Go to page:

The Gathering Place ( Modalities of Divination )

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

JohnnyBlaze said:

I woke up with about 10 minutes to spare before our reddish ruddy friend began to disappear behind the tips of fir trees populating the hill across the street.

xo

I was most likely right out with you! It was so cloudy here it really affected the lighting.

JohnnyBlaze said:My path is clear of clutter, everything is lined up perfectly like an eclipse, and events to come await in an amazing choreography of dominoes.

xo

Awesome sauce. Walk on without worry!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

(Art: Rikka)

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Moonology ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Phew! Let's post something light and restful today! I was outside waaaaay past midnight last night recharging myself along with my crystals. Even my selenite slabs, charging bowls, and towers received a Super Moon bath!

The energy was pulsing and so peaceful in the early hours of the morning, particularly around 2-3 AM. It's almost as though time stopped and rituals dissolved into the ether of acceptance.

I totally slept until almost 10:00 AM this morning!

During full Moons, be they Supermoons eclipses, etc, triggers can occur, magnifying emotions and issue,  particularly if planets in your astrology chart ( as we discussed earlier this week ) are linked to the alignment of the Moon. All of mind were linked: Libra Rising, Scorpio Sun, and now Capricorn Moon. I also have a heavy influence of Sagittarius in my chart. This can feel somewhat draining during the post energy, so if you're feeling such, understand that it's normal.

If you are feeling fatigued, don't push. Be gentle with yourself. Call in Archangel Michael and/pr your spirit guides/animals to protect and be close to you while you take some much-needed rest over the course of the next few days.

Blessings, DU Kindred! 🌿🐾✨

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

I actually feel very energized, waiting for my body to catch up.. Of course, it helps that for the first time in months, I've been able to relax somewhat for a few consecutive days, as opposed to just crashing and tuning everything out or sleeping.  xo

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:I actually feel very energized, waiting for my body to catch up.. Of course, it helps that for the first time in months, I've been able to relax somewhat for a few consecutive days, as opposed to just crashing and tuning everything out or sleeping.  xo

It's not that I don't have energy ( after sleeping five hours past when I normally get up )! I've worked, attended class, attended a Tai Chi class, and just hung my laundry out to dry because screw dryers in beautiful weather!

Now I'm enjoying a much deserved cup of Egyptian Licorice tea ( from my WONDER WOMAN mug ) with a fruit plate of apple & orange ( the latter peels of which I will use this afternoon to make a natural cleaning product ) because this weather demands fruit vs biscuits!

I LOVE working for myself and choosing my edu/recreational timeline. When I break. When I eat.

Life is BEAUTIFUL, and I am truly blessed. And you know what? ( and I don't mean this arrogantly. ) I deserve it. I've worked hard all my life.

"Love yourself so that you may know how to live with self-respect." Yogi tea

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

It's not that I don't have energy ( after sleeping five hours past when I normally get up )! I've worked, attended class, attended a Tai Chi class, and just hung my laundry out to dry because screw dryers in beautiful weather!

Now I'm enjoying a much deserved cup of Egyptian Licorice tea ( from my WONDER WOMAN mug ) with a fruit plate of apple & orange ( the latter peels of which I will use this afternoon to make a natural cleaning product ) because this weather demands fruit vs biscuits!

I LOVE working for myself and choosing my edu/recreational timeline. When I break. When I eat.

Life is BEAUTIFUL, and I am truly blessed. And you know what? ( and I don't mean this arrogantly. ) I deserve it. I've worked hard all my life.

"Love yourself so that you may know how to live with self-respect." Yogi tea

You're still working hard. And, working smarter. In no time, you'll be doing it all in a place of your own near the mountains with easy access to Nature and her inspirations. 🙏🌌

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

You're still working hard. And, working smarter. In no time, you'll be doing it all in a place of your own near the mountains with easy access to Nature and her inspirations. 🙏🌌

I don't think I will ever stop working! Especially now, being it's so damn enjoyable! I still have trouble believing I get paid for this! And, yes, I am already scoping out retirement homes ( sans the retirement ). Of course my grandson prefers the beach! ; therefore, we look at beach property when he's here.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Photo: Sven Dreesbach ( Eyecandid.net )

The Empowered Woman

The Empowered Woman, she moves through the world
with a sense of confidence and grace.

Her once reckless spirit now tempered by wisdom.
Quietly, yet firmly, she speaks her truth without doubt or hesitation
and the life she leads is of her own creation.

She now understands what it means to live and let live.
How much to ask for herself and how much to give.

She has a strong, yet generous heart.. and the inner beauty she emanates truly sets her apart.

Like the mythical Phoenix, she has risen from the ashes and soared to a new plane of existence, unfettered by the things that once that posed such resistance.

Her senses now heightened, she sees everything so clearly.
She hears the wind rustling through the trees;
beckoning her to live the dreams she holds so dearly.

She feels the softness of her hands and muses at the strength that they possess. Her needs and desires she has learned to express. She has tasted the bitter and savored the sweet fruits of life, overcome adversity and pushed past heartache and strife.

And the one thing she never understood, she now knows to be true, it all begins and ends with You.

~Sonny Carroll

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

I don't think I will ever stop working! Especially now, being it's so damn enjoyable! I still have trouble believing I get paid for this! And, yes, I am already scoping out retirement homes ( sans the retirement ). Of course my grandson prefers the beach! ; therefore, we look at beach property when he's here.

Why that little son of a beach . . .

Ahavati said:Photo: Sven Dreesbach ( Eyecandid.net )

The Empowered Woman

The Empowered Woman, she moves through the world
with a sense of confidence and grace.

Her once reckless spirit now tempered by wisdom.
Quietly, yet firmly, she speaks her truth without doubt or hesitation
and the life she leads is of her own creation.

She now understands what it means to live and let live.
How much to ask for herself and how much to give.

She has a strong, yet generous heart.. and the inner beauty she emanates truly sets her apart.

Like the mythical Phoenix, she has risen from the ashes and soared to a new plane of existence, unfettered by the things that once that posed such resistance.

Her senses now heightened, she sees everything so clearly.
She hears the wind rustling through the trees;
beckoning her to live the dreams she holds so dearly.

She feels the softness of her hands and muses at the strength that they possess. Her needs and desires she has learned to express. She has tasted the bitter and savored the sweet fruits of life, overcome adversity and pushed past heartache and strife.

And the one thing she never understood, she now knows to be true, it all begins and ends with You.

~Sonny Carroll

Wow. Words that literally fit you to a T.  

xo

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

Wow. Words that literally fit you to a T.  

xo

I just spewed water everywhere! He is most definitely a little son-of-a-beach! He LOVES the beach and wants me to move there so he can come live with me.

I love water too; I'm a water baby. However, I prefer waterfalls and natural pools in the mountains. He does love the rocks slides, etc. But he's a beach boy.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Readology*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Greetings, Great DUP'rs.

I've been asked so many questions lately; How do you read cards? How do you start? How do you know a reading is clear, i.e. - How do you know negative energy is not interfering with the message? Especially when reading for someone else.

These are all excellent questions, and those asking ( and wondering ) have likely been called to be an oracle reader. I've been preparing this guide for both selecting and initially blessing your deck prior to using, as well as clearing it between uses. It's quite extensive, so I will be offering it in parts:

PART I: Preparing to Become and Oracle Reader

Firstly, you must "Know Thyself" in order to know others. Know your gifts, accept your worthy, and have the self-confidence to share without fear of ridicule. The world needs your individual talent; you are here for a reason.

Secondly, the more you clutter-clear, the more you receive. Clutter-clearing activates your energy. A good rule is, "If you don't love or use it, clear it." Clutter-clearing your own mind and body of toxic thoughts and chemicals is also imperative for a concise reading. Beneath disfunction is clarity and wisdom.

Thirdly, why I use oracle cards vs Tarot. Oracle cards are more fluid than Tarot, and more often than not, uplifting. There's more freedom, fluidity, and lightness to them.

Fourthly, Choosing a Deck. An Oracle deck is a modality, a tool of divination. It's very important to connect with your deck on a spiritual level. If you're afforded the opportunity to shop in person, lightly touch the decks with permission from the shop keeper, Some do not allow ritual tools to be handled so that they maintain their pure energy. Feel what energetic response you receive if you can touch them. If not, use a pendulum to help you determine which deck resonates with your energy. ( We'll discuss pendulums and how to use them in another post ).

If you're shopping online, then use your intuition once your personal and sacred space has been cleared. You can also use a pendulum.

Great! You've selected your deck and you're excited and ready to begin! But not so fast! First, let's take care of a few things to ensure your sacred space is clear and protected for the reading. You can follow the steps below:

• Clear Yourself: What good does it do to offer someone a drink from a dirty cup? Exactly. Clearing yourself is imperative to connect with higher vibrational energy. This doesn't just mean showering/bathing and donning clean clothes for your physical body, it also means clearing your mind. Once your physical body is taken care of, then clear your energy field.

If you've already bathed and had a shower for the day, but it's been hours, then washing your hands up to your elbows in cold water will work. Don't towel them dry, shake and allow them to dry naturally.

Begin with a selenite wand, white sage, clearing spray, or, alternative ritual tool you may use. Clear your energy field by running the wand/sage/alternative ritual tool along your body from head-to-toe, front, sides, and back, while repeating the following mantra ( or alternative mantra if you already have one ):

By the power of Universal Source Energy, the Divine Masculine and Feminine, I hereby sever any cord, attachment, presence, spirit, or entity that does not love me unconditionally, nor desires my greatest good. You must leave my energy field forever, and never return without my specific oral permission. And so it is. And so it is. And so it is.

• Clear Your Sacred Space: What good does it do to be pure fluid amid a dirty cup? Repeat the above, except while walking around your home. Traditionally, one would start at the right corner of the entranceway to your home, and work around the home in a clockwise manner. Take care to open windows or doors as an exit for negative energy.

Repeat the above mantra ( or one you're familiar with using if seasoned ) for your sacred space:

By the power of Universal Source Energy, the Divine Masculine and Feminine, I hereby sever any cord, attachment, presence, spirit, or entity that does not love me unconditionally, nor desires my greatest good. You must leave this sacred space forever, and never return without my specific oral permission. And so it is. And so it is. And so it is.

If you're in the habit of clearing your home as I am, then burning incense ( nag champa & dragon's blood are my favorites and very protective ) and/or sage/sweetgrass, palo santo, etc. in the room you'll be reading from is fine. I like to walk around the room just to infuse it with the scent and raise my vibration.

Great! You've selected your deck; you've cleansed and cleared yourself and your sacred space! In part II we'll discuss ways to clear and connect your energy with the deck!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!  The above image are a few of the decks I use most often. There's another row behind them. Some are those I connected with; others were gifts I was meant to receive.

I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend here in America, and Oak Apple Day in England!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Thank you for such lovely reading, Rianne. I know you're pretty busy at this time, so it's deeply appreciated. By chance, is one of your spirit animals a Raven? I know one of mine is the Wolf and this card immediately brought to mind our partner/SiStarship in this thread.  I sensed the very strong bond/thread woven and connecting our pure intentions.

The Unknown, I sensed, was a general message for DU ( ourselves included ), and a very wise one too. Being in the moment is everything. I do mean everything. To appreciate life's beauty we need to be in the moment. To truly listen to others we need to be in the moment; during readings, we need to be in the moment. The moment is the most sacred of ritual tools we are offered.

Thank you, again, so much for sharing. xo

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Readology*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Happy Sunday, DUP'rs! And a peaceful one it is.

Before continuing on with Part II, we're going to pause here and address some of the questions I received about part I, and a general question about ritual candles. I am going to combine the answers, as they correlate.

Q. Why can you not dry your hands after washing them?

Q. I was told you can't blow out a candle. Is that true?

A. You can! If you're going to shake someone's hand, or eat dinner; however, if your specific intent for washing your hands was for a ritual, it's not advised.
This principle follows blowing out vs snuffing/pinching a candle when necessary. While it's always best to allow the candle to burn out naturally ( thus the hands to dry naturally ), sometimes that's impossible if you must leave the house ( or are going to immediately shake a hand ).  Refusing to leave a flame unattended is a perfectly acceptable reason to douse it vs a demonstration of weakness regarding your faith. Don't ever allow anyone to convince you otherwise.

There are several reasons for this belief.

Firstly, it is written that to blow out a flame is to blow away the positive energy of the ritual. The exception to this would be if you're sending someone else the energy of the ritual. Then blowing it out would signify and seal the ritual's intent.

Secondly, it is also written that blowing out a candle is an insult to the candle. I agree with this if the ritual involves a god/dess of fire, such as Pele or Kali. Blowing out a candle ensuing an evocation ritual of their power would be considered an insult to their gift, thus blowing it away ( not to mention potentially angering them ). Seriously, who wants a god/dess of fire angry at them? Not me.

Thirdly, while is it also believed by some that snuffing  or pinching could be considered snuffing and pinching the very life out. It all depends on your belief. Intent is a very powerful magic that supersedes ritual. An example of that would be someone  whose intent is purely from the heart, but in ignorance doesn't understand ritual practice. Despite the lack of understanding ( which will come in time and with practice ), their ritual will be more successful than a person who comprehends every detail of a ritual, but offers it out of obligation vs a pure heart.  

Always allow your heart and intentions to guide your practice. What might be right for one doesn't necessarily mean it's right for another. This isn't a choral practice where you must sing in key. This is a personal practice where intent supersedes requirement. I rarely snuff or pinch because mine always burn down. However, if the need did arise for me to extinguish the flame I would pinch it. Snuffing doesn't feel right for me personally ( unless the intention for my ritual was to smoke scry ); I feel like I'm suffocating the flame ( indeed, I am ). Therefore, I lightly pinch with the intent to absorb any negative energy with my offering of flesh to the flame while repeating the mantra, Be there any harm, be it done to me alone. I never have a problem with burns. The wax feels hot, sure. But I'm never burned.

Lastly, many believe that you should never use Air to put out Fire, as it insults Fire. Fire cannot live without Air, thus, it's akin to a betrayal that air supplied the life it now takes. This is the oldest known reason I found when researching for myself, and is said to cause tension between the elements.

The bottom line is this, ritual is personal for each individual. And each individual must discover what works best for them. If you honestly feel that wiping your hands dry after ritual cleansing is okay, then wipe your hands dry. If you feel that blowing a candle out after ritual is okay, then blow the candle out. Allow your intuition and feelings to guide you because you already know what's best - you just don't remember.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions, and have a beautiful rest of your weekend! xo

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: