Go to page:

What's [d]up?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Not to be confused with other threads; use this one to inform other members what's going on with you today or this week or even the past month. A way to keep others informed minus the duckmouthed selfies on Instagram we all want to Elmer Fudd with a cartoon or real shotgun.

For example,

Hey, DUPeeps out there ( who could care less ), I just want to take this moment to apologize for slacking off on poem comments. It's been a rough couple of months between NaPoWriMo 2021 ( busy busy busy ) and an ongoing illness resulting in a death in the family.

Aside from debillitating allergies going on 60 or so days. Because Wisconsin can't make up it's fucking mind about it being Spring or Winter still. On a scale of 1 to 10 ( ten being excruciating ), I'm currently at a 3 for a refreshing change of pace with the aid of liquor and a scalding hot bath relieving the tension in my neck from sinus pressure.  

So . . . there.

Okie dokie. Please use this thread as it was intended ( don't spam your latest poems or raps ).

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

I'm still recovering as well. 😜

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:I'm still recovering as well. 😜

And will be for the remainder of May at least LOL. 😑

Hey, DUP, today I will be out of the office for at least 3 hours getting 3 kittites neutered and spayed at an animal shelter that does it for 1/3rd of the price your typical vet does.

The number for today is 3, as in the Three Stooges, whom they are named after. Moe, Larry, & Curly.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I think it's absolutely amazing what you do for those animals. For those at DUP who may not be aware, Johnny is from a rural area, and began taking stray cats under his care when the shelters were full. He feeds, vets, and loves them at his own expense. Most are special needs cats, so adoption isn't really an option. I honestly don't know how he does it at times.

But, we need more people like him.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:I think it's absolutely amazing what you do for those animals. For those at DUP who may not be aware, Johnny is from a rural area, and began taking stray cats under his care when the shelters were full. He feeds, vets, and loves them at his own expense. Most are special needs cats, so adoption isn't really an option. I honestly don't know how he does it at times.

But, we need more people like him.

Awww. xo

Though it's much easier when you have no social life of your own LOL

The current tally is 25 cats and 5 dogs indoors, and 10 cats outdoors.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1664

JohnnyBlaze said:

Awww. xo

Though it's much easier when you have no social life of your own LOL

The current tally is 25 cats and 5 dogs indoors, and 10 cats outdoors.

I'm currently running a daily soup kitchen for 3 cats - but there's no way they're coming in the house. Our one resident cat wouldn't speak to me anymore.
Meanwhile it's the busiest time on the quinta / in the garden. Flower displays abound.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:

I'm currently running a daily soup kitchen for 3 cats - but there's no way they're coming in the house. Our one resident cat wouldn't speak to me anymore.
Meanwhile it's the busiest time on the quinta / in the garden. Flower displays abound.

I don't know how he does it, Josh. Well, I do. . .lots of air filters and constant cleaning; but, that's a different story. Lovely flowers, btw. I am anxious to see your completed hexagon.

This is Kali ( as in Kali the Goddess of fire ). I was able to get ahold of and rescue her from my yard a few months back. My soup kitchen for her mother ( a gorgeous black Persian ), and her father ( an orange Tabby ), as well as a beautiful white male Siamese operates daily as well. They are all too feral to capture unless we plant traps, which the neighbors are discussing. All of us feed them daily, so they're quite healthy.

We still need to catch and have them inoculated, spayed and neutered so our little population remains both healthy AND little. LOL!

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said:

I don't know how he does it, Josh. Well, I do. . .lots of air filters and constant cleaning; but, that's a different story. Lovely flowers, btw. I am anxious to see your completed hexagon.

This is Kali ( as in Kali the Goddess of fire ). I was able to get ahold of and rescue her from my yard a few months back. My soup kitchen for her mother ( a gorgeous black Persian ), and her father ( an orange Tabby ), as well as a beautiful white male Siamese operates daily as well. They are all too feral to capture unless we plant traps, which the neighbors are discussing. All of us feed them daily, so they're quite healthy.

We still need to catch and have them inoculated, spayed and neutered so our little population remains both healthy AND little. LOL!

That looks like an interesting mix of cat heritage - not seen one like that before - looks comfortably at home though.

By "completed hexagon", did you mean the geodesic greenhouse? Well, here's a recent pic.
Doing the inside now, with grow-boxes, and have planted a lime, a lemon, and a sweet-lemon tree. We have a dozen other citrus trees outside but winters are becoming colder in recent years and they suffer from frost.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

Still recovering from inuendo and backdoor spite...................in the meantime, during this respite,
am educating neighbors about why they should not be feeding the wildlife who frequents our areas (other than it makes it not quite safe for my midnight walks).  Other than this, i am just trying out new ways to cope with the southern Arizona summer heat - so far so good.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:

That looks like an interesting mix of cat heritage - not seen one like that before - looks comfortably at home though.

By "completed hexagon", did you mean the geodesic greenhouse? Well, here's a recent pic.
Doing the inside now, with grow-boxes, and have planted a lime, a lemon, and a sweet-lemon tree. We have a dozen other citrus trees outside but winters are becoming colder in recent years and they suffer from frost.

Never have been good with names, Josh. Hexagon was better than 'triangle thingy'. That's absolutely stunning! I can't believe you literally built that! Fabulous!

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1112

This is one corner of my teeny home office. Like, about 8'x10' teeny. By all accounts it is a lovely room to work in, with a window out to the trees and a corn snake named Houdini for an office mate. Well ok, it's a little cluttered, but that's just me... clutter follows me like the dust around Pigpen's head.

I have nothing to report. I'm doing the same damn thing I've been doing for what seems like forever. Occasionally a teenager will want my attention for a moment, usually about which crappy freezer food they're allowed to eat. Sometimes there's a meeting with interesting people. Mostly I'm just sitting here creating content that no one's going to look at, for a project that got completely fucked by covid but no one had the sense to pull the plug. Heck, I'm getting paid so I mustn't complain. But I'd sure love a change of scenery! As much as I love my little office, I would focus on my work so much better if I was back in my local cafe with all the annoying loudmouths around me.... how I miss them now! Sadly that place burned down a few months into the pandemic, so I'll have to find a new haunt, when we're allowed.

So, that's what's up.... perhaps after a third coffee I'll be more cheerful. And then I'll tell you something more interesting, like crazy stories about my very special-needs dog.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

Such a pretty kitty! <3

Josh said:

I think I saw that on an episode of LOST. It was the room Desmond sat in for 2 years while pushing a button to keep the Earth from exploding.

brokentitanium said:This is one corner of my teeny home office. Like, about 8'x10' teeny. By all accounts it is a lovely room to work in, with a window out to the trees and a corn snake named Houdini for an office mate. Well ok, it's a little cluttered, but that's just me... clutter follows me like the dust around Pigpen's head.

I have nothing to report. I'm doing the same damn thing I've been doing for what seems like forever. Occasionally a teenager will want my attention for a moment, usually about which crappy freezer food they're allowed to eat. Sometimes there's a meeting with interesting people. Mostly I'm just sitting here creating content that no one's going to look at, for a project that got completely fucked by covid but no one had the sense to pull the plug. Heck, I'm getting paid so I mustn't complain. But I'd sure love a change of scenery! As much as I love my little office, I would focus on my work so much better if I was back in my local cafe with all the annoying loudmouths around me.... how I miss them now! Sadly that place burned down a few months into the pandemic, so I'll have to find a new haunt, when we're allowed.

So, that's what's up.... perhaps after a third coffee I'll be more cheerful. And then I'll tell you something more interesting, like crazy stories about my very special-needs dog.

I was beginning to wonder if corn snakes had legs and that little guy was Houdini crawling up the wall LOL

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said:

Never have been good with names, Josh. Hexagon was better than 'triangle thingy'. That's absolutely stunning! I can't believe you literally built that! Fabulous!

No worries. Thank you for the complement. Still working on a poem which will be accompanied by 20+ pictures of the building of it. It's my lockdown-project. Inspired of course by having lived in Cornwall for over 10 years and not far from The Eden Project, built in a disused open-cast mine near where we used to live. [I started out life as a mining engineer].
Check out The Eden Project here:  https://www.edenproject.com/
You can take a virtual tour of the Mediterranean Biome too.

{Now we have our own mini-Eden here in Portugal.   }  
I'll post a pic of the inside when the flow-form water cascade is up and running. Trying to learn about pumps and water-flow at the moment whilst I'm building it.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:

No worries. Thank you for the complement. Still working on a poem which will be accompanied by 20+ pictures of the building of it. It's my lockdown-project. Inspired of course by having lived in Cornwall for over 10 years and not far from The Eden Project, built in a disused open-cast mine near where we used to live. [I started out life as a mining engineer].
Check out The Eden Project here:  https://www.edenproject.com/
You can take a virtual tour of the Mediterranean Biome too.

{Now we have our own mini-Eden here in Portugal.   }  
I'll post a pic of the inside when the flow-form water cascade is up and running. Trying to learn about pumps and water-flow at the moment whilst I'm building it.

Looking forward to seeing all of that; and will check out the link as time permits today. Thank you for sharing.

Go to page:
Go to: