😲
Agreed

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

sorry for disagreeing all the time. but come on, you can't put this crisis on the shoulders of the Russian people. sure they would have a part to play in stopping this madness just as much as the people of Europe and other continents

we are all complicit in this, every one of us

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5593

lepperochan said:sorry for disagreeing all the time. but come on, you can't put this crisis on the shoulders of the Russian people. sure they would have a part to play in stopping this madness just as much as the people of Europe and other continents

we are all complicit in this, every one of us

With many of the media outlets , we are only shown what they want us to see. This is not to say that there aren't things happening for real, but the narrative might be tweaked to make some things look like something they aren't .

So how do we know what's real and who to trust?  Look at all sides and deduce from there-- when things look like they're falling apart, maybe they might just be falling in place.  The world is in a birth cycle right now-- we are all birthing something, we are all waking up and seeing some things with different eyes.  Birth ain't fun-- it's a messy, painful process but it doesn't last forever and look what you get after that final push.

A couple of trustworthy news sources:

https://www.oann.com/

https://www.breakingchristiannews.com/index.php

https://www.newsmax.com/

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

When things die off there is rebirth
When something ends something else will begin
Dark,light. positive, negative a delicate balance where everyone and everything has its place
We all play our part
Everything is linked for a purpose
BTW thanks for the links

Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 232

MadameLavender said:

With many of the media outlets , we are only shown what they want us to see. This is not to say that there aren't things happening for real, but the narrative might be tweaked to make some things look like something they aren't .

So how do we know what's real and who to trust?  Look at all sides and deduce from there-- when things look like they're falling apart, maybe they might just be falling in place.  The world is in a birth cycle right now-- we are all birthing something, we are all waking up and seeing some things with different eyes.  Birth ain't fun-- it's a messy, painful process but it doesn't last forever and look what you get after that final push.

A couple of trustworthy news sources:

https://www.oann.com/

https://www.breakingchristiannews.com/index.php

https://www.newsmax.com/

I would not call those trustworthy sources, because they aren’t.

Take Newsmax for instance, it is blatantly pro-Trump in an attempt to steal Fox News viewers. They peddled the election fraud conspiracy theories long after dozens of court cases fell over due to lack of evidence. They knew full well it was a load of rubbish but they wanted to capitalise on disaffected Fox News viewers who didn’t like it when Fox News finally admitted that Trump lost Arizona.

Those networks just say what they think conservatives want to hear, truth is immaterial.

If you really want to know the truth you have to listen to people who don’t share your world view and then weigh the arguments on their merits. Otherwise all you are doing is confirming your own bias.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

Noble,
A wise man once told me the same thing only he was rather harsh in his approach. I wasn't FOXNews I was Beforeitsnews (yikes) some may be offended to hear your words but I tell you what it woke me up and made me begin to think on my own.
He taught me to use science as a gauge to sift the truth from whatever source I choose. Use several sources to find truth.
DO NOT use social media  like tiktok and YouTube  instead seek knowledge through education  read..read..read.. Sociology Philosophy, Psychology
This will expand your ability to discern hype from reality.
Think for yourself decide what is the truth and what is it who is it that is trying to persuade you to follow the popular narrative. Once you see the truth, fake news will no longer attract you. You will find freedom

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5593

Noble_Incubus said:

If you really want to know the truth you have to listen to people who don’t share your world view and then weigh the arguments on their merits. Otherwise all you are doing is confirming your own bias.

To know the truth, is to be given the actual true story, regardless of what personal views and opinions people individually hold.   Listening to people who don't believe things that I personally do, is not a measure of any bias on my part-- I listen to people all day long , that don't share every single opinion and belief that I hold for myself.  It's the fact that some out there, purposefully lie about things to sway an outcome or opinion, is what I am biased against, not their personal beliefs that work in their own lives.

Ultimately we need to just go back to the Walter Cronkite style of reporters -- he read the news, what happened and when , and kept his personal opinion out of it.  The sources I listed are more in line with that style of reporting and I don't feel like I'm a cast member in "The Matrix" trying to figure out what's real and what's created to fit a certain narrative.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

Which way do you lean

Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 232

MadameLavender said:

To know the truth, is to be given the actual true story, regardless of what personal views and opinions people individually hold.   Listening to people who don't believe things that I personally do, is not a measure of any bias on my part-- I listen to people all day long , that don't share every single opinion and belief that I hold for myself.  It's the fact that some out there, purposefully lie about things to sway an outcome or opinion, is what I am biased against, not their personal beliefs that work in their own lives.

Ultimately we need to just go back to the Walter Cronkite style of reporters -- he read the news, what happened and when , and kept his personal opinion out of it.  The sources I listed are more in line with that style of reporting and I don't feel like I'm a cast member in "The Matrix" trying to figure out what's real and what's created to fit a certain narrative.

Good for you.

I certainly agree where Walter Cronkite is concerned. He was famous throughout the English speaking world for journalistic integrity. Some of his work was even re-broadcast in Australia. Most of it was before my time, but I distinctly remember watching excerpts of his coverage of the Vietnam war, although that was years after the war was over. Ironically he was accused of breaking with tradition by pushing an anti war personal agenda but I disagree, that was the reality of the situation. Westerners were simply used to hearing pro war propaganda.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

I think it's fair to say Jornalism and news broadcasting is at a critical stage. my government will let me buy tobacco and smoke myself to death or alcohol to drink myself to death but they won't let me watch RT to get the other side / narrative

make no mistake here, peoples. the media is fully weapon-ized and we are all targets.

poet Anonymous

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60571737

This is the BBC reporting what the Russian viewer is being fed? Who knows?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

I watched RT along with the other channels to try get a true picture of what's going on. there were one or two programs which I thought were a bit biased. Cross Talk is one of those

however, I'd recommend Going Underground, and Worlds apart

The news itself I found to be okay, that's to say I've never found them to be pushing lies. the journalists were decent enough, I think Paula Slier
is very good, and brave

but, RTUK is probably much different to RT Russia
so I cannot say what is being broadcast to the Russians

I can say with some confidence RTUK is probably the most watched chanel in the world by people trying to find some smoking gun

the BBC is the only channel  in the UK 'not governed by OFCOM. it does notvhave to conform to the standards set out by it.

it is governed by The home office. must be a red flag there somewhere

II thought the Russian army would have went home by now.

our lives could change overnight. Scotland hosts the Tridents and Ireland is a great place to get to the UK and US.

so I'm thinking we arevin for one of three things

a European army in Ireland

an American army

or the Russians

so, one way or another I'm going to have to start working on learning new languages

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 739

Strangeways_Rob said:Last time I looked this was an international site. Who is going to understand the "Jim Crow" reference? Now you've explained - all is slightly clearer.  Attacked the right? Er...ok. Only referenced Fuentes appeared to be a despicable & hateful young boy. I wont stoop to your sooo low  level of personal insults.  

Yes it is an international site. However, that doesn't stop NON Americans from commenting on U.S. domestic issues that they know nothing about except bleerps from leftist controlled media.

Biden is by his words, actions in voting and affiliations a Jim Crow segregationist... The good people in America have spent 160 years fighting against these fucks. They are responsible for all the racist hate since slavery was ourlawed. Anyone that speaks, from supreme ignorance, in support of the Brandon administration is as clueless as they can be...The work to boost the economy, individual rights and state's rights, that President Trump did, is the ONLY reason our country still exists. If it had remained as Obama left it we would be underwater now after the intentional ass rape of America, for a year now, by Biden and his democrats slaves.

This comment goes directly to the poet above that starts al of his responses to my comments with "what a load rubbish or what bunch of crap"

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

👍to the politely  comment not the personal comment about previous poet

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020