Go to page:

The Gathering Place ( Modalities of Divination )

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

Thank you, Rianne. I enjoyed that message very much. Emotion ( or feeling ) is our innate compass. Something may look pretty ( such as an oracle deck ); however, how does that deck make you * feel * ? That's what it all boils down to.

Last question before moving onto PART II of Becoming an Oracle ( unless there are more questions after this ). I wanted to take some time in meditation over this question, which is why I waited a few days before responding ( my apologies—I was not avoiding ).

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Readology*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Q. What if you are a Christian? Doesn't the bible forbid  us to seek answers outside of God?

Okay, firstly, let me list my qualifications in answering this question. A decade after attending college for law & journalism, I returned for third-world missions and counseling. I served Central America as a missionary, was a biblical teacher, and served as a counselor to several churches. This included couples and individual seeking a place in the world. And while I feel I am completely qualified to answer the above question, I also would like to remind you that your life course is your own; thus, the ultimate decision is yours alone. We must each follow our heart regardless of what others think.

Having said that, yes, there are places in the bible where it is written to avoid such practices:

(9) When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. (10) There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. (11) Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. (12) For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. (13) Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.

– Deuteronomy 18:9-13

I would ask you to read the above verse from the perspective of those enemies to which it refers: thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. These are the nations who sacrificed children and used their gifts for negative and dark purposes.

Let's review some other verses:

The servant answered Saul again and said, “Behold, I have in my hand a fourth of a shekel of silver; I will give it to the man of God and he will tell us our way.” (Formerly in Israel, when a man went to inquire of God, he used to say, “Come, and let us go to the seer”; for he who is called a prophet now was formerly called a seer.) ~ 1 Samuel 9:8-9

This verse denotes that it's acceptable to be a seer ( or prophet ) if you are not abominable ( sacrificing children, etc. ). To me, this reinforces the initial verse I shared in regards to the use of gifts for such abominations. If your heart is pure, and your intent for the greater good of humanity, that's a far cry from sacrificing children or young virgins.

Let's look at more verses:

For when David was up in the morning, the word of the LORD came unto the prophet Gad, David's seer, saying, ~ 2-Samuel/24/11

The Lord spoke to Gad, David’s seer, saying,
~ 1 Chronicles 21:9

King David was favored and he consulted a seer himself. God actually communicated to David through a seer ( or prophet ), proving mediumship is acceptable if it's done in a pure fashion.

Moreover, David and the commanders of the army set apart for the service some of the sons of Asaph and of Heman and of Jeduthun, who were to prophesy with lyres, harps and cymbals ~ 1 Chronicles 25:1-5

Sound healing is one of the most ancient forms of meditation and receiving messages there is. I have a gong and a singing bowl that I use often to resonate with the Universe ( God, Source Energy, et al ).

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. ~ I John 4:1

For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. ~ 2 Peter 1:2

Though many have opinions of what the Holy Spirit is, mine is that it's Divine Inspiration gifted to seekers who desire to know truth in the name of Love. I seek truth in the name of Love, and answers are provided for me from many sources which part my human veil of confusion and doubt with clarity. I am being blessed for that, and those I help are being blessed as well.

If the proof is in the pudding, and the pudding sets firmly from pain to relief, from need to have, from sickness to health, from confusion to clarity, I would say that's all the proof I need. My life is living proof, and it's constantly expanding.

I don't want to get too deep into this, because this is not a religious discussion, or the rights and wrong behaviour of Christian's thread. The bottom line is this: Whatever you do in purity of heart and for the greater good is Love. And that is what Jesus taught: Love.

I felt led to draw a card after typing the above; it's from the White Light Oracle by Alana Fairchild.

No. 27 AURORA OF GAMMA

It is time to let go of what has been. You are swiftly outgrowing your past. Explore and commit to a spiritual practice that supports your personal transformation so that you can cross the threshold before you now. Embrace your freedom to be creative in your approach, rather than doggedly committing yourself to your previous ideas or plans. You have the spiritual intelligence necessary to evolve. Continue your healing journey with trust that a positive outcome is imminent.

Why does that sound so familiar to me? Oh, Yes. . .

"The days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant [ . . . ] I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 11No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest.~ Hebrews 8:6-13

Jesus said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind.' This is the greatest and the first commandment. And the second is like it, 'Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.' On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets. Matthew 22:35-40

Listen to your heart; it will lead you home.

I hope that helps alleviate your doubt.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

And so it is.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Thank you, Rianne. Kyle Gray is very genuine. I Love his work with the angels and angel oracles. I call forth several throughout the day in accordance to my needs.

A little image here, than after lunch I hope to focus on Part II now that ( I think ) I've addressed everyone's questions.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

PART II: Clearing Energy & Connecting to the Deck

You've selected a deck you're absolutely in love with! You love the images and the way you feel when holding it.  You've clutter-cleared and created a sacred space just for reading, and you've cleansed yourself and energy field. You've also called in protection to surround you so that you receive pure direction from the cards.

Now it's time to clear and connect your energy with the deck's energy. Below are some excellent tips to ensure you get the most out of your reading.

CLEARING THE DECK. Always clear your deck the first time, and especially between uses. After I've cleansed, I like to rub the Scent of Samadhi ; it's an ancient scent that activates something inside me. It immediately grounds me into a meditative state. You can use your favorite essential oil. Inhale three times: one for yourself; two for others; three for Source ( God, Universe, Creator ), then feel the magic.

Shuffling the cards first assists in cleansing them; it breathes fresh air and energy which begins to dispel any lingering energy from those who've handled it: printers, packers, etc.

1. Tap Method.

With the intention of knocking out any lingering or stagnant/old energy, tap the deck three times. Once stagnant energy moves, the deck becomes revitalized.

2. Bell Method.

Sound therapy is one of the most ancient forms of healing; this pertains to card decks as well. Simply ring the bell over the cards three times. Again, with previously mentioned intention.

3. Drum Method.

This is one of my favorite methods. Simply hold the card to the back of a drum so that the vibration and sound penetrate the deck. A simple "heartbeat" rhythm is Universal, and you can also add the Native American words, Hey Ya, which mean Spirit Come, I invite you into the space.

4. Singing/Crystal Bowl Method.

Another one of my favorites, only because I am partial to sound healing. For a singing bowl, you place the bowl directly atop the cards. For a crystal bowl, you can set the cards directly in the bowl ( depending on size ) then sing ( ring ).

5. Heart Energy Method.

Hold the cards against your heart and allow your energy to surge into the cards from your heart. Ask your Spirit Guide/s to enter the cards and keep them sparkling clean.

6. Fire Method.

Candle: When you light the flame, be very focused on intent ( as you would prior to ritual ). Hold the deck above the flame. Do Not Speak! You will intuit when they're cleansed.

Sage ( Sweetgrass, Palo Santo ): Hold the deck above the smoke and allow the smoke to permeate both the cards and your own energy.

7. Breath of Life Method.

There is power in the breath; the breath sustains life. If you have no other ritual tools, know that your hands and your breath are enough to clear a deck. Focus your intent, very clearly. Then extend three puffs of breath to cleanse the cards.

8. Hand Method.

Hold your hands over the deck and imagine your life penetrating the cards. Visualize a Rainbow of Light coming out of your hand into the cards.

9. Light Method.

Place your cards out in the sun on black silk for at least an hour - if using Moon/Starlight then use a white fabric.

Tips:

• Make sure you allow the cards to breathe ( just as a good wine ) before use.

• Don't forget to thank and bless your ritual tools, as well as your guides, angels, and Source.

Part III will cover various card readings: one card, three card, etc. Remember, you've done this before.

♡☆◇Stay inspired.◇☆♡

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Little bit of Friday fun. . .never stop dreaming.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

( Art: Autumn Skye )

You are made of the same as thunder and lightning.
Of the galaxies.
The ocean.
The centre of the earth.
Because of that you mend.
You heal.
You live to tell the story.
The song of Mother Earth awakened in your heart the more natural you allow yourself to be.
Sure you change for every break along the way.
But in change you redefine your limits. You are deeper in on the path of the boundless.
You are free because you change.
You are free when you allow your heart to be shattered by life's beauty and tragedy.
Truly there are silver linings everywhere.
Everywhere.
In knowing we mend, and living as though we do and will, we honour the stars that are dead in time but are alight in timelessness forever.
We are realising our light that has always been.
The dark helps us so.
You are timeless.
Say nay to the world of limits knocking on your door.
You don't need corners to hide in.
You were made for open fields.
Let the blood you spill nourish the soil, the soul of the earth, below you.
Leave the old, worn carpets you have gotten stuck to behind.
You can mend and you will again and again, as many times as your heart says is needed.
Believe nothing else for yourself.
Let your living be the thing that mends you.

~ S.C. Lourie, Open fields

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Being out in nature has pulled me to the Herbiary Deck by Maia Toll today.

MUGWORT: Between Dreams

Mugwort is the daughter of Moonlight and protector of those who travel in dreamtime. She lives in the twilight space between deep sleep and waking.

She can curl around your mind and assists you climb levels of consciousness as well as guiding your return back to your waking self. She has the ability to guide you through the serpentine paths and layered worlds of the collective unconscious.

Call on her to guide you through your dreams or journey work. If Mugwort appears to you, she's calling you to dip into these subtler realms. Why not slip  a fresh sprig or some dried Mugwort ( in a pouch wrapped in cloth or a tissue ) into your pillow case?

Set your intention to remember your dreams by sitting on the edge of your bed with your arms extended, as though you're stretching to the stars, and starlight is reaching for your crown. Call of magic of Mugwort. Keep a journal beside your bed, opened to a fresh page. If you wake in the night, write down anything you remember without turning on your light. Yes, your handwriting will be messy, but you'll lose the dream more quickly if you leave the darkness.

In the morning before you're fully awake, lie in bed with your eyes closed and pull your dreams into your conscious mind. Reach for your journal and write them down in the present tense, as though they are currently happening. It may take a few days of having the journal by the bed to encourage your subconscious to carry your dreams to the surface.

Be patient with yourself! And most importantly, BELIEVE.

♡☆◇Stay inspired, Poets.◇☆♡

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Uhh, wow.

Other than a few dreams I've shared with you, this morning was the first time in 25 years I felt a strong urge to (re)start dream journaling and resume analyzing them.

edit:

I bit the bullet by recording the dream I had before waking up this morning ( still remembered it ) and pasting it into this thread I started a week or so ago.

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/11916/

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Well there you go. Affirmation is a powerful magic if you choose to believe. 📝❤

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

😊📝❤

Ahavati said:In the morning before you're fully awake, lie in bed with your eyes closed and pull your dreams into your conscious mind. Reach for your journal and write them down in the present tense, as though they are currently happening. It may take a few days of having the journal by the bed to encourage your subconscious to carry your dreams to the surface.

Whenever I stay in the same position I woke up in, I have better luck recaling.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

A gentle reminder.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

What do you do when you break your selenite wand into five pieces?! You thank the Universe you have five brand new pieces of selenite for doorways, etc. Then revel over the gift of a beautifully crafted spiral wand. 🌠

Go to page:
Go to: