Go to page:

The Gathering Place ( Modalities of Divination )

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Moonology ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

How is everyone enjoying that calm, waxing Cancerian Moon from the whirlwind of Gemini right now?

The waxing ( growing from the New Moon to the Full ) is an ideal time for magic to draw things toward you. If you performed a ritual last night, then focus hard on those intentions over the next two weeks! The law of attraction will deliver more than you expect.

Friday is ruled by Venus, the planet of Love, friendship, reconciliation, and beauty! Cancer,  in her home sign of the Moon, stimulates emotional rapport between people, and pinpoints need, supports growth and nurturance.  It's a perfect time to tend to domestic concerns.

It's a wonderful day to wear Rose and burn Alder to enhance the energy. Also, wearing celestine will enhance it even more! And whoo hooo! I drew the New Moon card this morning! And, being we're still in the New Moon's energy, I'll take it!

New Moon energy is all about growing and expanding. It's a wonderful time to set intentions with the purpose of growth and moving towards something you desire, such as more money, more positive relationships, and better health. This is also a very fertile time for prosperity spells! Perfect for asking for bodily vitality, a pay raise, a new job, more recognition, the list is ENDLESS.

If you'll view the card, you'll see that it's a door, a portal into something else from where you are. You are being offered a fresh start; your journey is beginning. Take the first steps towards something new. It's time to place emphasis on your health and well-being.

I accept and rejice in renewal and beginnings.

There is something incredibly poetic and even romantic about that tiny slier of silver that is the New Moon. I have always called it the thumbnail of God. I can't remember where I heard that, when I was very young; however, it's always stuck with me. After the waning cycle and depth of the New ( or Dark ) Moon, here is appearing in the sky, incredibly, a crescent of the finest light. Almost a scratchupon teh blackboard of the Universe. Here is evidence that even after darkness, light returns, just as the seasons.

The New Moon Crescent is an ancient symbol that stretches back to prehistory. There are cave drawings featuring crescent moons, sculptures of goddesses with crescent-mooned diadems, and goddesses Aphrodite, Hekate, Diana, Artemis, Inanna, and many Asian female dieties such as Quan ( Kuan ) Yin ( one of my personal favorties ) were often dipected with new moon symbology. Go back even further into Neolithic cave paintings, where moon ( and sun ) symbology features, with no phase more commonly being depicted than the new moon.

But back to the card! I could talk history all day.

When the new moon appears in the lunar cycle, we are gifted with a new beginning and fresh start. What we have identified as useless or unneeded any more has been released into the void of the Dark Moon, and here waiting is a new chance.  Here we get to renew our lives and feel free enough to risk trying again.

Whether we are asking for a fresh start in relationships or a new love, or are heralding the actioning of intentions such as better health, a new usiness or the start of a new project, riding the New Moon energy will assist us.

Many creative people begin new works on a new moon and I personally prefer to begin all my maor works in this phase. The most powerful of new moons for new starts traditionally are within the season of Spring! And here we are!

Get to it, DU! Create something beautifully magical; a new beginning for you! But, most importantly. . .

♥*♡∞:。.。 Stay Inspired 。.。:∞♡*♥

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Moonology ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Happy Weekending, DUPeeps! I hope it's a good one so far! Very peaceful in this little corner of the world.

Today is a beautifully perfect day both planetarily and astrologically! You have a waxing moon beginning her journey to fullness in her home sign, Cancer. Therefore, it's a lovely day for good rapport, growth, and nurturance. Also, both Cancer and Saturn ( ruler of Saturday ) smiles on domestic duties, which should be joyful, even if repetitive or difficult. There is a sense of accomplishment in completion.

Today is a wonderful day to wear black and burn sage. A good tip is to burn sage in your campfire or fire pit to ward away mosquitoes and other insects.

Your Card for the Day is No 18 from Queen of the Moon Oracle deck:  'Pleasure', Derived from a Waxing Crescent. As you can see by the image, she is caught up in a dance of energetic life, as though re-energized. Butterflies flit about her, symbolizing transformation and change. Amid the energy are spirits—shimmery orbs of light that dance with her as sparks from the whirlwind of energy she creates from her movement.

This is a perfect time to lighten up if you've been too serious. The pleasures of life are beckoning you to dance! Seek light-heartedness at this time. Focus on what would make you happy. Schedule in activities you find pleasurable!

Repeat " I open myself to the pleasures of life! "

Sometimes in our search for a better life, we lose sight of how to find real pleausre in what we do rather than being diverted from the everyday. Life can prove overwhelming, and our rational minds seem to need every available minute of our time to be able to cope with its demands. Pleasure has taken the back seat, or there is a pattern of it now forming destructive tendencies such as binge drinking rather than simply having a wine or two with friends.

A big part of pleasure is letting go. This does not mean surrendering or giving up; it simply means handing over of all our administration, stress and worries for a time and immersing ourselves in something joyful. When we don't allow ourselves to experience pleasure whether in the form of laughter, play, sensuality, or the delopment of skills, we remain less than the whole, and feel a wanting, as though we are lacking something.

We are: FUN.

We become less effective in our emotional and work lives if we do not experience regular doses of pleasure.

Our ancient ancestors knew the importance of pleasure in the forming of a healthy mind, body, and spirit. There were gods and goddesses dedicated to happiness and teh pleasures of life, such as the Egyptian goddess Hathor. The temples of Hathor were joyful places full of songs and beauty. There were even small temples placed in her honour outside other major dieties temples so that people could be in a happy and contented mental condition before entering to worship. The Egyptians clearly believed that having a positive or relazed state of mind assited in having a positive spiritual connection.

Wear turquoise accessories with your black today. Turquoise is connected to the healing energy of water. Being we are comprised mostly of water, Turquoise can assist in your personal healing and overall well-being. It will promote a calm balance and help you relax and have fun!

Whatever action/s you choose today, just remember:

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

An excellent card pull! I think all decks should be stacked with these. xo

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Yes; take it from an older woman: Ask.

AaronBraveHeart
Boyana Popova
Thought Provoker
Bulgaria
Joined 4th Sep 2020
Forum Posts: 48

A nice reminder as of today ~ to take life less seriously. ~

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

AaronBraveHeart said:A nice reminder as of today ~ to take life less seriously. ~

Indeed! Fun is important!

Coming up before we move to card layouts. Using the Pendulum ( yes; I forgot I had mentioned pendulums ( thank you )).

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

ˑ༄ؘ  ۪۪۫۫ ▹Dowsing Pendulum Part I◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ

This is a pretty vast subject with many variations; therefore, it may take more than one lesson to cover it adequately. The first thing I want to say, is that your pendulum does not have to be fancy or expensive. If you'll note the above image, I own four ( five, actually ). Two are very expensive because they are made with real metals, crystals, and gemstones; one is silver with an obsidian point and quartz crystal.  All of these were gifts, and I treasure them. They are each powerful in their own way and can be used for specific intentions.

The last is my favorite, and the only one I've ever purchased. Well, I did purchase others; however, I gifted them. So I'm left with this simple copper triangle and amber that I wear as a bracelet. This one feels natural to me because of the copper, which I connect to naturally. And Egypt. Always Egypt, as they used copper for conduits. Lastly, the shape of the amber reminds me of a double merkaba.

Anyway, my point was that your pendulum does not have to be expensive. On the contrary, you can even handmake one with a colored thread and needle. The typical length is between 10-11" from point to end ( then you can add a charm if you like ( but it's not necessary ). My people dowsed needles with black threads as pendulums to guage the sex of a baby, and they were never wrong. Others used colored threads in accordance to which Archangel they were working with:

•Michael = Blue ( Protection/Guidance/Strength )
• Raphael = Green (Physical/Mental/Emotional/ healing )
• Uriel = Red/Burgundy
( Transmutation/Illumination )
• Zadkiel = Purple
( Mercy/Benevolence )
• Gabriel = White
( Communication/Expression )
• Jophial = Yellow
( Creativity/Beauty/Art )
•Chamuel = Pink
( Unconditional Love and Adoration )

The second thing I want to suggest is to cleanse and bless the creation whether you've made it yourself, purchased it, or received it as a gift. You can bless/clear it the same way you bless/clear your oracle/tarot decks. Keeping your divination tools clear and cleansed is vital to receiving accurate messages from Source ( God, Universe, Spirit, etc. ). Also, thanking your tools is a very important sign of respect for its power. Gratitude is the most valuable expression, whether for ourselves or something we've created/purchased or been gifted.

Thirdly, gratitude is a beautiful energy of the Divine when expressed genuinely. Once you've chosen/created or been gifted a pendulum and cleansed/cleared/blessed it, then hold it next to your heart and allow your heart energy to connect with the pendulum's energy. This exchange creates a fusion between energies which acts as a conduit for clearly channeled messages.

One all of the above is completed, then you can begin to use your pendulum to cleanse/clear card decks, or to seek a 'Yes/No ( Maybe/Unsure )' question for yourself. I don't know how long this has gotten; it feels pretty long, so I'm going to cut this here and continue in the next post. Until then. . .

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

ˑ༄ؘ  ۪۪۫۫ ▹Dowsing Pendulum Part II◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ

I've been trying to decide whether to focus on clearing oracle/tarot decks with your pendulum or using your pendulum to address questions. I have decided on the latter. I feel if you truly connect, as well as understand your pendulum, then you'll feel comfortable using it to clear your oracle/tarot decks, as well as your personal space.

As I had a question from a Christian in regards to dowsing, let's shae a bit of history on the pendulum to start. I have previously answered ( as well as listed my qualifications ) Q. What if you are a Christian? Doesn't the bible forbid  us to seek answers outside of God? on page seven, linked below:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/11915/90/

You may want to read that prior to reading this response to your question.

Firstly, Dowsing may not feel right for everyone. Many sects of Christianity describe dowsing as a form of fortune telling, something which their particular system of belief does not, in fact, believe in. You must go with what feels right to you in regards to your spiritual practice. We are each unique and different, thus, each person will feel innately led to the practice they are most comfortable performing. There is no right or wrong way to connect to the Divine. Only you know what is best for you.

Divination is a modality utilized to garner insight into personal situations or circumstances.  Those who don’t believe in fortune telling approach divination as a way to gain higher knowledge, guidance, or mental clarity; whether or not you are skeptical of its accuracy, the pendulum can be a powerful tool for both clearing and insight into oneself.  

Pendulums are a very inexpensive modality ( or, method ) to obtain quick ( not to mention surprising ) guidance ( answers ) to straighforward questions.  However, it does incorporate metaphysical beliefs that are not part of traditional Judeo-Christian belief systems. Again, it is more adventageous to make up your own mind about whether divination could be of use to you by trying it for yourself.

That being clarified, let's move forward. There are many ways to use the pendulum to garner a "Yes" or "No" answer to your query. I personally believe that a pendulum connects me to my unconsious mind. This is known as Akashic Records.

When I ask the pendulum a question, it stimulates my unconscious mind to respond.  It does this by influencing nerve endings in my fingers without my conscious knowledge. This in turn causes the pendulum to respond by swinging in a particular direction, toward the answer I seek. You will be amazed at how easily the pendulum moves on its own. The first time I used one I was in awe!

Because it's one of the easiest methods to use, it's perfect for anyone to practice with. You don't have to be an empath or psychic to summon correct answers forth. Let's get you started!

We've already discussed picking the right pendulum in Lesson I. Whether expensive or inexpensive or handmade, here are few additional tips to purchase or make the right pendulum for you.

• It helps to know a bit about crystals and their metaphysical power. Crystals work beautifully with pendulums. You can refer to the Archangel colors in Lesson I for the basic attributes in colors. If you already have a favorite power stone ( one that resonates best for you ), you can use that.

• If possible, visit a local metaphysical store and hold various pendulums to see what type of energy you receive. Sometimes the stone will get very warm in your palm; other times the energy will feel very tingly. If you're not allowed to touch them, then run your hand slightly above them to garner the energy, and when, perhaps, you feel you stop directly over one. Repeat the latter for online purchases. Use your intuition and reactions to the pendulum to select the one best for you.

• If you choose to make your own with a piece of string ( you can even use a string from a tea bag if you have none other ), and tying a heavy object ( though not too heavy that it doesn't swing naturally and without your assistance ), if you do not have any crystals. You can choose charms that mean something to you. The size of a glass bead, such as a marble, is the perfect size.

• Cleanse and Connect with your pendulum ( read part I ). Learning the language of your pendulum may take some time, so be patient. Your unconscious mind will connect if you pursue an intention openly. Ask a few questions using the following steps after a few deep cleansing breaths ( which will center and ground you ):

1) Request guidance and support. This can be in the form of a prayer to their Higher Self or Spirit Guide to be certain they receive clear answers benefitting the greater good.

2) Ask the pendulum to reveal your "Yes" and "No" answers. This will determine the language of your pendulum. For example, "Show me my 'Yes' answer: the pendulum may swing clockwise or counterclockwise; conversely, "Show me my 'No' answer: the pendulum may swing horizontally, from side to side or forwards and backward.

Lastly, you can also ask it to show you a 'Maybe', and/or 'Need more information' ( because sometimes we don't phrase our questions clearly ). Once this is done, and you have the pendulum's language, you should thank your pendulum ( remember 'Thank your tools' from Lesson I ), and make note of the directions before going on with asking some affirming questions such as "Is my name Tammy?"  "Is my birthdate such-and-such?" And so forth. I've even given false information to test the 'No' answer before using, i.e. - "Is my name Debbie?" etc.

If you get yes to no answers, or vice-a-versa, then you need to recleanse and clear your pendulum.  You must be sure to ask questions that have definitive, clear answers. Any other movements can be taken to mean maybe.

I feel like I've been typing forever, so I'll end this here, and part III will actually be how to use your pendulum. Until then. . .

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Let's have a bit of fun this morning! Which are you?

What if your date of birth told us what our magic gift is? Who can guess which mine was?!

You have a gift or rather a sensitivity specific to the magical world, whether you are aware of it or not! But know that if you become aware of it and cultivate it, it could help you.

To know what your donation is, you just have to add the numbers that make up your date of birth until there is only one left.

For example, if you were born on October 10, 1981, your number is 3 (1 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 9 + 1 + 8 + 1 = 21 = 3). Your number is priceless because you could become  aware of what life has in store for you and most importantly, the goals that are (truly) yours.

number 1-the magician
The number 1 corresponds to the creation. It is said that those born under this number can make great sorcerer because they have the power to affirm their will.
And you have a will to iron! That being said, don't try to manipulate or control those around you.
Your field of action: expression and courage

Figure 2-Empathy
You are extremely sensitive to the energies around you. Thus, growing up, you learned to feel others, their intentions and cravings, thus becoming with great compassion.
Your gift lies in your heart and your sixth sense, allowing you to feel the energies around you. And it's a gift you should use to appease the penalty of those who cross your path.
Similarly, use your donation to recharge your own energies by treating your bond with the surrounding nature.
Your field of action: dreams and intuition

Figure 3-the triple moon
This number concentrates the three lunar phases. That's why, witches believe you are an instrument of triple God and triple goddess. You focus both a creative and destructive force.
The ancient rule that tells us ′′ to be careful what one wishes ′′ must be your mantra since your magic gift gives you the opportunity to make your thoughts and desires a reality.
Your field of action: creation or converse destruction

Figure 4-the elementalist
The number 4 is linked to the 4 elements: fire, water, air and earth. Your deep self is in balance with these 4 elements and that's why, you are extremely pragmatic.
You attract the energies of the elements and it is impossible to curse yourself. Since the 4 elements tend to create magic force around them, you are a true shield to negativity.
Your field of action: elementary magic

Figure 5-the medium
If the number 4 symbolizes the 4 natural elements (fire, air, water and earth), the number 5 symbolizes the fifth: the spiritual. Those born under his influence are connected to the spiritual realm and are able to easily conjure the powers from the hereafter.
This is why people born under 5 often make excellent psychics!
Your field of action: connecting with ancestral minds and magic.

Figure 6-The Solar Apprentice
The number 6 symbolizes the sun and everything connected to our light source. Therefore, great and powerful energies are deployed in you. Your gift comes directly from the sun.
You are a healer and a leader. But of such great power, great responsibility is also born. Learn how to use your great powers while staying ethical!
Your field of action: ritual magic, incantations and healing

Figure 7-the lunar apprentice
The number 7 symbolizes the moon and all the magic coming directly from this great lady of the night. Your magic gift is pure, untamed magic coming directly from the moon.
Following a magical ritual is extremely strange for you, since everything comes naturally to you. You rarely do the same twice. With an intuition to test, you're always in improvisation.
But you have another magic gift: you have premonitory dreams. And if you could decrypt them correctly, you could do miracles!
Your field of action: visions and premonitory dreams.

Figure 8-the traditional witch
The number 8 is considered to be concentrating the greatest magic. The number 8 is associated with the 8 witch sabbaths or even, around the world. If your birth number is the 8, know that power flows through your veins.
That being said, it will only take its full power if you manage to tame it and celebrate the sabbaths. You have a great intuition and know how to distinguish between the real and the fake.
Your field of action: energy management and alchemy

Figure 9-the shaman
The last figure symbolizes the meeting of all the above mentioned things. It symbolizes the place where everything ends and starts again. That's why you get to see things that others don't see.
Your magic gift lies in your artistic and creative nature. You have access to specific perspectives. And that's why, you know how to heal.
Since this number is related to death and rebirth, you have the natural gift of feeling the ghosts and spirits around you. And if you manage to master this gift, you will be able to transcend the world, like shamans.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

0 2 1 0 1 9 7 1 = 21 = 3

Ahavati said:
Figure 3-the triple moon
This number concentrates the three lunar phases. That's why, witches believe you are an instrument of triple God and triple goddess. You focus both a creative and destructive force.
The ancient rule that tells us ′′ to be careful what one wishes ′′ must be your mantra since your magic gift gives you the opportunity to make your thoughts and desires a reality.
Your field of action: creation or converse destruction

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:0 2 1 0 1 9 7 1 = 21 = 3

I y'am not the least bit surprised!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

ˑ༄ؘ  ۪۪۫۫ ▹Dowsing Pendulum Part III◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ

I believe we've covered the majority of bases in the Parts I & II! Now you're ready to use your pendulum!

Whether standing or sitting ( I prefer sitting ), just make sure you are comfortable and totally relaxed. I have actually seen someone do this standing in a grocery store, so it does work standing. She was asking about a certain food product she was contemplating. She told me she'd been on a diet and lost 60 lbs consulting the pendulum while shopping. I asked her what she asked, and she said, "Is this product good for my body?"

It's a simply 'Yes' / 'No' question; however, according to this lady, it had made all the difference in her life. She said some of the food she had previously thought was healthy turned out to be bad for her body. She looked fabulous to me; however, keep in mind that she had lost 60 lbs.

Once you're comfortable, it's time to hold your pendulum correctly. I use my dominant hand to hold the end of the string/chain/charms parallel from my heart. I like to envision heart energy is going through the end of the pendulum to the weighted object at the other end. If you're sitting, and you're not one of those people who can hold your hand still, then you can put your elbow on the table to steady it.

Make certain the weighted object ( charm, crystal, etc. ) is hovering over your less dominant hand. Or, if you prefer to hold the pendulum with your less dominant hand, that is fine too. It's whatever you feel comfortable with is what's important. Everyone is different. Everyone has an instinct they should follow when performing rituals.

Make certain your pendulum is loose and gently held between your index finger and thumb with enough pressure to keep it from falling. Now you can either bring to mind or ask outloud ( whichever feels more comfortable ) a question you would like a 'Yes' or 'No' answer to.  You can ask almost anything of your pendulum. One of my favorites is using my pendulum to locate missing objects! I have found two missing crystals using it.

You can use your dowsing pendulum to answer mundane, everyday questions relating to relationships and money or for more questions concerning more profound existential/spiritual matters.

Another method is to use a mandala or pendulum board to swing the pundulum over vs your palm. a chart that assists in determining the health of various organs as well as your chakras.

Etsy is a wonderful place to find custom engraved pendulum boards:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/981413315/pendulum-board-pendulum-dowsing-eco?ref=pla_similar_listing_top-1&frs=1

As previously mentioned, the pendulum is another way to cleanse and clear you oracle decks.  Just place the pendulum over the cards the way you would your palm or board with your intention to clear them from any negativity or past reading energy. When you're ready, you can ask the pendulum if the deck is cleanaed and cleared for your 'Yes' or 'No' answer. As with all things, make sure your space has been cleansed and cleared first!

Lastly, the pendulum is a tool, not a weapon; weild it wisely. Be cautious of using your pendulum in the following ways:

If you are feeling imbalanced emotionally or mentally. This could cause inaccurate responses. To prevent this you could ask before starting if it is a good time for you to dowse.

To replace medical expertise. If you have health concerns visit a medical professional.

If using for others. Even if another person gives you permission, be wary that you aren’t skilled enough to provide answers.

Be openminded. You can influence the pendulum's answer if your mind is already made up about something.

As with all modalities, there is a limit to what pendulum dowsing can accomplish. There are some things we are not ready to know the answer to.

Your pendulum shouldn’t be your ONLY form of divination. T

Never blame your actions by claiming the pendulum told you so. You are not absolved of blame for the consequences of your actions. This is why you need to respect the tool and remember that ritual is holy and sacred.

The pendulum is not for everyone. But, if you do decide to try it, remember, the most important aspect of your pendulum is to bond with it. To respect its power. To honor its service to you.  Remember, ritual is holy and sacred!

Hopefully we'll move onto card spreads soon! Until then. . .

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

It does change your life!

TELL YOUR FUCK TRUTH

′′ I've seen miracles happen when people speak the truth. Not the ′′ beautiful ′′ truth. Not the truth looking to please or comfort. But the wild truth. The fierce truth. The truth that bothers. The Tantric truth. The damn truth. The truth you are afraid to speak.

The horrific truth about you that you hide to ′′ protect ′′ others. To avoid being ′′ too much ". To avoid being ashamed and feeling rejected. To avoid being seen. The truth of your deepest feelings. The rage you rehomed, hidden, mastered. The terrors you don't want to talk about. The sexual urge you tried to numb. Primary desires you can't handle formulating.

The tusks finally break down, and this ′′ dangerous ′′ material emerges from the deepest of the unconscious. You can't hold him anymore. The ′′ good boy ′′ or ′′ good girl ′′ image evaporates. The one of the ′′ perfect ", of ′′ the one who understood everything ", of the evolved: these are pictures that burn.

You shake, you sweat, you're on the brink of vomiting. You think you could die, but finally you tell it the fucking truth, the truth you're deeply ashamed of. Not an abstract truth. Not a ′′ spiritual ′′ truth, carefully formulated and designed to prevent offense. Not a truth skillfully excited. But a messy, fiery, sloppy human truth. Bloody, passionate, provocative, sensual truth.

A deadly, untamed and shadowless truth. And fragile, sticky, sweating, vulnerable. The truth of how you feel. The truth that allows the other to see you raw. The truth that makes your heart beat. It is the truth that will set you free.

I've seen chronic depression and permanent anxiety fade overnight. I've seen deep rooted trauma evaporate. I've seen fibromyalgia, lifetime headaches, chronic fatigue, unbearable back pain, body tensions, stomach disorders, disappear, never come back. Of course, the ′′ side effects ′′ of truth are not always so dramatic. And we don't enter our truth with a result in mind.

But think about the enormous amounts of energy needed to suppress our animal savagery, numb our fierce nature, suppress our rage, tears and terror, support a false image, and pretend to be ′′ good ".
Think about all the tension in the body, and the damage to our immune system, when we live in fear of ′′ showing ourselves ". Take the risk of telling your truth. The truth you are afraid of.

The truth you believe the world depends on. Find a safe person - a friend, a therapist, a counselor, yourself - and let them in. Let them hold you as you break. Let them love you as you cry, rage, tremble with fear, that you are in the middle of a mess.

Tell someone your fucking truth - it could just save your life, heal you from the deepest of you and connect with humanity in ways you never imagined. ′′

~ Jeff Foster

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Serious Ancestor Vibes here. <3

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The summer solstice in 2021 is at precisely 03:32 UTC on Monday, June 21, 2021. GETTY IMAGES

✼ ҉  ҉    Summer Soltice  ҉ ҉   ✼

It's that time again! Summer Solstice has arrived, which marks the longest day of the year. Conversely, Happy Winter Soltice to my Southern hemisphere friends! Because Solstices are opposite on either side of the equator, our Northern Hemisphere summer solstice is the Southern Hemisphere's winter solstice!

'Solstice' is derived from the Latin term, 'solstitium', means 'sun-stopping', because the point where the sun appears to rise and set, stops and reverses direction after this day.

The first day of spring/summer, fall/winter can either be defined using astronomical events like solstices and equinoxes, or they can be determined based on meteorological factors, such as average temperatures.

I prefer the former!

For centuries, the Summer Soltice has been gthe inspiration of so many rituals, festivals, celebrations and even religious holidays. One of the world's oldest evidence of its importance is Stonehenge, in England, a megalithic structure which clearly marks the moment of Summer Soltice.

Our ancestors celebrated this day by gathering medicinal herbs and plants due to the belief that they are the most potenton Summer Soltice. Some of the sacred plants associated with Celtic tradition are: St. John's Wort, Vervain, Yarrow, Fern, and Mugwort. Many of which I have discussed in this thread and the previous Meditation thread. If you choose to cultivate, Summer Soltice provides a perfect opportunity!

Gatherings were also popular to break bread, exchange stories, poems, and songs. Dancing to a drum circle while singing has always been a popular tradition.

One of my favorite things to do is create a Sun Wheel or mandala (a symbol of the circle of life and connectedness) made from flowers or other natural objects. Remember, if you're picking the flowers, ask permission from Mother Earth, and leave an offering in return, i.e. - some tobacco or cornmeal ( a Native American favorite ).

Keep a sacred flame ignited. Or, if you prefer, you can have a bonfire to celebrate at your gathering. Just make sure it's supervised! I prefer a candle on my altar; it's just as potent.  

Another of my favorites is to make a Prayer Stick or Tree and place specific healing prayers for family and friends. Also, a prayer for the return to peace where there is no peace, for vibrancy and good health in areas of the world where there is now poverty and scarcity.

Remember, it's always your intention that ignites the magic in any ritual, regardless of how big or small. Keep the desire to do something good to improve life, i.e. - offer light and love into the world in your own unique way ( painting, singing, writing, etc. ), and see it through to fulfillment.

Below is a link which will enable you to watch Stonehenge live. Feel the magic and so it is.

When Is Summer Solstice 2021? How To Live-Stream The Solstice From Stonehenge This Weekend

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiecartereurope/2021/06/17/when-is-summer-solstice-2021-how-to-live-stream-solstice-from-stonehenge-this-weekend/?sh=3e6e4b165dc0

Wishing you peace and light this Summer Solstice! Until then. . .

Go to page:
Go to: