Go to page:

The Politics Place

SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
26awards
Joined 5th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 1376

lenny_the_pookah said:

I can sympathize w / much of what you write here, SKK, if not totally agree.
Before Trump, I didn't see much difference in the candidates, felt they were all @ 80% in agreement--tools, puppets for an out-of-sight, out-of-mind, globalist agenda.
Sure, Clinton was a skirt-chaser & probably rapist, & Bush 2 was a cokehead & born again, & Obama was a tranny-chaser (is there a word for that, btw, besides "tranny-chaser"? you know, like a clever, slang term?), but most of the decisions were made by the puppet-masters behind the curtain.
So...Biden...wow. And to think, 80 000 000 peeps--more than ever before in *history*--voted for this guy.
I suppose the puppet-masters, such as they are, have decided to simply purge us, in the US, if not the world.
It's hard to imagine things ever improving for the US again. I guess the question is, when we reach the bottom, what will it look like? Who will be left?
😢😢😢

This administration only makes it that much harder for the next democrat candidate trying to obtain office. And the real backlash comes in having a female vice-president, who you made as a sitting duck, no real agendas for her to stand on her own if she ever decides to put her own bid in for running for president, oh those tangled webs this country weaves

And thank you for your response.. enjoy your evening, my poet

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5155

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>
What are the mods doing?
Clearly this delusional entity needs serious help, he can't even read. There's a difference between calling his rhetoric non-human talk which he clearly spews out and calling him non-human. What a shining example of America and Americans you are matey.
I can reply ten times as worse, I choose not to, cause am not ready to get to your level.
Stay in your own version of hell.

Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 232

Another mass shooting in America, this time in Buffalo and surprise, surprise, yet another right wing white supremacist.

Sad.

There will be no comment from the conservatives on this. They are only pro-life for unviable foetuses.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5593

cold_fusion said:
What are the mods doing?
Clearly this delusional entity needs serious help, he can't even read. There's a difference between calling his rhetoric non-human talk which he clearly spews out and calling him non-human. What a shining example of America and Americans you are matey.
I can reply ten times as worse, I choose not to, cause am not ready to get to your level.
Stay in your own version of hell.

The mods don't always catch everything, but hitting the report button helps a lot to direct us to where the issues are, that need attending to.

Reminder here, folks-- this thread is for expressing your views on whatever political and social topics you want to bring up, but personal attacks and name calling , don't fly, anywhere on DUP.  

There's a lot of touchy topics out there in the world right now, so please gather your thoughts before responding to them.  We can discuss heated subjects, without it turning into the Thunderdome.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Noble_Incubus said:Another mass shooting in America, this time in Buffalo and surprise, surprise, yet another right wing white supremacist.

Sad.

There will be no comment from the conservatives on this. They are only pro-life for unviable foetuses.

Not all right-wingers are white supremacists and not all conservatives are pro-lifers, so to generalize them as such, comes across as what looks to me, like a baiting-style post, meant to poke at a particular member here.  

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

And I'll pop this link in here, for anyone interested in having a listen about the current state of our world, from a historical and Biblical standpoint:

https://rumble.com/v13dn41-facebook-and-rumble-only-mel-k-2030-the-great-reset-agenda.html

Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 28th Jan 2016

MadameLavender said:

Not all right-wingers are white supremacists and not all conservatives are pro-lifers, so to generalize them as such, comes across as what looks to me, like a baiting-style post, meant to poke at a particular member here.  

Which member would that be?

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Noble_Incubus said:

Which member would that be?

Who do you usually have heated go-arounds with, here?   3 guesses, first 2 don't count.....(still baiting, BTW)

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1664

Differences of Opinion
(by Wendy Cope)

He tells her that the earth is flat -
He knows the facts, and that is that
In altercations fierce and long
She tries her best to prove him wrong.
But he has learned to argue well
He calls her arguments unsound
And often asks her not to yell
She cannot win. He stands his ground

The planet goes on being round.

Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 28th Jan 2016

MadameLavender said:

Who do you usually have heated go-arounds with, here?   3 guesses, first 2 don't count.....(still baiting, BTW)

My comment was directed to a general audience, nowhere did I mention a particular member or intend it to “bait” any members. I was surprised anyone replied.

My point was that the shooter in the Buffalo tragedy was an ultra conservative. So what I expect is radio silence from conservatives (media, politicians and ordinary people). What should happen is some self reflection and maybe a reassessment of the conservative belief system and political atmosphere that drove this person to do what he did. I won’t hold my breath.

On a broader note: It used to be that conservatives moved with the times and would provide a necessary check to the over-exuberance of liberals. These days conservatives are stuck in the past and refuse to budge. A society that stagnates or goes backwards is not healthy. This is a serious problem. The role of conservatives is not to stifle progress or reverse it, their job is to moderate it. Unfortunately ultra conservatives have hijacked the narrative and the more moderate conservatives are allowing it instead of challenging it.

Back to the original point: If you have an accusation to make, then make it. Tell everyone who it is I am allegedly “baiting” or concede the truth that I was not baiting anyone. It is unreasonable for you to make vague accusations and expect me to “guess” what you mean.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Noble_Incubus said:

My comment was directed to a general audience, nowhere did I mention a particular member or intend it to “bait” any members. I was surprised anyone replied.

My point was that the shooter in the Buffalo tragedy was an ultra conservative. So what I expect is radio silence from conservatives (media, politicians and ordinary people). What should happen is some self reflection and maybe a reassessment of the conservative belief system and political atmosphere that drove this person to do what he did. I won’t hold my breath.

On a broader note: It used to be that conservatives moved with the times and would provide a necessary check to the over-exuberance of liberals. These days conservatives are stuck in the past and refuse to budge. A society that stagnates or goes backwards is not healthy. This is a serious problem. The role of conservatives is not to stifle progress or reverse it, their job is to moderate it. Unfortunately ultra conservatives have hijacked the narrative and the more moderate conservatives are allowing it instead of challenging it.

Back to the original point: If you have an accusation to make, then make it. Tell everyone who it is I am allegedly “baiting” or concede the truth that I was not baiting anyone. It is unreasonable for you to make vague accusations and expect me to “guess” what you mean.

It appeared to me that you were waiting for Runaway-Mindtrain to respond, as you have a tendency to get into it with him, a lot in this thread.  Not judging, defending or playing favorites on my part-- just stepping in so that the peace can be kept on both sides.

For the conservative aspect , I think it's wrong to lump all conservatives into the mindset of the shooter.  He's obviously got some serious mental issues, that he felt it was ok to strap a live camera on himself and stream it while he murdered people .  He can say he's a conservative (or hide under the guise of one ) all he wants, but ultimately people like him give true conservatives in general a bad name.

What then, is a true conservative ?  In my opinion, it is one who subscribes to the belief system of traditional and/or Biblical values, to generalize it.   Going in and shooting up a grocery store, certainly doesn't fall under that heading from what I can see, so I fail to see how true conservatives in general should reevaluate their stance/beliefs because of this one instance.

The ones who should be self reflecting are the conservatives in name only -- like the republicans in name only-- those posing as conservatives to further their own ruthless agendas at the peoples' expense and giving the "real" ones a bad name

Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 28th Jan 2016

MadameLavender said:

It appeared to me that you were waiting for Runaway-Mindtrain to respond, as you have a tendency to get into it with him, a lot in this thread.  Not judging, defending or playing favorites on my part-- just stepping in so that the peace can be kept on both sides.

For the conservative aspect , I think it's wrong to lump all conservatives into the mindset of the shooter.  He's obviously got some serious mental issues, that he felt it was ok to strap a live camera on himself and stream it while he murdered people .  He can say he's a conservative (or hide under the guise of one ) all he wants, but ultimately people like him give true conservatives in general a bad name.

What then, is a true conservative ?  In my opinion, it is one who subscribes to the belief system of traditional and/or Biblical values, to generalize it.   Going in and shooting up a grocery store, certainly doesn't fall under that heading from what I can see, so I fail to see how true conservatives in general should reevaluate their stance/beliefs because of this one instance.

The ones who should be self reflecting are the conservatives in name only -- like the republicans in name only-- those posing as conservatives to further their own ruthless agendas at the peoples' expense and giving the "real" ones a bad name

I can assure you that my post was not intended to bait Runaway mind train, or anyone else. It looks like he changed his profile weeks ago so that he can’t see my posts. At any rate his posts appear as “anonymous” to me so I wouldn’t know if he replied and therefore baiting would be a waste of time.

As to the question: who is a true conservative? Well it is getting harder and harder to distinguish the rational good-hearted conservatives from the far right fringe because the moderate conservatives aren’t speaking out against the crazies. The far right fringe has effectively hijacked the conservative movement and the moderates are letting them with their silence.

Once upon a time you could rely on moderate conservatives like the late John McCain to challenge far right nonsense. Even the most dyed in the wool liberals had huge respect for those moderate conservatives like John McCain, sadly those old school conservative types appear to be extinct.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Noble_Incubus said:

I can assure you that my post was not intended to bait Runaway mind train, or anyone else. It looks like he changed his profile weeks ago so that he can’t see my posts. At any rate his posts appear as “anonymous” to me so I wouldn’t know if he replied and therefore baiting would be a waste of time.

As to the question: who is a true conservative? Well it is getting harder and harder to distinguish the rational good-hearted conservatives from the far right fringe because the moderate conservatives aren’t speaking out against the crazies. The far right fringe has effectively hijacked the conservative movement and the moderates are letting them with their silence.

Once upon a time you could rely on moderate conservatives like the late John McCain to challenge far right nonsense. Even the most dyed in the wool liberals had huge respect for those moderate conservatives like John McCain, sadly those old school conservative types appear to be extinct.

I agree with this-- the democrats screwed up our country and (most of) the republicans turned a blind eye and let them do it.  

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2915

MadameLavender said:

I agree with this-- the democrats screwed up our country and (most of) the republicans turned a blind eye and let them do it.  

They mostly in on it together.
Left ,right different cheeks on the same arse.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: