Go to page:

The Politics Place

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

There's huge tension with India and Pakistan, heightened most likely during the short war concerning Cashmere not that long ago. plus the Skirmish tween India and China on their border even less long ago

Israel maintains they've no Nukes. word on the street is that a bit of a fib. anyhow they bombed Syria again even less long ago

Kim seems very determined. can't seem to get past the while carpet bombing of his country during the forgotten war. all that mad family want to be the one who can send a load of nukes wherever they want

edit: 'and they've tested some weapons pretty recent too'

I'm pretty sure he signed some peace pact witha the south. but he's definitely not really someone you'd have across the hall door

remains to be seen how the new Israeli administration is going to go. it's a rainbow coalition. pretty sure there is a Palestinian there too

that said, the settlements have been growing rapidly

thanks for your insights, lady

SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
26awards
Joined 5th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 1458

lepperochan said:There's huge tension with India and Pakistan, heightened most likely during the short war concerning Cashmere not that long ago. plus the Skirmish tween India and China on their border even less long ago

Israel maintains they've no Nukes. word on the street is that a bit of a fib. anyhow they bombed Syria again even less long ago

Kim Yung seems very determined. can't seem to get past the while carpet bombing of his country during the forgotten war. all that mad family want to be the one who can send a load of nukes wherever they want

edit: 'and they've tested some weapons pretty recent too'

I'm pretty sure he signed some peace pact witha the south. but he's definitely not really someone you'd have across the hall door

remains to be seen how the new Israeli administration is going to go. it's a rainbow coalition. pretty sure there is a Palestinian there too

that said, the settlements have been growing rapidly

thanks for your insights, lady

The only peace treaty signed of significant importance was the one in 2018 between Kim Jong-un and Moon Jae-in. In addition, a vague denuclearization agreement between Kim Jong-un and former President Trump in 2018 and it made no mention of the POWs by North Koreans during the cold war…

I must thank you for bringing this awareness for me to engage minds...

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 433

“As far as I am concerned, I resign from humanity. I no longer want to be, nor can still be, a man. What should I do? Work for a social and political system, make a girl miserable? Hunt for weaknesses in philosophical systems, fight for moral and esthetic ideals? It’s all too little. I renounce my humanity even though I may find myself alone. But am I not already alone in this world from which I no longer expect anything?”
― Emil Cioran, On the Heights of Despair

As a Misanthropic Nihilist...well...there is no truth...just opinions, and opinions are like assholes, we all got one...well...did you know that the pearl fish makes it's home in the anus of the sea cucumber...and that's where all the prophets live...and aren't we all wonderfully enlightened prophets.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

oh-my-kron just got us

just gave us Aunty-bodies that protect you from all the strains 9f covids, all the whille suffering you thru only mild symptoms.

Everybody gonna be just standing around scratching they heads sayimg  "What Happened"?

A million new infections a day
Covid outsmarted itself
Now it all will be over in a couple
Months.
Praise The Lord

https://youtu.be/OIliLLf3PPQ

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 759

Noble_Incubus said:

What a load of rubbish.

When the Soviets invaded Afghanistan in the 1980s rare earth minerals were not so important as they are today. The types of industries that benefit from rare earth elements like high end computing and renewable energy were in their infancy in the 80s.

The United States conducted a comprehensive geological survey of Afghanistan in 2010. If the resources were worth the investment there would still be US troops in Afghanistan today. The fact is that it would take an astronomical sum to build the infrastructure necessary to mine rare earth minerals in Afghanistan.

China is already the world’s largest supplier of rare earth minerals, why would they spend a colossal sum to increase supply and devalue their own position? They wouldn’t it’s a stupid idea.

As per usual you don’t have a clue.

Wow...that is even worse!!!....That means that your pedophile, racist, globalist shill mas'ser biden simply left 80 billion in weapons to decapitating, women burning terrorists for NOTHING other than democrats are the biggest fuck ups in the last 1000 years... China immediately setup trade relations with Biden's Taliban friends.  

As always you only care to run cover story for the establishment. While ignoring actions. I just love when people give government studies and official federal released documents and then denounce the same government for corruption and lies in their next rant. .

Those that trust the establishment do not know history...

Biden got more votes than any in history
Biden  got more black votes than Obama
China had norhing to do with it
And the moon is made out of cheese whiz

Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 235

runaway-mindtrain said:

Wow...that is even worse!!!....That means that your pedophile, racist, globalist shill mas'ser biden simply left 80 billion in weapons to decapitating, women burning terrorists for NOTHING other than democrats are the biggest fuck ups in the last 1000 years... China immediately setup trade relations with Biden's Taliban friends.  

As always you only care to run cover story for the establishment. While ignoring actions. I just love when people give government studies and official federal released documents and then denounce the same government for corruption and lies in their next rant. .

Those that trust the establishment do not know history...

Biden got more votes than any in history
Biden  got more black votes than Obama
China had norhing to do with it
And the moon is made out of cheese whiz

I don’t support the establishment. You are full of crap, yet again.

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017

Noble_Incubus said:

I don’t support the establishment. You are full of crap, yet again.

You have consistantly argued for the leftist democrat position in American politics. If only to be contrary to myself for calling out their fuckery. Democrats have most all media, online social media, international power brokers, corporate, university and entertainment SUPPORT... That "establishment" fully allies with modern neo liberal agendas and actively censors, deplatforms and suppresses any opposition. The leader of the Taliban is on Twitter but President Trump is banned. That is because Trump is an ACTUAL THREAT. The Taliban is not.
In history, the groups that suppress free speech and deplatform (digital book burning) are never the good guys.

But aren't you too smart to fall for their authoritarianism?..

I would never censor your speech but the ones you seem to stand up for surely would  if you dared to criticize them.

I believe, at your core, you are for liberty and personal freedom. You are a poet. Poets, like comedians, require free speech to operate.

This poetry site allows me to state all opinions. But I am shadowbanned and deleted most everywhere else.

I guess poets are the true libertarians.

I have decided to accept your info on Afghanistan. I was hoping for a reason why our weapons will now be used to kill people for breaking Sharia law.  

But it was probably just that fucking dixiecrat Biden's incompetent idiocy...

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017

I disagree with your statement on Russia and technology, though.  You are confusing consumer grade and miltary/intelligence technology. Years before tech is brought to the market, it is used in government funded military applications That is why 100 of Tesla's patents are blocked as top secret. The U.S had nuclear submarines with early digital technology in the 50s and prototype internet for military use in the 60s. The Soviets had particle beam weapon technology in the 70s...

That info is from the "freedom of information act". Along with free speech it is the great accomplishment of our Republic. It is sometines hard to believe the powers often allow incriminating evidence of misled or simply corrupt government official's actions to be exposed. Some info is still redacted but it shows a light bulb on power that has never been allowed before. It was passed mainly due to states rights and push back against the establishment.

Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 235

runaway-mindtrain said:

You have consistantly argued for the leftist democrat position in American politics. If only to be contrary to myself for calling out their fuckery. Democrats have most all media, online social media, international power brokers, corporate, university and entertainment SUPPORT... That "establishment" fully allies with modern neo liberal agendas and actively censors, deplatforms and suppresses any opposition. The leader of the Taliban is on Twitter but President Trump is banned. That is because Trump is an ACTUAL THREAT. The Taliban is not.
In history, the groups that suppress free speech and deplatform (digital book burning) are never the good guys.

But aren't you too smart to fall for their authoritarianism?..

I would never censor your speech but the ones you seem to stand up for surely would  if you dared to criticize them.

I believe, at your core, you are for liberty and personal freedom. You are a poet. Poets, like comedians, require free speech to operate.

This poetry site allows me to state all opinions. But I am shadowbanned and deleted most everywhere else.

I guess poets are the true libertarians.

I have decided to accept your info on Afghanistan. I was hoping for a reason why our weapons will now be used to kill people for breaking Sharia law.  

But it was probably just that fucking dixiecrat Biden's incompetent idiocy...

To clarify, I don’t argue for the left wing position, I argue against left and right. You can’t be libertarian and embrace either side of politics.

As for Twitter, I’m not happy with them giving the Taliban a platform. However, the alternative is for governments to intervene and tell Twitter who they can host, I’m not sure that is a great idea.

As to why the US government decided to invade Afghanistan, they had to be seen to be doing something after the 911 attacks. Something big. From there it was a simple matter for arms manufacturers, and any other company or group who stood to gain, to lobby the government to invade Afghanistan, despite the Taliban being willing to hand over Osama Bin Laden at the time.

The problem was that there was no clear objective at the start, then “mission creep” set in and it turned into a twenty year long fiasco. This was not a left/right issue, both sides were complicit, as were all the major allies of the US.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

is it fair to say the US military were at war with Afghanistan for 20 years. I think it became more of a casual occupation. first new leader was very pro-western

occupying a country like  Afganistan opens  all kinds of doors for barracks and installations, a perfect spring board for an assault on Syria let's say and aid the Saudi Arabian war on Yemen

may have started off with no direction, but that administration (Bush, Cheney, etc) were able to adapt, expand, exploit  fairly handy, and let's face it made a ton of money out of their exploits

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017

Noble_Incubus said:

To clarify, I don’t argue for the left wing position, I argue against left and right. You can’t be libertarian and embrace either side of politics.

As for Twitter, I’m not happy with them giving the Taliban a platform. However, the alternative is for governments to intervene and tell Twitter who they can host, I’m not sure that is a great idea.

As to why the US government decided to invade Afghanistan, they had to be seen to be doing something after the 911 attacks. Something big. From there it was a simple matter for arms manufacturers, and any other company or group who stood to gain, to lobby the government to invade Afghanistan, despite the Taliban being willing to hand over Osama Bin Laden at the time.

The problem was that there was no clear objective at the start, then “mission creep” set in and it turned into a twenty year long fiasco. This was not a left/right issue, both sides were complicit, as were all the major allies of the US.

Afganistan is a complex issue going back to all the middle eastern fighting during WW2...The actual reasons for multiple countries aiming at that plot of sandy mountains is not revealed to the masses.  There is always a cover story...And as you probably know, history shows the real reasons but only after the guilty parties are dead or in a rocking chair...

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017

It is tell telling that the neo con Bushs and  neo liberal Clintons and Obamas appear on the same stage together but forbid President Trump from the dais. They are globalist shills while Trump was a threat to their criminal cabal. That is why so many lies in media were constantly spit about Trump and are now spit about Trump supporters. These Nazis want to eliminate their enemies and are weaponizing government agencies against them. Liz Cheney, daughter of crook Cheney, has single digit approval ratings in her state. The actual conservatives in the U.S. are removing the criminal Neo con traitors. As far as the democrats, they have been traitors ever since we took away their slaves.

robert43041
Viking
Tyrant of Words
Canada 43awards
Joined 30th July 2020
Forum Posts: 918

So when will Trump be indicted for his actions in leading the Jan 6 insurrection?  Never, I suppose, with all the slime on his body he always just slips away from it all.

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 433

“A zoologist who observed gorillas in their native habitat was amazed by the uniformity of their life and their vast idleness. Hours and hours without doing anything. Was boredom unknown to them? This is indeed a question raised by a human, a busy ape. Far from fleeing monotony, animals crave it, and what they most dread is to see it end. For it ends, only to be replaced by fear, the cause of all activity. Inaction is divine; yet it is against inaction that man has rebelled. Man alone, in nature, is incapable of enduring monotony, man alone wants something to happen at all costs — something, anything.... Thereby he shows himself unworthy of his ancestor: the need for novelty is the characteristic of an alienated gorilla.”
― E. M. Cioran, The Trouble with Being Born

Even playing the game of "politics" helps we alienated gorillas with our monotony...our ennui...subjectivity is the only absolute...we grunt and groan with the repitition of the daily grind...it all helps to distract us from ourselves.

SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
26awards
Joined 5th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 1458

I have no moral words when it pertains to China, as I will always refer to as the sleeping giant? A nation who would stop at nothing when it pertains to competing with their technology, their consumer goods, currency, nuclear warheads.

This is the country where the Corona Virus once originated, in addition, worth mentioning, bird flu, swine flu. The last I've read, they are on the brink of developing super soldiers with implants. China is a nation we will have to contend with sooner or later, and with their secretive delegations and totalitarian regime ideology.

I think both political parties are the lesser of two evils and it goes against the grain to say which ever administration is in office. The Democrats' Congressmen did indeed own 99% of slaves, although, there were some Republicans who owned slaves in every domesticated manner. Therefore, I must add both parties have done its part for the economy at hand.

The republican, party who was the Party of Lincoln, and the party of the Emancipation. This same party pushed not only black votes but black politicians during that post-bellum period, which was known as reconstruction. African American at one time in history did identify as voting for the republican party and this was established back in 1854, when once upon a time the Republican party endorsed African American's equivalence for over, I do believe two decades or more.

African Americans ultimately switched to the Democratic Party under President Franklin Roosevelt, whereas, him having 23 percent of the black vote in 1932. The Democrats were a spark of hope for African Americans whose families were socially affected by the poverty during that course of time for the country.

The Democrats were the pro-slavery party in the North and the South and Republicans were the anti-slavery party.

White Southern Democrats began shifting to the Republican Party beginning in 1937-38, it was primarily over economic interests.

Although House Republicans passed an anti-lynching bill in January 1922, the Senate floor would not even support it, various Republicans, mainly the southern states Democrats blocked the bill, arguing that it federally interference with states' independence.

Meanwhile, the Democrats were winning the loyalty of African Americans and they still retain their misrepresented oaths today. In my humble opinion, it does not matter what political administration runs this country, as long as the citizens can eat, the homeless’ society has a warm place to sleep, our military is ready to go to war on command, and medication stays affordable for our seniors.  

Anything more from both parties is just smoke and screen and a day and dollar too short.

Go to page:
Go to: