What's [d]up?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Ahavati said:I will be so happy when these readings are complete! I feel like I have cards coming out of the wazoo!

Aye, knowledge is meant to come forth from within the deck of cards, but the deck of cards themselves are not meant to come forth from within you!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

JohnnyBlaze said:

Aye, knowledge is meant to come forth from within the deck of cards, but the deck of cards themselves are not meant to come forth from within you!

LOL!

Today it's RAIN, glorious RAIN, thus washing away the smoke from wildfires. Combined with the excessive heat, the smoke make it virtually impossible to breathe outside. I repotted six plants yesterday, who are now loving this rain!

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1127

Loving the pictures. I will attempt to post some of our sunflowers. I'm new here and a bit obsessed. All good here except for a bit of hay fever today.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

This is over 2m tall

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Alternate view

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Wafflenose said:This is over 2m tall

Beautiful! LOVE sunflowers! They have been extreme this year too! I am wondering if it's because of the excessive heat ( here, anyway ).

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Love them too. One of my earliest memories is of a sunflower patch near the little house on the prairie I grew up in.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

I'm savouring a bit of peace and quiet now.  I had four shrieking, overexcited 13 year old girls here for the best part of 24 hours.  Only one of them is mine!  Her older sister had the good sense to go out to a sleepover of her own!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

^ Kids! Teenagers at that! Been there and done that x's two; now I have a grandson so have been doing it all over again! Except this time its much more fun.

I am currently basking in 72 degree weather! It was only 65 when I woke up this morning. These cooler temperatures and rain were desperately needed. The grass was beginning to yellow from drought.

I can smell autumn in the air and there are leaves falling!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

It's currently 79 degrees, Accuweather says it feels like 89, my body swears it is 99 and the hair on my legs is bursting into flame. Yardwork is for the birds!

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Hope everyone is OK today. I slept incredibly badly because of my hayfever, being hot and stuffy (because I shut all the windows) and in pain, randomly. I'm now in a predictably horrible mood.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Wafflenose said:Hope everyone is OK today. I slept incredibly badly because of my hayfever, being hot and stuffy (because I shut all the windows) and in pain, randomly. I'm now in a predictably horrible mood.

Yikes. You have my sympathies. I can relate. The farm I live on is a jungle of weeds surrounded by weed infested hay fields.

Ahavati saved my life by introducing me to Ridgecrest herbal supplements. And two BlueAir filters have done wonders purifying my airspace.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

I'm feeling spectacularly pissed off, but realise it's me being unreasonable, rather than the rest of the universe.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Off to get some medical screening done before they shove a camera up where the sun never shines. That's what you get for turning 50 - everybody with a medical degree wants to be all up in your business.

Go to page:
Go to: