...

We think that children are being slothy as they sit at their game consoles for hours on end, but they are merely mirroring modern societal thinking - get skills, get promoted, get raises, get benefits, get this to save time, get that to save money, get likes and followers on Instagram, get, get, get, etc.

And many blindly hack and slash their way through life until they burnout, not because this is all a bad thing, but because the emphasis is on the getting rather than following a career path that actually brings them joy.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The Camillas are blooming again! I beelive I'm seeing more bees now than in spring!

JohnnyBlaze said:

Excellent!  It beats [ pun not intended ] teaching them to get to Level 242 on Fortnite or whatever the gaming rage is these days.

And, yes, that's what we have been teaching the children by example in the last 40 or so years - acquire this, acquire that, acquire, acquire, acquire, gain power, level up, acquire, acquire, acquire ...

We think that children are being slothy as they sit at their game consoles for hours on end, but they are merely mirroring modern societal thinking - get skills, get promoted, get raises, get benefits, get this to save time, get that to save money, get likes and followers on Instagram, get, get, get, etc.

And many blindly hack and slash their way through life until they burnout, not because this is all a bad thing, but because the emphasis is on the getting rather than following a career path that actually brings them joy.

My grandprecious doesn't even own a phone yet! He's too young, imho. We'll discuss it when he's 12 ( which is only about 5 months away - eek! ).  Nope, we have sound healing, Archangel academy, crystal education, oracle cards, and many other things in the too-few hours I have him every day.

Right now he's well-balanced and humble. He likes to be clean and never had a cavity, but it doesn't matter to him what he wears, i.e. - name or off brand, etc.  They grow up so fast and change so much. But I have been blessed. <3

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
38awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1118

Been away from DUP for 3 months but meanwhile have become somewhat obsessive again with tablet-weaving ... a prototype hand-woven dog-lead ...

Go to page:
Go to: