What's [d]up?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
109awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 11206

The day we were all Americans regardless of gender, race, color, creed, or political/religious affiliation.

"No day shall erase you from the memory of time." ~Virgil

And yet, it has.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5498

It happened during a time when my parents were not seeing eye to eye on where they were going to live after their house burned from a lightning strike. So they were living with me with all of their stuff, my special needs half sister, and their dog. My household was rife with chaose and division.

9/11 was a wound that when x-rayed revealed the United States was likewise a house divided, its residents at odds with how to proceed - rise above with the promise of a new future that does not let reactions and fears dictate the outcome - or - give in to an array of insecurities replete with justifications.

Events or opportunities that could have brought people closer together led to the opposite. Not a pleasant time all around.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:It happened during a time when my parents were not seeing eye to eye on where they were going to live after their house burned from a lightning strike. So they were living with me with all of their stuff, my special needs half sister, and their dog. My household was rife with chaose and division.

9/11 was a wound that when x-rayed revealed the United States was likewise a house divided, its residents at odds with how to proceed - rise above with the promise of a new future that does not let reactions and fears dictate the outcome - or - give in to an array of insecurities replete with justifications.

Events or opportunities that could have brought people closer together led to the opposite. Not a pleasant time all around.

See I saw the opposite shortly afterward. I saw people coming together as one. Of course, it didn't last long, which was the point of my post; however, it did happen for a brief period in time. And it was magical despite the tragic nature of its birth.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

See I saw the opposite shortly afterward. I saw people coming together as one. Of course, it didn't last long, which was the point of my post; however, it did happen for a brief period in time. And it was magical despite the tragic nature of its birth.

Yep, it was magical, up until that unity was sadly exploited with the Iraq Invasion and the fires of bigotry were stoked for political gain.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

It ain't always pretty! But it is always worth it. <3

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:It ain't always pretty! But it is always worth it. <3

Can't wait to see the Americas get checked out of the hospital after 5+ centuries!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

A'Ho!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

This weekend was hectic but productive! The movers finally made it out and removed the last of the big furniture that's exiting the premises! I am so excited. Now the painters can come in and get busy while the weather is mild. This time of the year is when I absolutely LOVE living in the south. It will stay this way until November! Spent most of the morning outdoors viewing the colors. Had an unusual little golden cricket jump out and face me when cleaning the patio. It just sat there, so I spoke to it lovingly.

"Ah Grasshoppah", he say, "Good fortune is on the way."

Here I was thinking I was already the richest person on earth!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:This weekend was hectic but productive! The movers finally made it out and removed the last of the big furniture that's exiting the premises! I am so excited. Now the painters can come in and get busy while the weather is mild. This time of the year is when I absolutely LOVE living in the south. It will stay this way until November! Spent most of the morning outdoors viewing the colors. Had an unusual little golden cricket jump out and face me when cleaning the patio. It just sat there, so I spoke to it lovingly.

"Ah Grasshoppah", he say, "Good fortune is on the way."

Here I was thinking I was already the richest person on earth!

Oh, my! A golden cricket with your golden ticket! Can't say I've ever seen one that color before. But I prolly have ... and thought it was green LOL

Glad to hear the Sanctuary is almost complete!

After a Halloween movie scarathon lazy assed weekend, it's back to yard and housework.

And I can breathe a little freer now that my kitty with Lymes is back to normal body function after 17 days of antibiotics so far. She has even ventured out from her bunker to spend a few hours in the catio.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Happy to hear of your kitty. Yeah, every cricket I've seen has been dark. This almost shocked me because I'd never seen one before. As in, my entire life. It was a lovely exchange and considered extremely lucky.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Today is this handsome young man's birthday. He is the baby, the little boy, the rebellious teenager, the young man, and the responsible man who blessed me with not just Motherhood, but Nanahood as well. Both are hoods I am proud to live in!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:Today is this handsome young man's birthday. He is the baby, the little boy, the rebellious teenager, the young man, and the responsible man who blessed me with not just Motherhood, but Nanahood as well. Both are hoods I am proud to live in!

Happy Birthday to your multi-faceted manchild!  ❤🎁🎂🎈

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

Happy Birthday to your multi-faceted manchild!  ❤🎁🎂🎈

Done! He says thank you! <3

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

Done! He says thank you! <3

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

This multifaceted manchild with a much older body can't handle DIY home projects like I use to. I replaced an electrical outlet in the kitchen, then cut apart a bathtub to make it a step in shower. I feel like I was in a wrestling match with Hulk Hogan! 😣

Go to page:
Go to: