Go to page:

The Gathering Place ( Modalities of Divination )

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

Happy Summer Solstice! 🌞

I have had some of my most peaceful and loving connections with the Universe on the solstice. I will spend some time today, connecting and asking for a new vision of what is to come. 😇

Do anything special on the solstice?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

My Solstice flame was still burning this morning. Happy Summer, everyone! I hope you have a beautiful day! <3

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

In essence, you are the fairy tale of your ancestors!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

EXACTLY! I hope you all are having the BEST day! xo

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Moonology ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Full Strawberry Moon* in Capricorn!

2:40 PM EDT

Today is a fabulous day to wear crimsin in honor of the Strawberry Moon! Burning Myrrh will enhance the energy in your surroundings.  Jupiter retrograde in Pisces should create a balanced and harmonious aspect in good fortune, success, and a feeling of overall pleasure. This combination will evoke a sense of our own spirtituallity. Capricorn also develops strong structure with a focus on traditions, responsibilities, and obligations. It's a good time to set rules and boundaries because . . .

Conversely, Venus in Cancer opposes Pluto in Capricorn. Be wary of emotional struggles or manipulation ( by yourself or others ), which can push us to the limit. This is a perfect opportunity to reclaim your power within those boundaries. This latter vibe will empower you to feel stronger than before.

Polis ( fixed star ) is in alignment with the Moon, providing that strength and wisdom. It illuminates the path and reveals truth in matters, provoking determination to move forward in our goals. The Sabian Symbol is “A Group Of People Outfitting A Large Canoe At The Start Of A Journey By Water.” ( https://www.jamesburgess.com/a-party-entering-a-large-canoe.html ); this Full Moon opens the door to a journey within ourselves to find our truest calling — what speaks to us on a soulful level. Milton once said, 'The most difficult journey a man can make is within himself.' He also said, 'The mind can make a heaven of hell and a hell of heaven.' This full Moon affords you the opportunity to to reclaim your power, set boundaries and rules, and journey within your self toward your destiny. Take advantage of this opportunity for soul-growth and empowerment!

* Notation: Technically this lumnation isn’t a “Supermoon”, according to The Farmers Almanac, although it is in close proximity to Earth.

* Footnote: Someone asked me how I knew what color to wear or incense to burn on a certain day. And why I even recommend them. Personal Alchemy by Amber Wolfe is an excellent resource to determine not only the color of the day but which incense will enhance that energy. These are merely suggestions you can take into account when planning works of magic or when blending magine into the mundane.

If the color isn't in your 'colorwheel', then by all means, adjust it to a shade more befitting. The incense isn't written in stone either. If you do not like the recommended incense of the day, then by all means choose a similar scent which appeals to you. Remember, this is YOUR magic. These suggestions are merely that, suggestions to enhance that magic you're trying to create.

I hope you all have a wondrously manifesting day! But most importantly. . .

\☆○o。Be Ispired! 。o○☆

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

♥*♡∞:。.。 Psych -
               ology 。.。:∞♡*♥

True story ( kinda )! Have a GREAT day, everyone!

♥*♡∞:。.。 Stay Inspired 。.。:∞♡*♥

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I mean, right?!

I hope everyone's having a great weekend and enjoying this rebellous Aquarius energy! Live it up! But most importantly. . .

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

This authentic 16th century alchemy lab in Prague is open to the public as a museum. The hidden lair was rediscovered in a 2002 flood. Locate the small statue in the library and give it a twist. A secret door will open down onto a narrow set of stairs, which leads to an underground laboratory beneath. This was the place where experiments were conducted, hidden from the eyes of the inquisition. In fact, a tunnel led directly from the laboratory to a safe escape in the woods out of the city. If Aughra from the Dark Crystal had a basement, this would be it.

More: http://www.alchemiae.cz/en

All images are from this website: https://www.hypeness.com.br/2020/10/este-antigo-laboratorio-de-alquimia-do-seculo-16-foi-encontrado-num-tunel-em-praga/

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The  inability to receive support from others
is a trauma response.

Your “I don’t need anyone, I’ll just do it all myself” conditioning is a survival tactic. And you needed it to shield your heart from abuse, neglect, betrayal, and disappointment from those who could not or would not be there for you.

From the parent who was absent and abandoned you by choice or the parent who was never home from working three jobs to feed and house you.

From the lovers who offered sexual intimacy but never offered a safe haven that honored your heart.
From the friendships and family who ALWAYS took more than they ever gave.

From all the situations when someone told you “we’re in this together” or “I got you” then abandoned you, leaving you to pick up the pieces when shit got real, leaving you to handle your part and their part, too.
From all the lies and all the betrayals.

You learned along the way that you just couldn’t really trust people. Or that you could trust people, but only up to a certain point.

Extreme-independence IS. A. TRUST. ISSUE.

You learnt: if I don’t put myself in a situation where I rely on someone, I won’t have to be disappointed when they don’t show up for me, or when they drop the ball... because they will ALWAYS drop the ball EVENTUALLY right?

You may even have been intentionally taught this protection strategy by generations of hurt ancestors who came before you.

Extreme-independence is a preemptive strike against heartbreak.

So, you don’t trust anyone.
And you don’t trust yourself, either, to choose people.
To trust is to hope, to trust is to be vulnerable.
“Never again,” you vow.
But no matter how you dress it up and display it proudly to make it seem like this level of independence is what you always wanted to be, in truth it’s your wounded, scarred, broken heart behind a protective brick wall. Impenetrable. Nothing gets in. No hurt gets in. But no love gets in either. Fortresses and armor are for those in battle, or who believe the
battle is coming.

It’s a trauma response.

The good news is trauma that is acknowledged is trauma that can be healed.

You are worthy of having support.
You are worthy of having true partnership.
You are worthy of love.
You are worthy of having your heart held.
You are worthy to be adored.
You are worthy to be cherished.
You are worthy to have someone say, “You rest. I got this.” And actually deliver on that promise.
You are worthy to receive.
You are worthy to receive.
You are worthy.
You don’t have to earn it.
You don’t have to prove it.
You don’t have to bargain for it.
You don’t have to beg for it.
You are worthy.
WORTHY.

Simply because you exist.

-Jamila White, @inspiredjamila
Coyote Phoenix

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

WAVE THE WHITE FLAG

There are many choices available to us women in this life – but when it comes to your body, there are only two:

Accept it
Or don’t.

You see, if you choose to accept your body, you will soon start to love it, admire it, look after it. These things all follow in the wake of your acceptance.
When you realise that this vessel for your soul, for your spirit, is an instrument of such high design and fine tuning that it boggles the mind to even think about, you will enter into a phase which I like to call ‘peace, at last’.

You will care nothing of spare fat, grey hairs, loose skin.

You will realise, eventually, that the body’s purpose is not to look good, to attract friends, partners, successes – that it is, in fact, your spirit which does all of those things.

If you would only allow it to shine through and work its magic.

Your body, my friends, has but one job, to see you safely through this adventure of life, to allow your spirit to reach its potential.

That is it.

If you are on the path of not accepting your body – you are in for a very long battle – against an enemy you have no power to defeat. Nature, time, biology, fate…

You don’t have the weapons to fight those powers.
Wave the white flag.

Give in.
Accept.

It is then that your life will truly begin.

From the book ‘to the women’ by Donna Ashworth;
https://www.amazon.co.uk/.../ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp...
Award winning image, “Feather & The Goddess Pool’ by the wonderful Natalie Grono

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

All excellent messages this week, especially the above, which is is a win win situation to say the least.

The less you stress over your body, the less your body is physicslly stressed. The less you agonize over so called flaws and imperfections, the less you harm your skin with oxygen depriving makeup and toxic chemical exposure. The less you fixate on most everything availale to eat causing you to gain weight, the less you impress upon your body that it has a poor metabolism.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

SHE On The Tip Of Her Tongue

“I see the wise woman.
She carries a blanket of compassion.
She wears a robe of wisdom.
Around her throat flutters a veil of shifting shapes.
From her shoulders, a mantle of power flows.
A story band encircles her forehead.

She stitches a quilt; she spins fibers into yarn; she knits; she sews; she weaves.
She ties the threads of our lives together.
She forms a web of spiralling threads.
I see the wise woman.
She is at her loom: a loom warped with days and nights.
White threads, black threads receive her flying shuttle, a shuttle filled with threads
of many colours of the people of the earth.
Some threads short; some threads long; each thread different, each perfect.

These threads are alive with sound and colour.
These threads are mutable; they change at a touch.
These threads are crystal antennae; they respond at a thought.

And intertwined with each thread is a thread blood red: a thread of such sensitivity, it cannot be seen, yet a thread of such vitality, it can never be hidden.
As our blood flows over and under the days and nights of our lives and binds each moment to the whole, so the thread of the wise woman binds us in the tapestried, cosmic web.

I see the wise woman.
And she sees me.”

~  Susun Weed
www.susunweed.com
Art by Maartje van Dokkum
www.etsy.com/shop/maartjevandokkum

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

It's been a bit, DUPeeps! On a personal note, I am fine! Thank you for the messages and emails. I work, am in two certification courses as well as continuing my education in HD through weekly workshops. Between all of that, homework, assignments, and, well, life, my time here is limited! However, I do miss you each and will participate when I can. Today is such a day!  xo

Let's do some

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Moonology ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙!!!!!

La Femme de la Moon will be transitting into her 4th quarter waning in the sign of Aries at approximately 5:11 PM ( EDT ). That's two strikes for starting anything new. When the Moon is waning, it's time for rest, study, and little manifesting outside of protective rituals. Also, while Aries is great for starting things, it has little staying power. Things occur rapidly; however, they quickly pass. Also, people tend to feel argumentative and assertive.

While Thursday is ruled by Jupiter, the planet of expansion, money, prosperity, and generosity, it's not enough to overcome the waning energy of the Moon, nor the influence of Aries combined!

Today's Oracle rises from the Queen of the Moon: No 25. Resistance.

Familiarize yourself with how resistance manifests for you, the overt and the covert. If you continue to have doors slammed in your face, turn around; there will normally be an open door. Procrastination is just another kind of fear. Move forward with confidence.

There are two kinds of resistance. The first type we encounter when we keep getting obstacles placed in our way or our way is blocked. For example, we try to get a particular job in a particular field, but no matter what we do it doesn't happen. This is external or overt resistance.

Covert resistance, which occurs when we say we really want to do or complete something but feel resistance not to, is somewhat sneakier. All forms of procrastination fit in here, writer's block being a classic example. When we want to do something but get distracted and don't do it, or we just can't seem to engage our will enough, that is covert resistance.

When we want to get rid of a bad habit, an addiction, an old pattern — in fact, anything we are thinking of releasing for the Dark Moon — and feel resistance in doing so, we have a big dose of covert resistance.

We must battle the second kind of resistance like we would battle a crafty and terrible enemy. We must raise our shields and sharpen our swords and have a strategy to remove the resistance. In fact, we must flow through it.

It's a battle we might have to fight more than once, but we will be resilient and vigilant and fight it we will; for when we win ( and we will win ) the rewards are great.

Why do we resist the things we say we want? Sometimes we don't really want those things. Most times, though, we are frightened about what might happen if we do get what we have asked for. What will people think? Will we lose our friends and family if we rise? Will it all be for nothing if we try and fail? But we must be wilful and we must have courage. We must repeat to ourselves: "This is what I really want for me. Yes, I am worth it! And then we stand up straight, put on our crown of sovereignty of our own lives and go to battle!

We walk the fuck right through it. Don't give up! Remember. . .

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Moonology ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙!

We haz a New Moon dis week! Friday @ 9:17 PM to be exact, in the lucious, welcoming sign of Cancer, who just happens to be ruled by the Moon! Wear coral or white and burn violet to attract and enhance this New Moon energy!

What is amplifying this even more is that Friday is ruled by Venus, who symbolizes Love, frienship, reconciliation, and beauty! Combined with Cancer's stimulation of emotional growth and nurturance, it should be an excellent time for rituals.

Why not invite a few friends over for a New Moon Party repleat with party favors! Wish paper is perfect! These little packages come with anywhere from 10-25 pieces of paper, pencils and bases to set the paper on. This paper is fun to use because when you light it, it floats into the ether, taking your intention with it! Perhaps a piece of selenite, which represents Lunar energy.

Decorate in Moon paper decor, or, just a simple black and silver will set the tone! Small, intimate parties are also a perfect time to pull a card for each guest. You can also have a musical circle around a bonfire; or, a simple patio firepit will do just as nicely. There is something about a drum circle at night; repleat with rattles, bells, and a rainstick ( my favorite ).  

There's a lot you can do to prepare for this New Moon.  But, not too much. The waning moon is a time for study, meditation, and little magical work, except to banish harmful energies daily. Always protect yourself by cleansing your energy field and your sacred space.

Other suggestions include:

1. It's always interesting to check your  New Moon journal from last month to see how much you actually manifested over the course of a month. If there is something undone, then add it to this month's list! If you didn't or haven't started a Moon Journal, it's highly recommended! It becomes an actual chart of manifestation and change.

2. Observe how much you've changed in one month. Are the intentions you set last month as important this month?

3. Be PROUD of yourself! Even if only one thing manifested, that is something to be proud of! A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step!

4.Don't agonize over something that could've happened, but didn't. The New Moon is a time to let go! So it's perfect to write that as an intention before releasing to the New Moon! This is a NEW MOON! A new beginning! Take advantage of that!

I'm learning about Goddess Durgā ( pictured ) right now. She is a New Moon Goddess, and all about courage and strength.  We all need that to manifest the intentions we offer! Of course, you can always call upon any of the other  Moon dieties: Diana, Hekate, etc. I believe I have outlined a Seeking Hekate ritual in the previous Meditation thread.

Also, Archangel Gabriel is a New Moon Guide! He is about communication and offerings. Archangels are here for humanity, not specific religious affiliates. Anyone can call upon and Archangel and receive assistance.

If you feel a bit funny, it's normal! Dark/New Moon energy is a bit strange! You can always chant your favorite mantra during the ritual! One of mine is Om Namo Narayani ( I surrender to the Divine ).

Whatever you choose to do, be it a gathering or private offering, belief is your basis for proof when what you desire manifests. Regardless of how much, or less; any bit is something to be proud of.

Happy New Mooning, everyone!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I found the seeking Hekate ( Hecate ) post.

[  . . . ]

Seeking Hecate

First, who is Hecate ( Hekate )? She is an ancient Greek mythological goddess who first appeared in Hesiod's Theogony in the 8th century BCE. She represents liminal spaces, i.e. - doorways, gateways, entrances, crossroads, and midnight, thus identifies with the Moon, underworld, spirits of the dead, and both medicinal and baneful plants.

She is known as Keeper of the Keys and is a light bearer, unlocking the secret portals of wisdom and carrying a pair of blazing torches that can illuminate the path. Whenever we feel we are in a liminal space or crossroads, and can't make a decision in regards to the direction to go, you can connect with Hecate for her guidance.

Many witches work with Hecate during the new Moon, I associated her with the fourth quarter Moon, when the shadows are deepening, but not completely gone, since Hecate herself is associated with light.  Moon placement is very important in working with Hecate. The fourth quarter Moon represents letting go, a time of endings, banishings, cord cuttings and so forth. Thus, when faced with a decision in a liminal space, the fourth quarter Moon is a perfect time to let go of the old while stepping into the threshold of new, as it's right between the apex of the last full Moon and the quiet new beginnings of the new Moon.

When faced with indecision, Hecate is there as a guide. I prepared to work with her since the last new Moon. The best slated time for me personally was last night, when the waning Moon was in my own Moon sign of Capricorn. However, in addition to working, I am also taking some very heavy classes which have a lot of reading and literal application. Last night I was so fatigued I just wanted to fall asleep on the couch. However, I forced myself to perform the pathwork ritual I'd been preparing for - to no avail, I thought, as I didn't feel much, and certainly received no guidance or gift.

However, right before falling asleep, I was meditating on the ritual, the words, and suddenly I had a vision of her handing me a feather. It was a very crisp, clear vision, and I fell deeply asleep and dreamt three times: the first was of my grandson being in potential danger, but then he was encircled with an orb of protective light; the second and third are somewhat vague and more difficult to expain.

Regardless, I woke this morning knowing exactly what I needed to do; and when I looked up the meaning of being handed a feather in a dream, it was an affirmation to what I had already awakened to. This Thursday, beginning with the New Moon, I'll be walking the ancestral pathway for a complete lunar cycle working with Almandine Garnet and my element, water.

I'll be sure to let you know how that all plays out. Ritual, magic, it's always there for you, and it's definitely what you make it.

Go to page:
Go to: