The Politics Place

cold_fusion
cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 4668

MadameLavender said:

I agree with this-- the democrats screwed up our country and (most of) the republicans turned a blind eye and let them do it.  

Actually the partisan politics and blaming the other for everything and not owning when both and where both parties stuffed up, has screwed your country, but it takes one to stand away from it all to see it and call it out.

Noble_Incubus
Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 197

MadameLavender said:
What then, is a true conservative ?  In my opinion, it is one who subscribes to the belief system of traditional and/or Biblical values, to generalize it.   Going in and shooting up a grocery store, certainly doesn't fall under that heading from what I can see, so I fail to see how true conservatives in general should reevaluate their stance/beliefs because of this one instance.

The ones who should be self reflecting are the conservatives in name only -- like the republicans in name only-- those posing as conservatives to further their own ruthless agendas at the peoples' expense and giving the "real" ones a bad name

192 Republicans voted against a bill to provide babies with formula. It appears that they are more interested in owning the libs rather than actually helping their own communities. Do you consider these 192 people Republicans in name only?

Ashley_M_Hardy
Ashley_M_Hardy
Cashley Marie
Twisted Dreamer
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 18

I am a native of Buffalo, NY. The city is beautiful and rich in various cultures and kindness, however, racism is very alive here. I went to a college that was institutionally racist, saw friends and experienced an array a different offenses from Anti-Blackness to micro-aggressions against Black children. White people here still face a sense of entitlement and deep-seated prejudice against us, while ignoring the fact that it does nothing to prove them better than anyone or raise their status in some fashion. This is not a drill, Black people are under attack here. Much love and prosperity to you all moving forward.

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
83awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5468

Noble_Incubus said:

192 Republicans voted against a bill to provide babies with formula. It appears that they are more interested in owning the libs rather than actually helping their own communities. Do you consider these 192 people Republicans in name only?

I call them deep state global elitists , and yes RINO fits too.  If they can't keep aborting babies with Roe V Wade in the balance , they'll starve them to death.  Anything to destroy the upcoming generation , and do population control because they think we're all useless eaters .

Noble_Incubus
Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia
Joined 28th Jan 2016

MadameLavender said:

I call them deep state global elitists , and yes RINO fits too.  If they can't keep aborting babies with Roe V Wade in the balance , they'll starve them to death.  Anything to destroy the upcoming generation , and do population control because they think we're all useless eaters .

Thatís interesting.

192 is a large number, it is the majority of Republicans in the lower house. Would it be fair to say that the modern day Republican Party as a whole no longer represent conservative values?

When I think old school conservative I think of someone like my dad. Well educated, articulate, with a healthy respect for history and an almost Encyclopaedic knowledge of key historic events. He strongly stands for: honour, tradition, honesty, loyalty, respect for women, self-reliance, good manners and service to oneís country (I come from a military family). The modern day conservatives seem to have none of these values. They are bunch of entitled cry babies that hate women and blame all their own problems on other people. I canít stand them, but I canít bring myself to become a liberal either, Iím not against progress, it just needs to be at a pace that doesnít cause more problems than it solves, so I just say Iím centrist.

Where do you sit on the political spectrum?

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
83awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5468

Noble_Incubus said:

Thatís interesting.

192 is a large number, it is the majority of Republicans in the lower house. Would it be fair to say that the modern day Republican Party as a whole no longer represent conservative values?

When I think old school conservative I think of someone like my dad. Well educated, articulate, with a healthy respect for history and an almost Encyclopaedic knowledge of key historic events. He strongly stands for: honour, tradition, honesty, loyalty, respect for women, self-reliance, good manners and service to oneís country (I come from a military family). The modern day conservatives seem to have none of these values. They are bunch of entitled cry babies that hate women and blame all their own problems on other people. I canít stand them, but I canít bring myself to become a liberal either, Iím not against progress, it just needs to be at a pace that doesnít cause more problems than it solves, so I just say Iím centrist.

Where do you sit on the political spectrum?

I consider myself an old school conservative like you describe your Dad.  

There are very few in our current governments all over the world, who truly care about the people /us, who they're supposed to be working for . They can all say they belong to one group /party or another, but many of them have the same agenda, one that doesn't benefit their constituents and we're basically in a war of good vs evil.  

robert43041
robert43041
Viking
Tyrant of Words
Canada
26awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 30th July 2020
Forum Posts: 452

I am from Canada. It scares to me to see what is going on in the US.  God forbid if the GOP regains power in the next presidential election.  That would bring your country ever so much closer to another civil war.

Noble_Incubus
Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia
Joined 28th Jan 2016

robert43041 said:I am from Canada. It scares to me to see what is going on in the US.  God forbid if the GOP regains power in the next presidential election.  That would bring your country ever so much closer to another civil war.

This guy does not paint a very good picture of the GOP. He is basically saying they are beyond redemption.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K-vHQnQ_x5Y

It seems to me we are witnessing the slow downfall of the GOP, under Trump they lost the lower house, the presidency and their advantage in the senate. Instead of improving they are doubling down on the nonsense and abandoning their conservative values.  I canít see the GOP surviving this. We just had an election in Australia, there was a big swing towards the left. If you look at the underlying causes there is a clear pattern of refuting Trump style politics.

Strangeways_Rob
Strangeways_Rob
Thought Provoker
Wales
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2020
Forum Posts: 271

Think we in for a summer of riots in dear old blighty. All the 'right' (or 'wrong' - depending on your views) voices are bubbling under the surface. It's all on Boris. Not since Thatcher has a PM invoked such polarised opinions. He's a 'Bullingdon Club' bullying smug tw@t.

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England
25awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 4487

Strangeways_Rob said:Think we in for a summer of riots in dear old blighty. All the 'right' (or 'wrong' - depending on your views) voices are bubbling under the surface. It's all on Boris. Not since Thatcher has a PM invoked such polarised opinions. He's a 'Bullingdon Club' bullying smug tw@t.

Ö yup. We riot at dawn.

Strangeways_Rob
Strangeways_Rob
Thought Provoker
Wales
Joined 31st Mar 2020

"Ö yup. We riot at dawn."

Ha! First we'll take Wilmslow, the Chalfont villages and burn down Notting Hill's hedges. That'll show them. Doubtful I could even stretch to a drive-by shouting these days.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14273

I think what's going to happen in the near future is money will be thrown about. poverty is a great springboard for dissent and discontent  more or less the environment which allowed the third Reich to emerge

....  ....   .....   .....   .....   .....    ......    .....    .....   .....   .....   ....

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/26/uk-unveils-18bn-household-aid-25-percent-energy-profit-tax

"The move, which will give each United Kingdom household a 400-pound ($500) discount on energy bills and provide more for the lowest-income households, marks a change of heart for Prime Minister Boris Johnsonís government, which had previously resisted windfall taxes, calling them a deterrent to investment."

welcome you all are  

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
38awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1116

Strangeways_Rob said:"Ö yup. We riot at dawn."

Ha! First we'll take Wilmslow, the Chalfont villages and burn down Notting Hill's hedges. That'll show them. Doubtful I could even stretch to a drive-by shouting these days.

Wow, I was brought up near Wilmslow, and lived for 10+ years in Chalfont-St-Giles -- glad I moved to a remote part of Portugal before the riots start  

Strangeways_Rob
Strangeways_Rob
Thought Provoker
Wales
Joined 31st Mar 2020

Josh said:

Wow, I was brought up near Wilmslow, and lived for 10+ years in Chalfont-St-Giles -- glad I moved to a remote part of Portugal before the riots start  

That's hilarious & proves it's a small world (still wouldn't like to paint it). Think you safe Josh. Was at Uni with a fox hunter from Chalfont On-Pants (or something similar). She was an odious creature.

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
38awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1116

Strangeways_Rob said:

That's hilarious & proves it's a small world (still wouldn't like to paint it). Think you safe Josh. Was at Uni with a fox hunter from Chalfont On-Pants (or something similar). Odious creature.

I had planned to sell up here, and move to Wales (Llanidloes) but covid scuppered that. So I'm wondering if I had moved, whether it would have been a safe jump away from all the rioting ...

Go to page:
Go to: