Go to page:

What's [d]up?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
107awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10830


Today is The United States of America's 261st Anniversary of their Independence from Britain by winning the Revolutionary War (17751783)! Many will ( and have ) celebrated with fireworks, cookouts, and family and friend gatherings in places stemming from the mountains to the beaches from sea to shining sea!

However you celebrate today, I pray it's a peaceful and safe holiday!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
21awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5249

Ahavati said:Today is The United States of America's 261st Anniversary of their Independence from Britain by winning the Revolutionary War (17751783)! Many will ( and have ) celebrated with fireworks, cookouts, and family and friend gatherings in places stemming from the mountains to the beaches from sea to shining sea!

However you celebrate today, I pray it's a peaceful and safe holiday!


Yikes. Holiday Weekend Interruptus. I'm waiting for a surgery update on an 11 year old Schnauzer with a bladder full of stones after an emergency trip to the vet in the middle of the night.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
107awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10830

JohnnyBlaze said:

Yikes. Holiday Weekend Interruptus. I'm waiting for a surgery update on an 11 year old Schnauzer with a bladder full of stones after an emergency trip to the vet in the middle of the night.


Hope everything is alright. Nothing like a sick puppy.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
21awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5249

Ahavati said:

Hope everything is alright. Nothing like a sick puppy.


Thank you. He's on the mend after a more complicated surgery than anticipated. I'll get a progress report from the vet later. He may able to come home tomorrow. Thank the Universe there was money set aside for this because the bill is at least $2,000 at the moment.

DarkPopPrincess
DarkPopPrincess
Princess Alia
Lost Thinker
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 30th June 2021
Forum Posts: 3

Making a partial joke here but I'm pretty sure my recent song lyrics on here sum up what's up with me this very moment... 🤣😅

SLYMBEKQUEEN
SLYMBEKQUEEN
BLAZE-QUEEN
Fire of Insight
Namibia
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th Apr 2021
Forum Posts: 24

whats up baby girl?

DarkPopPrincess
DarkPopPrincess
Princess Alia
Lost Thinker
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 30th June 2021
Forum Posts: 3

Oh nothing :p just the usual wanting someone I shouldn't

SLYMBEKQUEEN
SLYMBEKQUEEN
BLAZE-QUEEN
Fire of Insight
Namibia
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th Apr 2021
Forum Posts: 24

lol well thats trouble

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
107awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10830

JohnnyBlaze said:

Thank you. He's on the mend after a more complicated surgery than anticipated. I'll get a progress report from the vet later. He may able to come home tomorrow. Thank the Universe there was money set aside for this because the bill is at least $2,000 at the moment.


So sorry to hear about poor Paco. xo

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
21awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5249

Ahavati said:

So sorry to hear about poor Paco. xo


Thank you. At least he is reunited with his brother and his human mama.

xo

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
107awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10830


Current, erm, recent view! I have finally found an acceptable substitute for cheddar cheese! Now if I could only find one for Feta? :/

JohnnyBlaze said:

Thank you. At least he is reunited with his brother and his human mama.

xo


xo

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
107awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10830


Been wanting this deck for a very long time; I love Maps, particularly ancient ones. Initiating her this afternoon. Almost finished with reading about and infusing my energy with each card. Can't wait to bless it and draw for myself!

Fallen_Angel_194
Fallen_Angel_194
Angel.
Thought Provoker
United States
5awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th May 2014
Forum Posts: 313

Pardon my intrusion, but I know that I'm among experienced talented writers here, and I finally finished my book, and now I have no idea how to get it off the ground to be published. Any thoughts?

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
21awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5249

Fallen_Angel_194 said:Pardon my intrusion, but I know that I'm among experienced talented writers here, and I finally finished my book, and now I have no idea how to get it off the ground to be published. Any thoughts?

Firstly, you should find a few people who are knowledgeable about poetry and the language you intend to publish in. Prefferably 3 persons and let's say it is English. You want to them to determine if you are using correct grammar and punctuation, and these persons can also alert you to any mispellings while they review.

The reason for the above is to ensure that what you are communicating is getting across to your readers. This is crucial if you're the type of writer who is concerned with how your poems are being interpreted. If readers are drawing bizarre conclusions about what you are saying, improper use of English may be part of the problem.

Even if you write masterfully with English, your readers may still have trouble understanding what you are saying. Your reviewers having a knowledge of poetry can point out areas where you can make improvements. If you aren't concerned with how your work is interpreted, then this step isn't as crucial.

Once you've done the above, then decide if you want a publisher or you want to self publish.  

And if you've done the above, a publisher won't reject you based on the quality of your writing. A rejection will then likely be based on originality or there simply being too many poets and not enough publishers at the moment.

Your reviewers can help you determine if your poetry stands out in the crowd or gets lost within it.

If this is more of a hobby for you in which you'd be satisfied with just supplementing your income while sharing your writing with friends and family, do the above and consider self publishing. Then not only will you be published, you'll have a record of your sales as proof to any publishers that your poetry is selling and there is a demand for it.

Dine_With_69
Dine_With_69
Strange Creature
  profile   poems   message
Joined 6th July 2021
Forum Posts: 6

Hello DUP peeps. I'm feeling blessed to make it to my 45th birthday tomorrow. So many have died over the last year. Can't take life for granted. Can be gone in the blink of an eye.

Go to page:
Go to: