Go to page:

The Politics Place

poet Anonymous

Meanwhile, back on our side of the pond. Boris is still a disingenuous mumbling tw@t and Tony Blair has been Knighted. "Arise Sir Tony for....war crimes." You get the drift. Contrary to popular opinion outside these isles, most have no time for the ramshackle Honours system.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5564

Strangeways_Rob said:Meanwhile, back on our side of the pond. Boris is still a disingenuous mumbling tw@t and Tony Blair has been Knighted. "Arise Sir Tony for....war crimes." You get the drift. Contrary to popular opinion outside these isles, most have no time for the ramshackle Honours system.

Tony Blair… enquiry into war crimes but we’ll give him a knighthood.

Mmmmkayyyyyy.

And as for Boris…
👉🏻 https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8E6TnEN/

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

advice from the chief of health service in (d)Ireland is as follows "if you think you have covid you probably have" which is fortunate for me cos I don't think I have it. but 1 in 2 are turning up positive and there's at least a days wait for a pcr. I'll bet a lot of people in the country wish they'd done a bit of hoarding now

speaking of positive, the government will be sending every household in the country ('cept those beyond the partition) a tidy sum of €100 off the electric to help combat the current (what they call ) energy crisis

I call it revenge of the Nordic stream.

Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 231

runaway-mindtrain said:

It does stink. It is just oldschool geo politics. The reason China is interested in Afghanistan is the same reason Russia and the U.S. were...because it has one of the largest reservoirs of rare earth minerals that are used in digital technology. The same reason the Romans took control of the British Isles..for the Tin mines used in their bronze metallurgy of weapons. Controlling natural resources is the hidden agenda covered over by political rhetoric. China helped fraudulently install a false president to oust the actual threat known as Trump. 80 billion in weapons to a terrorist organization to control the land. That is why China was the first country to recognize the new leadership of the Taliban. All thanks to anti trump rinos and biden supporters helping elites orchestrate a coup with lies and force instead of the vote...just like authoritarians have done in country after country for 100 years....

Thanks democrats and neo con Republican cowards..

The world saw Trump NOT start any new wars while brokering 5 peace agreements and being hardline against terrorists... That reputation is now completely destroyed....

What a load of rubbish.

When the Soviets invaded Afghanistan in the 1980s rare earth minerals were not so important as they are today. The types of industries that benefit from rare earth elements like high end computing and renewable energy were in their infancy in the 80s.

The United States conducted a comprehensive geological survey of Afghanistan in 2010. If the resources were worth the investment there would still be US troops in Afghanistan today. The fact is that it would take an astronomical sum to build the infrastructure necessary to mine rare earth minerals in Afghanistan.

China is already the world’s largest supplier of rare earth minerals, why would they spend a colossal sum to increase supply and devalue their own position? They wouldn’t it’s a stupid idea.

As per usual you don’t have a clue.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

to be fair, the poppy fields were probably a nice source of income  

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5593

Noble_Incubus said:

What a load of rubbish.

When the Soviets invaded Afghanistan in the 1980s rare earth minerals were not so important as they are today. The types of industries that benefit from rare earth elements like high end computing and renewable energy were in their infancy in the 80s.

The United States conducted a comprehensive geological survey of Afghanistan in 2010. If the resources were worth the investment there would still be US troops in Afghanistan today. The fact is that it would take an astronomical sum to build the infrastructure necessary to mine rare earth minerals in Afghanistan.

China is already the world’s largest supplier of rare earth minerals, why would they spend a colossal sum to increase supply and devalue their own position? They wouldn’t it’s a stupid idea.

As per usual you don’t have a clue.

Afghanistan = Land bridge for China to easily canoodle with Iran on nuclear capabilities/arms.  And since Brandon has been in bed with China for decades, it's no surprise that he "paid" them with such a bridge for easier passage.

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 889

lepperochan said:to be fair, the poppy fields were probably a nice source of income  

*snort* right.

Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 28th Jan 2016

Exactly! It’s about energy.

China wants to form an energy bridge through Afghanistan to Iran. The US doesn’t want that to happen. Other countries want to connect gas pipelines through Afghanistan. The problem is that Afghanistan is such a basket case now it would take an extraordinary effort to make any of these ideas happen.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Noble_Incubus said:Exactly! It’s about energy.

China wants to form an energy bridge through Afghanistan to Iran. The US doesn’t want that to happen. Other countries want to connect gas pipelines through Afghanistan. The problem is that Afghanistan is such a basket case now it would take an extraordinary effort to make any of these ideas happen.

Well .... I didn't mean "energy" in the sense of nuclear being a fossil fuel alternative, so much as that energy being used as weapons of destruction by those countries that hate America and now have that land bridge to each other, now....

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

MadameLavender said:

Well .... I didn't mean "energy" in the sense of nuclear being a fossil fuel alternative, so much as that energy being used as weapons of destruction by those countries that hate America and now have that land bridge to each other, now....

hang on a sec, Doc

it was thr US who put sanctions on the companies who were building the Nordic stream because they want to be energy suppliers to Europe.  bully tactics as per

edit:

that's not to take Russia off the hook. what we are experiencing is Russia's revenge

energy prices in Europe have quadrupled in the last 6 months. didn't affect the US only Europeeans  

is it any wonder nations hate the US for their constant interfering

Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 28th Jan 2016

MadameLavender said:

I knew what you meant, but you were only describing half the story. The strategic value of Afghanistan comes down to energy. China wants access to Iran’s oil and will entertain Iran’s nuclear ambitions if that’s what it takes to get it.

I don’t like the phrase “countries that hate America” that sounds like political propaganda to me. The sort of propaganda used by unscrupulous politicians to justify the unjustifiable. Like pointless wars.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

so, couple  of days ago the five permanent  seats in the UN security council signed a pact promising not to take part in a nuclear war

anyone have any idea(s) why ?

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

lepperochan said:so, couple  of days ago the five permanent  seats in the UN security council signed a pact promising not to take part in a nuclear war

anyone have any idea(s) why ?

So they can break their promise , just like most other politicians....🙄

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

It's a little odd right enough considering the big hullabaloo caused when Australia  moved from a deal with France for some new submarines to a deal with the UK and US for nuclear subs worth lots,

plus the new Australian subs will be part of a tri-lateral presence / deterrent in the south pacific  with said other countries

French went a bit nuts over that. suspended a research and development thing they had going on with the UK concerning hypersonic weapons

should say Australia doesn't hold a permanent seat on the UN security council. and while I think of it if I remember correct Ireland holds the head of the council for another 18 months

if you look back, bad things have happened while Eire held the head

but anyway: hypersonic weapons. Russia tested a few last year. US this year along with a handful of other countries

Drones, robotic animals, bio is probably a safe bet at this stage

who needs the nukes

war

SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
26awards
Joined 5th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 1376

That is a beautiful treaty for any nation to take comfort in, and to give hope and stability in a crisis such as this pandemic whereas, the weakening of any nation would not have to befall to the contingent of engaging in a war or a nation stockpiling nuclear warheads.

However, has anyone paid attention to the other four nations (Israel, India, Pakistan and North Korea) who own nuclear weapons and these nations are not a part of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) and each has remained to keep storing, making, testing, or buying nuclear weaponry from neighboring countries.

Kim Jong Un of North Korea, the successor of his late father, Kim Jong-il, who was never strong allies to enter into any peaceful long-term resolution or resolve silent nuclear threats against America or retain its stronghold on our democracy as far as consumerism; tariffs of export/import tax breaks

In addition, the last I heard, Kim Jong Un has made it his priority to engage in high-tech weapons to respond to the instability on the Korean Peninsula.

I do hope somewhere in time these other nations will take that peaceful oath, but I seriously doubt it.. nevertheless, one can only hope

Go to page:
Go to: