Page:

Dreamscapes & Nightmares

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Had a nocturnal getaway perplexing you so much that you would appreciate an interpretation of it? Why not let a fellow member of DUP take a crack at solving the mystery?  

Who else is equipped to give you an answer if not a poet?  < rhetorical

My origins as a writer of poetry actually began with the study of dream symbology. There is an art to writing down a dream in a journal. If you do it with as few words as possible, but without leaving out any details, the result is poetry ( as opposed to wordy prose ). Though not necessarily good poetry LOL! However, you save a lot of time spent journaling your dreams, as this acts as a form of shorthand.  

As for requesting an interpretation, well ... be sure to provide all of a dream's  details as it actually happened. Otherwise, you run the risk of receiving a half assed to mostly inaccurate interpretation.

Think of this is as poetic exercise.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

When journaling a dream you've had, there is usually a need to write it down quickly before you forget any of its details. This is where shorthand becomes invaluable.

As writers who share our writings with other people, we are often conditioned to use excess language in describing things. "I was trying to ...", "At that very moment, It felt like I was ...", "It was some time after midnight that I...", etc.

You don't need all that extra wording if you are the only one allowed to read your dream journal!

Here is an example of a dream journal entry with excess language stripped out, but still readable by people other than me. It is a compromise, because as far as note-taking goes, it is still needlessly wordy.

6/21/2021

Daytime. Driving. Icy multi lane interstate highway.
Growing nervous of sliding into a nearby tractor-trailer.
More ice, climbing hill.
At risk of slowing, considering downshifting, then accelerating.
Hill so steep and icy, traffic ahead is sliding backwards.
Standing on brakes, I prevent likewise from happening to me.
Standstill, keeping car in front from sliding any further as well.
Hill now a vertical wall.
Other driver, woman, losing her dress shoes due to gravity.
Reaching upwards, helping put her shoes back on.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14528

You're paying it forward to prevent going backward is what I picked up. 💰🚙

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2282

shorthand and or cryptics and symbols and don't forget them ampersands  

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:You're paying it forward to prevent going backward is what I picked up. 💰🚙

An interesting interpretation. Thank you! 😊

The multi lanes gave me an impression that it involved helping another or others during a journey in which everyone progresses at differing rates.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

An interesting interpretation. Thank you! 😊

The multi lanes gave me an impression that it involved helping another or others during a journey in which everyone progresses at differing rates.

See I associated that with fear of deviating from your path, as in doing such would involve a tractor trailer and potential disaster.

Paying it forward is helping others.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

See I associated that with fear of deviating from your path, as in doing such would involve a tractor trailer and potential disaster.

Fascinating that we arrivied at a common denominator!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

In dwelling on the dream this morning, I received the impression that the tractor-trailer could symbolize being in the routine of helping others receive what they need. That is a form of paying it forward.

Recently I posed a question to my subconscious: Am I making progress towards my goals or just spinning my wheels?

The dream appears to be addressing that question.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

In dwelling on the dream this morning, I received the impression that the tractor-trailer could symbolize being in the routine of helping others receive what they need. That is a form of paying it forward.

Recently I posed a question to my subconscious: Am I making progress towards my goals or just spinning my wheels?

I might agree if fear of crashing wasn't associated with the dream. I do agree that the dream symbolizes moving forward, and even preventing others from pushing you backward. I would add that there could be inherent danger ( perhaps to your spirit ) if you deviate from the path, as symbolized by the tractor trailer.

We cannot help others unless we are helping ourselves in a parallel fashion.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

I might agree if fear of crashing wasn't associated with the dream. I do agree that the dream symbolizes moving forward, and even preventing others from pushing you backward. I would add that there could be inherent danger ( perhaps to your spirit ) if you deviate from the path, as symbolized by the tractor trailer.

We cannot help others unless we are helping ourselves in a parallel fashion.

That's an interesting choice of words. Because I'm driving along side of the big truck in what seems to be a little truck I once owned. We are travelling parallel.

Ultimately, I think the message is to focus more on being where I want to be. Because when I feel like I am spinning my wheels, it's in reaction to what appears to be a lack of progress currently around me, and that in itself is cause for losing momentum to the point of a standstill.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1731

JohnnyBlaze said:

In this regard (bold text) you might find it interesting to read case studies of LBL (Life Between Lives) for which you can find more info here: https://www.newtoninstitute.org/
I'm currently reading "Wisdom of Souls" (one of their books) which I find fascinating - though the concept is not new having read The PathWork Lectures (all 258 of them!) some years ago.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Josh said:
In this regard (bold text) you might find it interesting to read case studies of LBL (Life Between Lives) for which you can find more info here: https://www.newtoninstitute.org/
I'm currently reading "Wisdom of Souls" (one of their books) which I find fascinating - though the concept is not new having read The PathWork Lectures (all 258 of them!) some years ago.

First time I am hearing of Newton. Great stuff, Josh.

Page:
Go to: