Go to page:

The Gathering Place ( Modalities of Divination )

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

^ That was applause worthy. I like the visual accompaniment too; it's like she's got a lifetime of traveling ahead and the fortitude to brave all the elements along the way.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

Remembering Our Mothers

Today is an auspicious day to remember and honor our mothers and pray for their happiness and liberation from suffering. In the Tibetan Buddhist calendar, Lhabab Duchen is one of the four great celebrations of the historical Buddha's life. It commemorates Shakyamuni Buddha's descent from the heavenly realms after teaching and liberating his mother.

These four duchens or “great occasions” are considered merit-multiplying opportunities. All actions (both positive and negative) are believed to be multiplied 10 million times.

Please take advantage of this auspicious time. Meditating, reading scriptures, circumambulating stupas, taking pilgrimages to holy places, hanging prayer flags, saving and benefiting lives, and making offerings are some of the ways to increase one’s virtue.

If you are in Sedona, consider coming to the Amitabha Stupa and Peace Park and praying around the Amitabha Stupa, where your prayers are amplified. Please include the well-being of Mother Earth and all other motherly sentient beings in your aspirations and dedications, especially those in crisis right now.

JohnnyBlaze said:^ That was applause worthy. I like the visual accompaniment too; it's like she's got a lifetime of traveling ahead and the fortitude to brave all the elements along the way.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Art: Autumn Skye Art
“Mycelium Dreaming”
Courtesy of Lila Lieberman @ Spirit Doctors

"The worst thing we ever did
was put God in the sky
out of reach
pulling the divinity
from the leaf,
sifting out the holy from our bones,
insisting God isn’t bursting dazzlement
through everything we’ve made
a hard commitment to see as ordinary,
stripping the sacred from everywhere
to put in a cloud man elsewhere,
prying closeness from your heart.

The worst thing we ever did
was take the dance and the song
out of prayer
made it sit up straight
and cross its legs
removed it of rejoicing
wiped clean its hip sway,
its questions,
its ecstatic yowl,
its tears.

The worst thing we ever did is pretend
God isn’t the easiest thing
in this Universe
available to every soul
in every breath"

~ Chelan Harkin, in poetry book 'Susceptible to Light'

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

^ That painting should have been named "Fun Gal". ( insert drums & cymbals )

Anyhoo, I'm grateful for learning God was everywhere in everything on my own largely to a non-religious upbringing.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Wonderful Painting , Ahavati !

And in the Code , there is both Earth Goddess , Sky God ,
and Sky Goddess , Earth God ( such as Nuit and Geb ) ,
as well , our "Mother" column , equaling 603 , equals the
phrase "Sky Goddess Emeth" , with "Emeth" meaning the
female word for "Truth" in Obri / Hebrew...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

One of the best-kept secrets of Yogis and ascended Masters is bending time for what you truly love, be that a person, practice, or past-time. I am blessed with an abundance of time, and was told once it's a sign of good karma. All my life I hurried about, never having enough time. However, experience has taught me that bending time is possible by going slower, and focusing intently on each moment while creating time for what I love.

A Zen proverb says: “If you don’t have time to meditate for an hour everyday, you should meditate for two hours.” It's sage advice; however, it doesn't take an hour; it can take a few seconds. Notice where you are. Notice the natural sounds without music, television, or your phone. Notice the aromas. Notice the feeling when you connect. This takes only a few seconds, calms the nervous system, enables you to focus in a relaxed state, which in turn enables you to get more done in less time.

Making time for that which is necessary is the very thing that bends time.

Namaste for a beautiful weekend. 🙏💙

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

We adopt narratives  based on personal experience. Depending on the impact of experiences, especially if traumatic, determines whether or not we believe they are carved in stone; therefore, sub/consciously block avenues of potential growth.

When we allow a singular narrative to direct our thoughts, they in turn affect our emotions and prevented the very expansion our souls know it needs. Resistance to growth can cause you to hide your true light under a bushel for fear of being reproached.

However, returning to past experiences and rewriting the narrative allows you to choose how you want to think. Hindsight is 20/20, and you can use that insight to reprogram your past thoughts. This reprogramming will enable a gentler perspective which serves your greatest good. It will enable you to emerge from darkness to hone and utilize your gifts for the greatest good, regardless of any person or system of belief's judgement.  

Severing every cord to past narratives that do not currently serve your highest good is the very thing which will enable your soul to expand into its full potential.  Milton once said the most difficult journey a [wo]/man will take is within themselves. However, it's also the most liberating.

The past is not written in stone. You can return and alter the narrative anytime you choose. It may be scary, it may be painful; however, in the end it liberates patterns of thought you felt were carved in stone and opens up new avenues. After all, you might be pleasantly surprised at just WHO has been waiting for your light to shine:

Those you thought would judge you, who actually accept you because they feel the same way, but didn't know how to emerge from the darkness.

You matter; you have a purpose. Rewrite the narrative holding you back. Remove your light from under that bushel and allow it to illuminate the entire house. And at night, the glow can be seen from a distance through the window, guiding a fellow traveler.

Namaste for a beautiful weekend, fellow travelers! 🙏💙

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Art by German Rubio (Mexico)

We are travelers on a cosmic journey, stardust, swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity."
— Paulo Coelho

Day of the Dead, Part I: Honoring the Departed, Celebrating Life, in Mexico:
https://indiancountrytoday.com/.../day-of-the-dead-part-i...

Part II: Day of the Dead, Re-Made in America
https://indiancountrytoday.com/.../day-of-the-dead-part...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

This is just beautiful!

Poland sets its cemeteries “on fire” and those cemeteries are the most beautiful places to be on November 1st

1st November- All Saints’ Day and 2nd November – All Souls’ Day are days when almost everyone visits graves of their family members. The gravestones are decorated with colorful chrysanthemums in full bloom (in Poland those flowers are associated with this particular occasion) and millions of grave candles (zniczy), which symbolize the presence of God and reminds of the prayer that has been said in a moment of reflection for those who passed before us.

November 1st is a national holiday in Poland. This special time of the year creates a very melancholic atmosphere full of spiritual contemplation about those who are not with us in this world anymore.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

One more. This is just so magically beautiful. Makes me wish I lived there today!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Wow. That's almost as warming as autumn leaves.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:Wow. That's almost as warming as autumn leaves.

I just think it's beautiful.

coxdenis32
Strange Creature
Joined 7th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 22

I read such beautiful poems in this thread, thank you! I don't really like poetry, I like prose more. But you gave me the opportunity to look at poetry again. By the way, I also found such a site https://freebooksummary.com/category/a-jury-of-her-peers where I often look for books. This evening I will be looking for new ideas there and will definitely find something of poetry. But after I finish reading the A Jury of Her Peers. Have a nice day!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Image from IG @Zapateele

"Once people are not here physically, the spiritual remains, we still connect, we can communicate, we can give and receive love and forgiveness. There is love after someone dies." ~ Sandra Cisneros

Día de Muertos - Dia de Amor Eterno.

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 704

Ahavati said:Image from IG @Zapateele

"Once people are not here physically, the spiritual remains, we still connect, we can communicate, we can give and receive love and forgiveness. There is love after someone dies." ~ Sandra Cisneros

Día de Muertos - Dia de Amor Eterno.

That's such a cool but eerie picture, cooler than corny Halloween in a way, though I love Halloween too

Go to page:
Go to: